MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Last of the IDOW perks for IndieGoGo contributors
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> I Dream Of Wires Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Author Last of the IDOW perks for IndieGoGo contributors
s o l v e n t
Hi and happy new year!

If you're still waiting on a PERK from your IndieGoGo contribution to "I Dream Of Wires" - please check your Inbox, and there should be an email from us. If it's not there, check your spam box. If nothing, please get in touch via a PM here.

Specifically the remaining PERKs are the soundtrack (CD &/or Vinyl), and the DVD-R boxset.

We're *very* sorry that these last PERKs took so long!

thanks

Jason, IDOW

PS If you don't remember, maybe check this out and see if it jogs your memory -- if not, chances are you aren't owed anything else and that's why you haven't received an email:

http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/i-dream-of-wires--20
leesparey
Sorry, new member here, have to post before I can use the search facilities but thought this would be a good opportunity to say how much I enjoyed your film
s o l v e n t
leesparey wrote:
Sorry, new member here, have to post before I can use the search facilities but thought this would be a good opportunity to say how much I enjoyed your film

Thanks, great to hear!
s o l v e n t
Just a reminder... still waiting on many people to reply:

Hi - If you pre-ordered through IndieGoGo, and your PERK included a copy of the IDOW soundtrack (CD &/or vinyl), or one of the 50 DVDR-boxsets: We are getting ready to send out your goods! You should have received an email recently about it.... If you received it, but haven't replied yet, it would be greatly appreciated if you could PLEASE REPLY! If you are owed a soundtrack or DVDR boxset, and didn't receive an email, please PM me here... Thanks!
dan_k
Hi Jason, any updates on shipping of the boxsets?

thanks!
s o l v e n t
dan_k wrote:
Hi Jason, any updates on shipping of the boxsets?

thanks!

Very slight delay - the actual boxes we are using were backordered. Company told me I could expect them in 2 weeks when I ordered them 2+ months ago. BUT I finally got my notification from UPS that they've been shipped. I expect them here in a day or 2. These have been the only thing holding this up so it looks like I can probably get these assembled and shipped out on Fri.

I will update this post when it happens...

thanks for your patience!
dan_k
ok great, thanks for quick reply!
mckenic
hyper

Thanks Jason!!!

thumbs up
s o l v e n t
s o l v e n t
OK full disclosure... so far UPS delivered 10 of these boxes. The other 40 can't be far behind though, so I am nearly certain I can mail these out of Fri!
mckenic
woah

love

applause
s o l v e n t
An update: all DVDR boxsets have been shipped to IndieGoGo pre-order customers. I shelled out for Priority shipping on all of these packages, so they should be arriving with you all very soon.

In fact, now ALL IndieGoGo order have been fulfilled! Phew, nice to have that 1 off my back. Again, apologies that these took so long and your patience was greatly appreciated.
mckenic
applause

And your Herculean work and attention to detail are VERY much appreciated sir!
HeWhoWantsJeans
While I just received my DVD set (which is awesome, nine discs? Cthulhu-damn), I have one nigglin' question:

Is there any reason why some of the interviews from the film aren't in this set? Namely Off the top of my head, Trent Reznor / Allesandro Cortini as well as Allen Ravenstine / Robert Wheeler. I'm guessing that is because the full interviews have, I think, been posted online... but I was just wondering.

But damn, I am excited to see the full Eric Barbour interview. thumbs up
s o l v e n t
Hi,

Great that you received it. Enjoy!

The Reznor interview would've been an obvious choice to include in full, but we had provisions in our release form and wouldn't have been able to include that interview here without running it by management for approval etc, which I wouldn't have gone through for this project. It was a time-consuming process getting approvals for the film & Extended Interview (worth it of course, in those cases). I don't think inclusion in the boxset would've been approved.

Besides that, we just made our decisions on who to include based on who we figured most people would want to see and what would fit. This thing took forever to put together!

