MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Help me fill my final 8hp
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Author Help me fill my final 8hp
richardm123uk
Hi there,

Having difficulty deciding on the final module to fill my case. I have 8 hp left. Any ideas for the greatest functionality?

Cheers,
Richard

falafelbiels
I say go Plague Bearer

headbang
chinard
more multiples!!! w00t
Cat-A-Tonic
Doepfer A-189-1 VC Bit Cruncher;
not just for it's use as a sound mangler,
but more for the comparator modes and the processing of control voltages.
dkcg
PLL
richardm123uk
Thanks, I had not thought about the A-189-1 but the PPL has a OSC in it???
dkcg
richardm123uk wrote:
Thanks, I had not thought about the A-189-1 but the PPL has a OSC in it???

Eh...not really, you feed it a signal, it tries to track that signal jumping from harmonic to harmonic. Sorta like a soft sync. Well, that's one use. I've extracted gates from beating oscillators before too.

Check out DougCL's Arabesque patch and you'll see what I mean about jumping from harmonic to harmonic. Not an obviously useful module, but one you may have a hard time ever letting go once you get some nice patches with it.

How about swapping the Heisenberg with something 12 HP the row above it and getting rid of the 2hp spacer, then you could get a 10HP module. Like a Geiger counter, Polivoks, um, I forget what else is 10 HP...
richardm123uk
Cheers, dkcg the Arabesque patch has me sold. I will be getting another case in the new year hyper hyper hyper so no need to get rid of any modules.
dougcl
screaming goo yo
dkcg
richardm123uk wrote:
Cheers, dkcg the Arabesque patch has me sold. I will be getting another case in the new year hyper hyper hyper so no need to get rid of any modules.

That was the patch that sold me too.
I swear Doug must be getting commission for selling so many PLLs. hmmm..... lol
Chuck E. Jesus
edit...
RichyHo
dkcg wrote:
(re. Arabesque) That was the patch that sold me too.

+1
Synesthesia
is that me or you have no adsr ?
tIB
^ I spy 3... Model 10, Rs60 and the trapezoid gen.

Nice rack btw, hows that ASR working out for you?
Blackened Justice
Only the RS60 out of those is ADSR, but still I guess that's one.
richardm123uk

Hi there,

I am loving the M23 ASR although I have not explored it so much yet. Sending it quantized voltages through the A156 to the M24 is a lot of fun. I love the stepped effect of it but have yet to go all out nuts insane with it.
worker8
What about this 2 hp blank panel ? You got 10HP to fill if you remove this. Polyvoks filter ?

Or a 6 HP Analogue Solution/System module + a 4 HP Doepfer module
REwire
Yes, swap the STG with the ASys Reverb and you have 10hp

My Fav - the Cwejman PH-4 Quadrature LFO.

Or, get the mod that Intellijel is doing for the Vulcan to give it Reset.

Dan
tIB
richardm123uk wrote:

Hi there,

I am loving the M23 ASR although I have not explored it so much yet. Sending it quantized voltages through the A156 to the M24 is a lot of fun. I love the stepped effect of it but have yet to go all out nuts insane with it.

Thanks for that. Pretty intruiged by this module but not yet sure it justifies the cash and hassle of getting one.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Page 1 of 1