MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

volca beats-E
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next [all]
Author volca beats-E
pulplogic
I really like the Volca Beats, but needed to get some better integration with the rest of my system. Here are some pictures of the first round of modifications. The mod for individual outs for the Kick, Snare and Toms is pretty straightforward. The outputs are taken right after the Volcas VCAs and before the summing amplifier. The VCAs appear to be made from transistors configured as a differential pair where the gain is set by controlling the current source. The output of the VCAs is a differential signal which is feed to differential amplifiers for each output. This is nice since the DC offset is automatically stripped off when interfaced to a +/-12V system. The other mod is for modulating some of the digitally controlled parameters. Next up is the individual triggers outputs.

HappySampler
Just what I for one have been after

Money waiting thumbs up
ben_hex
Cool stuff, definetly brings a lot more to Te table having it in the modular smile
Dahl
That is craftsmanship! Look forward to hear (or rather see) a demo!
johnnylonz
Very cool! Neat how it fits in the rack like that too.
a scanner darkly
This is great, thanks for posting this!

Not sure if this is something that could be done as an interface module only (I understand that some mods to the Beats would still be required) but if so I would buy it immediately.

Is it possible to have trigger ins as well? I should probably check the Volca mods thread.
Matos
pulplogic
Love your work my friend. Beautifully done!
analoglsd
applause Looks amazing can't wait to hear the CV modulation in action.
scarkord
Stunning work! Looks amazing.
rampy
Just last night I was holding the Volca Beats up to my rack to see how it would look next to Rene and Pressure Points! This looks fantastic.
Summa
applause nice! but that p-verb got my head spinning!!! did I miss something or is it just a proto?
mckenic
Beautiful as all your work is of course!
DSC
Awesome!
How many HP is that?
Imagine all three? screaming goo yo
madcap
Ouch. That's what in talking about!!

Trigger outs is what I'm wanting. The other features will be sweet too tho.

How do you go about this? Do we send you our volcas and some cash? Or do we sell our volcas and buy this from you whole?

Or, even better.... You sell a kit to do it ourselves.
sgventil
applause
Madchiller
Very nice. I will definitely watch this develop! applause
John Noble
Pulp is da man! we're not worthy
paul_exp
Epic! Does your mod allow pattern reset? It's the thing I sorely miss on my volca...
oscillateur
paul_exp wrote:
Epic! Does your mod allow pattern reset? It's the thing I sorely miss on my volca...

What do you mean ? You can reset patterns on the Volcas.

Anyway, trigger outs are just what I'd be looking for on mine but this looks pretty cool nanners .
radiokoala
Seriously cool, big ups thumbs up

Could you label the cv modulation patch points for us DIYers?.. meh
Ginko
Nice work! SlayerBadger!
peng
This is great! Maybe I need to reconsider the Volca range...
ben_hex
Buying a volca with fully expanded outs and mounting would be ace! w00t
karmadelic
Quote:
Buying a volca with fully expanded outs and mounting would be ace! w00t

+1
paul_exp
oscillateur wrote:
paul_exp wrote:

What do you mean ? You can reset patterns on the Volcas.

Anyway, trigger outs are just what I'd be looking for on mine but this looks pretty cool nanners .

Was referring to reset on transport start, so when I hit play on external sync source, the volca starts from step 1 (unless I've missed something? I've not found a way to do that yet...)
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next [all]
Page 1 of 5