MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Just a simple question :)
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> fonitronik  
Author Just a simple question :)
sushiluv
Hi,

i´m interested in buying the fonitronik adc sequencer.

i wonder, if the adc part only influences the steps only or the pitch as well?
is the adc part some kind of turing machine and would it be correct to think of the adc as "kind of" turing machine with more controls over steps and pitch?

thanks!
fonik
sushiluv wrote:
Hi,

i´m interested in buying the fonitronik adc sequencer.

i wonder, if the adc part only influences the steps only or the pitch as well?
is the adc part some kind of turing machine and would it be correct to think of the adc as "kind of" turing machine with more controls over steps and pitch?

thanks!

it is completely different than the turing machine.

the touring machine uses a DAC (digital 2 analog converter) to create a control voltage from an 8-bit string (coming from a shift register).

the mh11 ADC Sequencer uses an ADC (analog 2 digital converter) to convert a control voltage into an 8-bit string, i.e. IIOIOIOI. this string is used to create the actual gate/trigger pattern. the voltage for each off-step is 0V.

anyways, for each step you can decide wether it is controlled by the ADC, always on, or always off.
in fact you have a complete 8-step gate/trigger/CV sequencer which is programmable. programmable in an analog way. there is no memory of courese (and there is no software running). nevertheless, you can dial in any of all possible 256 patterns.

hope this helps.

ADC Sequencer @ fonitronik.de
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> fonitronik  
Page 1 of 1