MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

toppobrillo triplewavefolder DIY- interest in 2nd run?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next [all]

would you be interested in ____?
PCB only
37%
 37%  [ 42 ]
PCB and all PCB-mounted parts
62%
 62%  [ 70 ]
Total Votes : 112

Author toppobrillo triplewavefolder DIY- interest in 2nd run?
toppobrillo
UPDATE: I created a simple page to handle the ordering process [via paypal] if you would like to pay another way or prefer anything but standard post shipping, PM me. If there are any questions or oversights please let me know, the shipping and pricing should be correct.

Here is the ordering page:

http://toppobrillo.com/TWFDIY.html

the ordering window [for the 1st batch] is around 10 days from today, at that point I will send off for PCBs/ the parts for the kits will be here sooner than the PCBs so I will be shipping your orders by christmas time. remember that the PO tends to get slower around then of course!

yes I am taking preorders, and while I know preorders for certain items here in these forums haven't turned out well, or, at all meh these boards and myself are a known quantity and you can count on communication and honesty about delivery times. you will get an update here everytime something is ordered/received and when your items ship.

I will be ordering extra PCBs of course, but parts, not too much, count on a 2-3 week lead time for bulk parts-orders. This means if you place a KIT order after the initial qty. of kits is gone, your kit order will take a little while [I will update the ordering page with this information]. PCBs should be plentiful.

Hi, I finished my first run of Euro modules!

http://toppobrillo.com/TBmmCO/TWF.html

now i think it's time to offer up the DIY option. I can order PCBs right away, the kits will take a few weeks to get together.

There aren't any hard to find parts at all, full printed documentation will be provided to those who order, BOM can be emailed so you can get a jump on ordering parts.

The pricing is as follows, PCB only $20, PCB and all PCB mounted parts, 65$ this includes machined-pin IC sockets.

Infos::

The PCB is fairly dense with 9 ICs and 6 trimmers. It measures 3" x 4.2" [fits between euro and frac rails]

there are provisions for both Euro power as well as MOTM, the board is double sided, green soldermask with yellow silkscreen. All connections are brought out to the edges of the board and grouped into 3 and 4-pin .1" header pads.

some of the the bypass capacitors are large SMD pads under some ICs. you could easily solder small ceramic caps here if you like.

please ask if you have any questions, vote in the poll above please so I can gauge interest on this.

thanks for looking!
Luka
says yes even tho i promised not to buy any more pcbs smile
parasitk
Sweet! Voted yes. I'd still like to hear more straight forward sound clips of this one too.
DGTom
SlayerBadger!
johnnymad
if a panel comes with the kit, i'm in.
toppobrillo
Quote:

maybe, but I am out of panels for now. I expect to be ordering more in 4-6 weeks.
NV
johnnymad wrote:

Definitely agree with this. Having the option to purchase the panel as well would sell me immediately.
panda30y
i'd be down for one. Any normalized jacks? Doesn't appear to be any. Building this in banana frac.
scozbor
might be interested but my wavefolding needs will probably be fulfilled when i finish the doomsday machine
toppobrillo
Quote:
Any normalized jacks?

yes- there are quite a few in the euro module. 6 i think- the normallization could be implemented in a simpler fashion with a few switches though. [or 1 switch for 'series' mode ala serge triple waveshaper] or you could leave it patch-programmable, either way. I will include instructions on different wiring arrangements for various functionality.
krelnarb
I'd be in for a PCB/Parts kit.
gwaidan
I'd be in for a PCB. Also for a panel if available....
Funky40
i'm in for 1 or 2 PCBs
spbaker
i'd be in for a full kit with panel SlayerBadger!
goiks
+1 for a panel as well
apfEID
how difficult is the build for beginners (some experience soldering but not much)
Junk Rhythm
apfEID wrote:
how difficult is the build for beginners (some experience soldering but not much)

It's a fairly easy and straight forward build.
panda30y
Junk Rhythm wrote:
apfEID wrote:

I would agree, but there is a little SMD work, so that might be a little difficult, but shouldn't be too bad.
Junk Rhythm
panda30y wrote:
Junk Rhythm wrote:
apfEID wrote:

I would agree, but there is a little SMD work, so that might be a little difficult, but shouldn't be too bad.

The SMD part is really easy. If I remember correctly there are only 6 SMD capacitors that go on there. You'll need a pair of tweezers to line them up and then it's steady hands from there.
gde
im in for a PCB, but i didnt vote because i did so over at electro-music 8_)
toppobrillo
the SMD pads are relatively large, you can easily solder small ceramic leaded caps on them if you want.
toppobrillo
ordering page is up:

werock
toppobrillo wrote:
ordering page is up:

Minor point, on the DIY kit option you have got the Euro & MOTM options listed as 12v in the drop down hmmm.....
toppobrillo
Quote:
Minor point, on the DIY kit option you have got the Euro & MOTM options listed as 12v in the drop down hmmm.....

ah thanks , i'll fix it thumbs up

edit: should be fixed now- fixing the PCB only option now for discounted shipping on 4 or more PCBs.
e-grad
Thanks for supporting DIY! Highly appreciated!

Any hard to get parts involved?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next [all]
Page 1 of 13