MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

SOS vca
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Flight of Harmony  
Author SOS vca
e-tron
Is there any way to make the Vca close all the way?
I've tried with offsets but still getting signal.

Can the module be modded?
humancertainty
From the FoH description of the Sound of Shadows:

Quote:
The focus of the SoS was the delay while the VCA was thrown in because half of an LM13700 IC was unused, so the VCA is very basic.

From the Sound of Shadows manual:

Quote:
This controls the VCA output level – A.K.A.
: the volume knob.
Standard behavior with a minor quirk – this control will not fully attenuate the
output, but a negative CV applied to the VCA CV input will bring the level much
further down. It was either this or add another IC + associated components to the
PCB and jack the price further up.

Quote:
And remember: every instrument has its quirks and unexpected aspects,
so RTFM!

Quote:
RTFM = Read The F*cking Manual!
computer controlled
No it cannot be closed all the way.
e-tron
Thanks!
HeWhoWantsJeans
If I recall correctly, the first-version of the SoS has a VCA that cannot be closed all the way. I believe the information on the site is currently referring to the first version.

Version two, I believe, can be closed all the way. I mentioned this to Flight a while ago and I know he upgraded my SoS and I believe the VCA can close entirely, now.

Most of the units on the market are first-version (I believe the second version units are either about to enter production or perhaps have been for the last few months).

I'll reach out to Flight for more information but it is likely that you may have a first-version SoS.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Flight of Harmony  
Page 1 of 1