Jason

HeWhoWantsJeans wrote:
While I just received my DVD set (which is awesome, nine discs? Cthulhu-damn), I have one nigglin' question:

Is there any reason why some of the interviews from the film aren't in this set? Namely Off the top of my head, Trent Reznor / Allesandro Cortini as well as Allen Ravenstine / Robert Wheeler. I'm guessing that is because the full interviews have, I think, been posted online... but I was just wondering.

But damn, I am excited to see the full Eric Barbour interview. thumbs up
HeWhoWantsJeans
s o l v e n t wrote:
Hi,

The Reznor interview would've been an obvious choice to include in full, but we had provisions in our release form and wouldn't have been able to include that interview here without running it by management for approval etc, which I wouldn't have gone through for this project. It was a time-consuming process getting approvals for the film & Extended Interview (worth it of course, in those cases). I don't think inclusion in the boxset would've been approved.

Besides that, we just made our decisions on who to include based on who we figured most people would want to see and what would fit. This thing took forever to put together!

Jason

Jason,

Thanks for being so informative and transparent, I truly do appreciate it. However, I'll openly admit that given the information provided on the IndieAGogo page, a great deal of my interest in funding the documentary to the DVD-R Boxset level was with the assumption that all of the recorded artist interviews would have been included in the 'set. To double-down, a sizable motivation for my backing was the Trent Reznor interview would have been included in the box set and my girlfriend was pretty excited for the unedited interviews with Ravenstein and Wheeler.

It's still a massive collection of interviews and I am quite pleased with things as they were received, but it would have been preferential to have known, farther in advance, what materials may or may not have been included.
s o l v e n t
HeWhoWantsJeans wrote:
s o l v e n t wrote:
Hi,

Jason

Jason,

Thanks for being so informative and transparent, I truly do appreciate it. However, I'll openly admit that given the information provided on the IndieAGogo page, a great deal of my interest in funding the documentary to the DVD-R Boxset level was with the assumption that all of the recorded artist interviews would have been included in the 'set. To double-down, a sizable motivation for my backing was the Trent Reznor interview would have been included in the box set and my girlfriend was pretty excited for the unedited interviews with Ravenstein and Wheeler.

It's still a massive collection of interviews and I am quite pleased with things as they were received, but it would have been preferential to have known, farther in advance, what materials may or may not have been included.

I hear you, sorry that there were a couple missing from the set that you were hoping for. I feel that the only way that we could've satisfied everyone would've been to include the full interviews with all 100+ interviewees, which we just could've have done. For all I know, you may be the only boxset recipient who missed Ravenstine/Wheeler's inclusion, for example. Wouldn't have been able to post in advance what this set would include, as I had no idea exactly what it would include until about 2 months ago. Robert's son had been slowly working on editing these over the past year and it was approx 2 months ago that we found we had enough to fill 9 discs. Well, hope you enjoy the interviews included - it's going to take you many months, or years even, to work your way through it, I'd imagine!
Smokey
Was the box set a one time thing? If enough interest is generated, will you do another run, like with the hardcore edition?

If any of you Wigglers want to sell yours in the upcoming months, please PM me! thumbs up
mckenic
Just thought I'd post here in the hope the other person see this - Jason, I'll drop you an email after I check with a DVD player to make sure they are the same...

My boxset arrived here in Ireland safe and sound this morning - Many Thanks to Jason & Robert of course - only thing...

I have two Disk 1s and am missing Disk 3.
If someone else that has two Disk 3s reads this - perhaps we could trade hihi

thumbs up
s o l v e n t
mckenic wrote:
Just thought I'd post here in the hope the other person see this - Jason, I'll drop you an email after I check with a DVD player to make sure they are the same...

My boxset arrived here in Ireland safe and sound this morning - Many Thanks to Jason & Robert of course - only thing...

