MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

4ms ROW POWER
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 [all]
Author 4ms ROW POWER
Hazza26
versipellis wrote:
Not sure if this helps, but stacking all my power load on one header didn't work. Splitting across both did, however. I couldn't be bothered math'ing the loads.

Ah right, that changes things! When you say "didn't work", did the modules just not power on? Is it possible to fry the power unit?

I just the maths on my load:
1105mA +12v
564mA -12v
0mA 5v

Pretty sure that's within safe tolerances of Row40 and 28AWG ribbon cable?
versipellis
Hazza26 wrote:
versipellis wrote:
Not sure if this helps, but stacking all my power load on one header didn't work. Splitting across both did, however. I couldn't be bothered math'ing the loads.

Ah right, that changes things! When you say "didn't work", did the modules just not power on? Is it possible to fry the power unit?

I just the maths on my load:
1105mA +12v
564mA -12v
0mA 5v

Pretty sure that's within safe tolerances of Row40 and 28AWG ribbon cable?

5V lit up, +12V and -12V didn't. I'm guessing I was pulling more load than the ribbon cable could handle. Like I said, I didn't bother looking up the AWG for the ribbon cables, or measuring the output or trying to figure out the circuit diagram of the row power.
Alphaman
is it possible to connect a Row Power 40 to a Row Power 30 with a this daisy chain cable?
JohnLRice
Alphaman wrote:
is it possible to connect a Row Power 40 to a Row Power 30 with a this daisy chain cable?
Yes! thumbs up
Alphaman
JohnLRice wrote:
Alphaman wrote:
Yes! thumbs up

nice. thanks for the response. and can i use other cables too (if they exist)? currently it is very hard to get these original 4ms cables in germany, because everyone only offers the modules, but not the cables^^
JohnLRice
Alphaman wrote:
JohnLRice wrote:
Alphaman wrote:
Yes! thumbs up

nice. thanks for the response. and can i use other cables too (if they exist)? currently it is very hard to get these original 4ms cables in germany, because everyone only offers the modules, but not the cables^^
Sure, just make sure it has the same specifications, a 2.1mm barrel plug with 5.5mm outer diameter. If the center hole is too small or the outside diameter is too large the plug wont fit and in the opposite is true then the plug might fit but not make good solid contact.

Take a look at companies that make/sell accessories for guitar pedal power supplies as you can often find cables that will work, although try to get one that is reasonably heavy duty since some made for guitar pedals are very thin and not designed for the amount of current a Row Power module requires.
mrfang
Alphaman wrote:

Schneidersladen carries the 4ms right-angle barrel cable:

https://www.schneidersladen.de/en/4ms-rowpower-jumper-cable-angled.htm l

And they have a few left of the long straight version, which is now discontinued:

https://www.schneidersladen.de/en/4ms-rowpower-jumper-cable-long.html
Alphaman
i don't purchase stuff from this bum's store Schneider's anymore since my first order there, but another music store sells the original ones
mrfang
Right-angle barrel cables in Germany are also available here:

https://www.musicstore.com/en_US/USD/4ms-Barrel-power-cable-rt-angle/a rt-SYN0006935-000
phantommovement
Alphaman wrote:
i don't purchase stuff from this bum's store Schneider's anymore since my first order there, but another music store sells the original ones

Care to explain what happened with Schneidersladen? I bought my first batch of modules there and thought they are excellent.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 [all]
Page 6 of 6