MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

toppobrillo triplewavefolder DIY- interest in 2nd run?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next [all]

would you be interested in ____?
PCB only
37%
 37%  [ 42 ]
PCB and all PCB-mounted parts
62%
 62%  [ 70 ]
Total Votes : 112

Author toppobrillo triplewavefolder DIY- interest in 2nd run?
rosch

like this?
falafelbiels
Wow! You have some nuclear reactors on there, be careful!
sduck
Um, you may have ordered the wrong kind of trimmers. However, I suppose those will "work", although they probably cost about 10 times what you should have paid - I hope those were just some old stuff you had lying around.
toppobrillo
no, that is reverse, should be EBC from left to right when looking at the flat side in front of you. if you have a reverse pinout of CBE then all you have to do is flip them in the board- but what kind of transistors are you using?

also those trimmers are insane and wayyyyy overkill. i hope they arent shorting leads together as it looks like their casing is conductive!
rosch
thanks man, everything's fine! they have the right pinout. it's 2N3906.

hehe yeah the trimmers are overkill indeed. but i had them lying around and they were super cheap, i got a box full of them soviet trimmers. when i noticed they fit the board i just used them. the surface is conductive but doesn't touch any leads. some just rest on the "body" of the resistors. also they're very stable and won't bend or anything. looks funny though.
thanks again, so now i just need some zeners and pots.
ChrisR
TWF & 281 PCBs arrived in Germany!
No customs sticker, shipping took less than a week! applause

Guinness ftw!
brother303
Hi,

ChrisR wrote:
TWF & 281 PCBs arrived in Germany!
No customs sticker, shipping took less than a week! applause

Guinness ftw!

Lucky you are, I HAD a customs-sticker on mine and it took them (the famous "deutscher Zoll") about 2 month to get it onto the envelope... Dead Banana

Regards
Greg
falafelbiels
I finished this thing with a cardboard panel yesterday. It sounds really nice and interesting. Didn't get all of the functionality at once, but got some nice sounds from it. I bet there's some surprises to come. I will build the panel with attenuators for CV in. This is going to be a quite large panel w00t

Thanks Toppo for another nice design!
SMS303
Falafelbiels' TWP sounded as: I WANT ONE TOO! Mr. Green
falafelbiels
But you want everything you see somebody else having.
SMS303
falafelbiels wrote:
But you want everything you see somebody else having.

yes i'm a copycat SlayerBadger!

Don't diss me here just in the FUCK SMS303 thread lol
sduck
Could you guys get a room? I mean, somewhere else completely? Like Mars?
SMS303
sduck wrote:
Could you guys get a room? I mean, somewhere else completely? Like Mars?

lol lol
falafelbiels
Sorry, we'll deal with this stuff in the fuck sms thread. Sorry to hold you up guys, sorry.

Anyway, great circuit, TWF, love it, I really do.

Sorry.
auftauchend
yey, my boards finally arrived! of course they got stuck at the customs...
but now everythings fine, i can start building it.

thanks for the boards!!

greetings
robotfunk
toppobrillo wrote:
Quote:
There are 5 smd pads, but I can't see them being specified anywhere in the documentation... are they the .1uF?
.1uF is specified as having the qty 4...

don't worry about those. they are really necessary, only there as a precaution against unforseen issues that didn't exist- plenty of bypassing on the top side. if you want to install them they are actually meant to be .01 and tho the pad size is technically for 1206- 0805s fit just fine. the 4x .1s refer to the thru hole caps.

Just for the record, did you mean they are NOT really necessary? as in I can leave the SMD caps out entirely, or solder a wire bridge?
sduck
I think he means you can leave them off. Don't bridge them though - it won't work at all then.
Junk Rhythm
You can leave the SMD caps off.
robotfunk
Thanks guys!
That means my PCB is ready, onto the front panel and wiring!
Rod Serling Fan Club
Anyone do one one of these with bananas?

I don't think I am thinking about this correctly so I'll ask here. I'm trying to figure out the best way to go about this. What is the harm in hardwiring all the "normal" connections? Or will I need to add switches to all of these?
Junk Rhythm
Rod Serling Fan Club wrote:

I don't think I am thinking about this correctly so I'll ask here. I'm trying to figure out the best way to go about this. What is the harm in hardwiring all the "normal" connections? Or will I need to add switches to all of these?

Without switches you would lose the ability to use each section independently unless you did each section independently. You could just patch the normal connections as needed.
Junk Rhythm
Insert stupid iPhone respond here.
Rod Serling Fan Club
I realize now that I was thinking of it backwards. That putting a chord in the jack was connecting sections when it is actually disconnecting sections. It makes sense now.

It looks like the one switch I would still need, if I do the sections seperately, is a switch for DC offset/1B input. Right?

Edit: I just had another thought. The normalized connections for CV have resistors. If I built as independent sections I wouldn't have this normalization or these 3 resistors. I suspect that building these as independent sections means that both "CV all" inputs no longer work?

Sorry for all the questions but without schematics, it' a bit hard for me to follow what is connecting to what on the PCB.
Cable
Will there be any more runs for this anytime maybe?
moellhoven
Rod Serling Fan Club wrote:

I also thought alot about this. This is my take on a TWF panel for Modcan A. The design is not finished yet...
[/img]
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next [all]
Page 11 of 13