I have two Disk 1s and am missing Disk 3.
If someone else that has two Disk 3s reads this - perhaps we could trade hihi

thumbs up

Sorry about that. Though, not to worry... we can easily burn you another Disc3 and send.

We got 500 of those discs done... 50 boxsets x 9 discs = 450.... So we have 50 blank discs leftover, not a problem to burn and send you a new Disc3.
s o l v e n t
Smokey wrote:
Was the box set a one time thing? If enough interest is generated, will you do another run, like with the hardcore edition?

If any of you Wigglers want to sell yours in the upcoming months, please PM me! thumbs up

We won't be making any more. We got just enough of the cases + postcard inserts to produce 50 boxsets exactly. Very time consuming to produce these too...

That being said, my math was off and even though I thought we sold all 50, we actually sold only 35 (1 private purchase in addition to the below)... I'm keeping a few back up copies in case any of the IGG recipients packages get lost, but I do have a few to spare if anyone wants to buy.

Anyone interested in buying 1 please email me jason [at] idreamofwires [dot] org. Please keep in mind that IGG cost was $200, so to be fair to those who pre-ordered I'll be charging $225 + shipping for these now.

Here's what on it, BTW... these are not like the Extended Interview pieces... they are the interviews in full, with edits only to cut out dead space / set ups / equipment malfunction moments etc... Most of these interviews were an hour or more.

Disc 1: cEvin Key, Chris Carter
Disc 2: Muffwiggler Mike, Tony Rolando
Disc 3: Daniel Miller, Vince Clarke
Disc 4: Carl Craig, Jack Dangers
Disc 5: Morton Subotnick, Gary Numan
Disc 6: Andreas Schneider
Disc 7: Richard Lainhart, Eric Barbour
Disc 8: Dieter Doepfer, Keith Fullerton Whitman
Disc 9: James Holden & Luke Abbott, Node

-------------
Round 1 (http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/i-dream-of-wires--14)
DVDR box: 10 / Full Package + DVDR: 5 / Executive Producer+: 2
TOTAL = 17
-------------
Round 2 (http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/i-dream-of-wires--19)
DVDR box: 1 / Full Package + DVDR: 3 / Executive Producer+: 3
TOTAL = 7
-------------
Round 3 (http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/i-dream-of-wires--21)
DVDR box: 1 / Full Package + DVDR: 2 / Executive Producer+: 0
TOTAL = 3
-------------
Round 4 (http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/i-dream-of-wires--20)
DVDR box: N/A / Full Package + DVDR: 5 / Executive Producer+: 2
TOTAL = 7
-------------
mckenic
Thank you VERY much Jason!

I had hoped someone might have gotten 2 #3s and would do a trade but let me verify that they are indeed both #1s.

Thank you very much!
Hug
dan_k
Hi Jason, were these shipped out of the US like the original DVD or via Canada post?

Just wondering as mine hasn't landed in Vancouver yet which seems strange since you sent them priority.

I'd also added the "C is for comfort" cassette.

thanks!
metasonix
Thank you for sending those extras, Jason. I was not expecting to get nine DVDs of interviews, plus the soundtrack on three different formats (CD, cassette, vinyl). You're a maniac.

Someday, hopefully, the interviews will be "priceless documents". Although I would not dare to predict anything about future collectibles since so often it proves to be wrong. People become obsessed with collecting the most stupid and trivial things imaginable -- beer cans, toy cars, band flyers, 45RPM singles. Not to mention 300Bs.
s o l v e n t
dan_k wrote:
Hi Jason, were these shipped out of the US like the original DVD or via Canada post?

Just wondering as mine hasn't landed in Vancouver yet which seems strange since you sent them priority.

I'd also added the "C is for comfort" cassette.

thanks!

Very weird Dan. Yours was definitely sent on the same day as all the rest, via Canada Post... I just looked up the tracking # and it's been sitting in Richmond BC since the 23rd. I will PM you the tracking #. Maybe check your local PO?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> I Dream Of Wires Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Page 1 of 2