MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Toggle switch specification..
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Oakley Sound Systems  
Author Toggle switch specification..
BBlack
I'm in the middle of putting together a mouser cart for the EFG. In the builder's guide, it says an SPDT or SPST toggle switch is needed for X10. Perhaps this just my inexperience, but does this require an ON-ON or an ON-OFF-ON switch?

Should the switch style be determined by looking at the schematic, or is there some terminology in the guide I'm not yet familiar with?

Help is appreciated!

Thanks.
Synthbuilder
If the parts list says just SPDT it is an ON-ON. That is, the switch has only two positions, up and down. If the switch required is a three position one, ie. up, middle and down, then this will be described as an ON-OFF-ON.

The EFG requires just an ordinary ON-ON SPDT or SPST.

Tony
BBlack
Understood.

Thanks Tony.
BBlack
While I'm at it, and to avoid making a separate thread, I figure I'd ask this as well:

I cannot seem to track down any 100nf axial caps on mouser. Do any builders here have a part number? All the ones I found were no-stock, with a 14-15 week delivery time, and I'm ready to build NOW. Am I simply overlooking them?

I suppose radial caps would be fine as well - 5mm spacing for the axial-intended spots, correct?

But, if the axials are available, I'd go for those.
catatemycaps
You might want to refine your search to different voltage and use uF instead of nF. i.e. try 100V and 0.1 uF (equals to 100nF).

Plenty to choose from.
Perhaps this one: 80-C410C104K1R5TA-TR

Happy hunting!
BBlack
catatemycaps wrote:
You might want to refine your search to different voltage and use uF instead of nF. i.e. try 100V and 0.1 uF (equals to 100nF).

Plenty to choose from.
Perhaps this one: 80-C410C104K1R5TA-TR

Happy hunting!

I've left voltage open so all choices appear, and I did use uF. I have previously come across the one you posted, but that is of the X7R variety, and I was under them impression C0G was recommended.

Perhaps X7R is totally fine for these sections of the circuit - that's kind of what I thought.

Care to confirm?

Thanks very much!
catatemycaps
I think 100nF axials are not used in critical signal paths in Oakley designs so they should suffice. I have used X7Rs without any problems.

Perhaps Tony could verify this?
BBlack
Straight from the build guide:

Most PCBs require 50V or 63V 100nF axial ceramics for the power supply decoupling. These are good components with an excellent performance. The PCB legend for these devices has a lead spacing of 0.3” (7.5mm). Various types of axial ceramics exist, each one having a different dielectric. There are the more expensive C0G types from Farnell, but the other cheaper types with Y5V and X7R dielectrics are perfectly good enough for this application.

Are all the axials used for 'power supply decoupling'?
Synthbuilder
BBlack wrote:
Are all the axials used for 'power supply decoupling'?

Yes, for all the current boards.

I use the cheaper X7R. They work fine for this application.

Tony
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Oakley Sound Systems  
Page 1 of 1