MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Sidrax question/problem...
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Ciat-Lonbarde  
Author Sidrax question/problem...
chorus7
I just got my Sidrax from Peter and it has a strange problem... I've asked him about it and he's offered to look at it for me but I wanted to check and see if anyone else with one has the same issue...

When I press hard on the bars and release there is a electronic crackling/popping sound (like energy releasing) now when I play them soft or lightly everything works the way it should 100% (I just did the recording with 100% Sid and I had no issues)...

So what kind of pressure do you use when you use your Sid's? and if someone has a Sidrax could you try pressing hard on the bars and see if the same happens...

Now the other thing is I'm using a power supply which is rated at 1500ma and Peter says the Sid's need no more then 300ma but would this make a difference?

Sorry for the long winded post and thanks for any help...
wednesdayayay
I know on the shnth my piezos are very sensitive don't press too hard.

with the shnth there is the gwonzer which visualizes the physical inputs through the usb cable on your computer

I'm not sure about your power supply

have fun
Muff Wiggler
Same thing here. All the barres do it if you push hard enough, the piezo is extended beyond it's operating range and you get the pop when you release.

Its ok.

You're just pushing too hard. You'll get used to it quick

You really don't need to push at all

Rest your fingers on the barres and just breathe. Or imagine breathing.

The subtlest change in pressure effects the piezo. I can blow on the barres and play it. Such an amazingly sensitive and expressive instrument.

I'd say your sid is fine. Just get used to a lighter touch. Sid is meant to be caressed, not pushed and prodded like piano keys.

Enjoy!
wednesdayayay
Is there anyway you could post a pic of the ole plumbutter setup at some point @muffwiggler it was a beatuy :guinness:
chorus7
Thanks for the quick response guys! Totally appreciate it... I promise to treat my Sid gently...
Ginko
[quote="chorus7"]Thanks for the quick response guys! Totally appreciate it... I promise to treat my Sid gently...[/quote]

if you don't, we send some people round to take it off you :hihi:
HexEnduction
I used to play my sidrassi and tetrazzi barres with sponges and I'd put steel wool on the nodes for indeterminate modulations.
Great instruments for retired dishwashers.
Nelson Baboon
this is interesting. I'll have to pay more attention. I did a session last night where I was really enjoying my sidrax/tetrax, and was experimenting with pushing hard and releasing on it, and was very much enjoying the result. but at the time I had lots of modulation - both into the CL and out into other sounds, and also into myself with a variety of substances.

Muff Wiggler wrote:
Same thing here. All the barres do it if you push hard enough, the piezo is extended beyond it's operating range and you get the pop when you release.

Its ok.

You're just pushing too hard. You'll get used to it quick

You really don't need to push at all

Rest your fingers on the barres and just breathe. Or imagine breathing.

The subtlest change in pressure effects the piezo. I can blow on the barres and play it. Such an amazingly sensitive and expressive instrument.

I'd say your sid is fine. Just get used to a lighter touch. Sid is meant to be caressed, not pushed and prodded like piano keys.

Enjoy!
kristop
I just got a Sidrax from Peter and one of the pitch sliders does nothing. Anyone ever run into this? I've emailed Peter, but perhaps someone else has a suggestion while I wait to hear back. I'm gonna be bummed if I have to send the thing straight back to him.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Ciat-Lonbarde  
Page 1 of 1