MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Information
Search is fixed!!! Apologies for the downtime.

I love Frac: 0 to 36U in 4 years
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Fractional Rack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next [all]
Author I love Frac: 0 to 36U in 4 years
rezzn8r
I love Frac!
I think the reason that this system continues to grow is that I enjoy patching on it so much.
My journey began in October of 2009 when I met Mike (Muff) in a Tim Horton's parking lot to trade my Future Retro Revolution for some Frac modules.
Very soon after I added a VCS and a Plague Bearer.

Within three months I was moving to three racks.
The Miniwave and Binary Zone were big additions around this time with both modules kind of blowing my mind. Also the Zero and my first BugBrand! A PT Delay !!! Super-Awesome
BugBrand!

In February of 2010 I had my first opportunity to feed my Wiard lust.
The JAG/Joystick combo were my first Wiard acquisitions. Others would follow love
I also added the STG Wavefolder around this time. I really like this module
SlayerBadger!

I think I thought I was going to stop there, but a Noise Ring and Borg soon followed along with some other utility modules like a Window Comp and I/O.

Over the next couple of years I would continue to add interesting things that came up in the B/S/T. I also had Mike at Metalbox make some custom ears.

Here you can see 4 racks with my other modular stuff including the 2 Klees. One of them is built with minijacks.
This is fun!
You may also noticed that I have sold the Zero and Saw animator by this time.
I think the STG Mankato was the last module that filled up the 4th rack. I really thought I was going to stop here.

But then I scored a second Borg and a pair of Boogies.
Also the Cloud Generator, and a Time Machine.
By then I was starting to get frustrated with with all the 500mA PSUs I was using and decided to move all of the Frac to a 18U cabinet with a single 2A supply courtesy of Graham Hinton.

Then last Christmas I finally got some more BugBrand. A very kind New York Wiggler hooked my up with a Wavefolder, BugCrusher, Weevil, LPG, SV Filter, and a VCA Drive.
MY ASS IS BLEEDING we're not worthy w00t
Also on display in this pic; The HexZone, a Matrix Mixer and a Burst Generator.

In the last couple of months I have picked up a Pair'o'Slopes, a CGS Wave Multiplier, some Synthcube stuff, and all the rails, panels, and hardware to add a second 18U cabinet. A second order of completed Frac ears is en route to me now from Metalbox, and an Encore Frequency Shifter should be hitting the post soon. I'm soooo excited.
hyper hyper hyper
I'm on Vacation now until the end of the year, so I hope to have time to get the expansion up and running in the next couple weeks, so new pics to follow soon.
It has been a real up and down ride, as I've been laid off twice over the course of this modular adventure, and came close to selling everything both times.
Did I mention I was excited?
hyper hyper hyper
xpando
sweet! im also an admitted frac addict.

what is the blue module.. second row/first module on the left in the last pic?
tIB
Awesome! I love frac as a format, I'm sorry to see most of mine go though I retain a fair large stake in bugfrac! Great to see my stuff going to happy homes!
Moog$FooL$
woah Blacet jawdrop Blacet Blacet The Chewbacca Defense The Chewbacca Defense
SlayerBadger! SlayerBadger! SlayerBadger! SlayerBadger!
chachi
looks like you dropped one of those boogies along the way, but if you haven't and want to get rid of it.... nanners
rezzn8r
xpando wrote:

what is the blue module.. second row/first module on the left in the last pic?

That is an Oakley VCO

tIB wrote:
Great to see my stuff going to happy homes!

One of the happiest applause Thanks!

chachi wrote:
looks like you dropped one of those boogies along the way, but if you haven't and want to get rid of it.... nanners

No, the other Boogie is in a box with a bunch of other modules that are side-lined until I can get the 2nd cab together.

A big thanks to all of the wigglers who helped me get to this point including Muff, sandyb, haricots, consumed, D/A A/D, opsysbug, Norman Phay, kryptic, Babaluma, thetwlo, and any others I've missed.

Cheers! Guinness ftw!
consumed
really cool to see the progression.
that shot with the klees on top and modcan b below is tremendous.
i loved the frac format as well, although im down to just one rack now.
Adam-V
Great frac system rezzn8r.

Definitely my favourite modular format.

Cheers,
Adam-V
rezzn8r
My new ears arrived in the mail yesterday! w00t

It won't be long now until the 2nd cabinet is up and running SlayerBadger!
rezzn8r
w00t w00t w00t

It's starting to come together !!!

hyper hyper hyper

Moog$FooL$
MONSTER.

screaming goo yo
dJ dAb
rezzn8r wrote:
My new ears arrived in the mail yesterday! w00t

It won't be long now until the 2nd cabinet is up and running SlayerBadger!

Man, I really need to take advantage of the Rack ear real estate!

btw, come join up to my Frac Rak page... https://www.facebook.com/pages/Frac-Rak-Users/221539761320648
kuxaan-sum
rezzn8r wrote:
w00t w00t w00t

It's starting to come together !!!

hyper hyper hyper

I like how convenient the pisser is there underneath the table....you almost never have to get up to do anything if there is a water supply module in there somewhere.
Adam-V
Dr Frac-n-stein's Monster!

