MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

4ms ROW POWER
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next [all]
Author 4ms ROW POWER
4mspedals

Our new power solution is called ROW POWER.

It's a 4HP module that uses a commonly available laptop-style power brick. It's cool, clean, and compact.

The 30W version is 1.5A @ +12V, 0.75A @ -12V, and 0.5A @ +5V.
The 40W version is 1.5A @ +12V, 1.25A @ -12V, and 1.5A @ +5V.

We want to see the first run installed in a wide variety of systems, and tested with many different modules. So, we're casting a wide net for people who want to be testers, selling them at a discount in exchange for usage reports. Call it beta testing, or perhaps call it "gamma" testing.

Email us if you're interested in testing: 4ms at 4mspedals dot com.
haima
looks interesting! email sent SlayerBadger!
BTG
Is this using a flying bus board I assume?
EarlJemmings
Oh, nice!
These supply more than I hoped for.

Really really looking forward to the modular rows being released, So I can leave my awkward non-portable racked HEKs behined.

we're not worthy nanners
waveglider
Why 2 DC power jacks?
spunkytoofers
waveglider wrote:
Why 2 DC power jacks?

probally a daisy chain
haima
yeah, daisy-chain would be my guess...
robbert
Please give more info. How deep is the module, what busboard concept, how much conectors does the busboard offer etc.

Hope the stonger one will be available soon. I need more power!
robbert
Found the info on the website. Looking forward to buy one!
4mspedals
Hey all.. to answer the questions:

-Yes, the two jacks are for daisy-chaining. The power switch doesn't interrupt the daisy-chain.
-It can work with a flying bus board, or you can connect the ROW POWER to a distro board
-It's 27mm deep

There's more info here: http://4mspedals.com/rowpow.php
Microscopial
Hey buddy Ive just built two of your bussboards and really nice easy build so I'd like to try these with your power. How much for the more powerful one to the uk. Cheers Ross. Ps did you ever get my message from Facebook
bog
Would love to try this in my new rack. I emailed, but no response yet. Ready to buy. Need ROW Power asap!
bog
sbogle56@aol.com
mckenic
If you dont have enough testers already, and if your sending some across the pond to Ross anyway - Id be down for 1 or 2! I could use it instead of switching my uZeus any time I wanna use my Lemond sequencing skiff! (My uZeuss usually in my portable case meaning I cant use both at the same time!)
annex03
Gimme danger Littl, stranger! thumbs up

4mspedals wrote:

Our new power solution is called ROW POWER.

It's a 4HP module that uses a commonly available laptop-style power brick. It's cool, clean, and compact.

The 30W version is 1.5A @ +12V, 0.75A @ -12V, and 0.5A @ +5V.

We want to see the first run installed in a wide variety of systems, and tested with many different modules. So, we're casting a wide net for people who want to be testers, selling them at a discount in exchange for usage reports. Call it beta testing, or perhaps call it "gamma" testing.

Email us if you're interested in testing: 4ms at 4mspedals dot com.
4mspedals
Just sent out a mass email to all the gamma-testing participants. Check your spam box if you don't get it. Thanks!
nofuture
Very interesting !Hope this will be soon available on the market !
Was wondering about getting bus board or an other uZeus but :

= 2 uZeus so can be very interesting if we can chain flying board

Seems to be female connectors on this picture instead of male ones ? Is this normal ?
4mspedals
Yes, our flying bus cables use female connectors. The TipTop ones use male connectors. Both have pros and cons... You can use either with the ROW POWER.
bromer
I'd like to give these a test! Thanks

Brian Romer
onurkalaycioglu
id like to gamma test as well
nofuture
4mspedals wrote:
Yes, our flying bus cables use female connectors. The TipTop ones use male connectors. Both have pros and cons... You can use either with the ROW POWER.

Okay thanks for the answer !

Have you an idea of the price range / availability date if everything is fine during the gamma test ?

Thanks.
robbert
Could you please end this test and put it up for sale NOW! :love:
Etan
robbert wrote:
Could you please end this test and put it up for sale NOW! love

+1

In desperate need for more juice, ROW POWER seems perfect. Any news on release date?
deathbeef
ROW power seems really great for starter/expanding systems. Here's hoping for a release date and/or pricing info soon!
nofuture
Any news about when it should be available ?
Etan
It was said on FB 2-3 weeks till they start shipping.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next [all]
Page 1 of 6