Cheers,
Adam-V
Cybananna
Livewire frequensteiner for frac!!!! Best filter ever!!!!!

screaming goo yo screaming goo yo screaming goo yo

Blacet Blacet Blacet Blacet
rezzn8r
lol That Livewire Frequensteiner is the reason I have frac modules. If it hadn't been part of the system Muff was selling, I would never have started down this road.
I love love love love its high pass mode

Another pic, this one without the glare from the window. 8_)
The last rack is in the mail now. I hope to see it soon hyper
rezzn8r
The Chewbacca Defense The Chewbacca Defense The Chewbacca Defense

I wasn't expecting mail today, but it sure was a pleasant surprise!
The last rack, and some blank panels arrived this morning, and the Encore Electronics Frequency Shifter arrived yesterday.

The current lineup includes;
Oakley VCO
Bugbrand Weevil
Blacet/Synth Tech Cloud Generator
Blacet VCO
Blacet Miniwave (modded to Megawave)
Synth Tech 1490 VCF
Synthcube AM4023 VCF
Livewire Frequensteiner
Flight of Harmony Plague Bearer
STG Mankato
Wiard Borg VCF
Wiard Boogie VCF (x2)
Bugbrand SV VCF
Metalbox/CGS Wave Multiplier
STG Wavefolder
Bugbrand Wavefolder
Bananalogue VCS
Wiard Noisering
Blacet MicroLFO
Blacet Bar Graph
Blacet Binary Zone
Oakley Lag
Metalbox/CGS Matrix Mixer
Blacet Mixer/Processor
Bananalogue 3P Mixer (x2)
Blacet HexZone
Metalbox/CGS Burst Generator
Oozitronics/CGS Pair'O'Slopes
Blacet Window Comp
Blacet Miniwave (x2)
Wiard Joystick Access Generator
Wiard Joystick
Synthcube Barton Dual Quantizer
Encore Electronics Frequency Shifter
Touell Skouarn Strakal Brulu
Blacet Mult/Attn
Bugbrand VCA/Drive
Bugbrand BugCrusher
Bugbrand PT Delay
Blacet Time Machine
Blacet Dual VCA
Bugbrand Dual VCA
Bugbrand Dual LPG
Synth Tech 1190 Dual VCA
Blacet I/O
Blacet EG1
Blacet DAD (x2)

Plus a Klee Sequencer, and a 19" Mult Strip from A.I.

And in the ears;
Metalbox/CGS
N/AND
N/OR
Dual SPDT
DC Mixer (x2)
ASR
Dual RingMod
Dual Attenuators (x3)
8008 Bass Drum (x2)
Psycho LFO
1/4 Mult
1/8 Mult
Trunk Lines

There are currently 9 empty spaces, but the blank panels should keep me from freaking out too much hihi
3 of those spaces will be filled by a 258J when Synthcube does a run of those.
For the other 6 I'm considering various clock/pulse dividers, and maybe some additional modulation sources...

Time to go patch this bad boy!
chamomileshark
nice to see a healthy mature frac system. Seem to be getting rare these days?
dogoftears
absolutely beautiful, frac4eva!!! w00t

18U over here....
rezzn8r
dJ dAb wrote:

btw, come join up to my Frac Rak page... https://www.facebook.com/pages/Frac-Rak-Users/221539761320648

I would, but I don't do Facebook waah

chamomileshark wrote:

Overshadowed by the Euro format, methinks.
Adam-V
rezzn8r wrote:

chamomileshark wrote:

Overshadowed by the Euro format, methinks.

I think, sadly, that is all too true. The frac offerings are starting to seem a little bland when compared to the glut of flashy esoteric modules on offer in Euroland. There are also many more new modules being released in Euro than in frac too. It seems like not a day goes by without another new Euro module being announced. I think there's also an element of many folks wanting as much possible functionality in the smallest possible (and sometimes impossible) space.

Cheers,
Adam-V
e-grad
Adam-V wrote:
The frac offerings are starting to seem a little bland when compared to the glut of flashy esoteric modules on offer in Euroland.

There's certainly some truth to it. However, I'm sure many of the 'esoteric' functions could be achieved with Frac modules.

For example audio FM, cross modulation, the audio in of the MiniWave will allow for a wide range of sounds and CV.
Adam-V
e-grad wrote:
Adam-V wrote:
The frac offerings are starting to seem a little bland when compared to the glut of flashy esoteric modules on offer in Euroland.

There's certainly some truth to it. However, I'm sure many of the 'esoteric' functions could be achieved with Frac modules.

For example audio FM, cross modulation, the audio in of the MiniWave will allow for a wide range of sounds and CV.

I agree, however it seems these days that many people want to have a single module that does one specific function even though it could be achieved with a number of other modules. I'm guessing it's a space issue, the same reason behind the 2HP modules and the ever decreasing amount of space around controls and jacks on panels that have appeared over the years.

Cheers,
Adam-V
noobyscooby
Very nice rig. I've got about 15U now myself over the past couple of years. Great sounds and if you're patient and fast when it pops up frac can be had for tremendous value.

I've got to talk to Metalbox about some ears. Some drums for sure. Maybe some logic as well. Have enough mults and attenuation.
dJ dAb
I went from 0 to 42U in 14 years. Hehe
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Fractional Rack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next [all]
Page 1 of 3