MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Is There Anything Like An ARP 2500 Filter In SDIY Land?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY  
Author Is There Anything Like An ARP 2500 Filter In SDIY Land?
Reality Checkpoint
Please forgive an sdiy noob if this has been discussed before, but I did try a search to no avail.

So, I am looking for something that can re-create the sound of the 1047 multimode filter and resonator. Ideally in +- 12v for eurorack.

Does anyone have any pointers?
steffensen
I have plans for it after my very-soon-to-come ARP thing. Someone might beat me to it tho. smile
Reality Checkpoint
steffensen wrote:
I have plans for it after my very-soon-to-come ARP thing. Someone might beat me to it tho. smile

Excellent! Exxxcellent
morphic
Simon
I know amsynth make the low pass filter for 2600 maybe they could point you in the right direction for diy parts

Luke
e-grad
Quote:
The AM 2500 Rack I am replicating some of the ARP 2500 modules as a long term project over many years (it has been 5 years already), partly due to the expense but also the time taken to design and source the components. The idea of building an ARP 2500 Modular clone became possible in the spring of 2004 when MusicParts in the USA published the original schematics, complete with the original construction and part listings.

http://www.amsynths.co.uk/ARP_2500_/arp_2500_.html
Reality Checkpoint
Cool!

Thanks Luke, and thanks e-grad. thumbs up

I saw the amsynths link when I was doing some basic research. I would love a 1047, and then I could pretend to make lovely music like Eliane Radigue! (As if.)

I am only at the start of my sdiy career (all bloomin' Ross Microscopial's fault hihi) and would really have to follow builds done by various sdiy gurus here on the forum.
morphic
Thats mr lamond for you . Have you seen all the fcuk diy ross has done and the klee
He's been on at me to try my hand at it which i will somewhen

Ps did you ever get that akai working ?
morphic
you need to speak to the guy on this page

https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=101199&postdays=0&po storder=asc&start=20
J3RK
I'm working on small SMT "chicklet" type PCBs right now that have ARP/Serge/Haible style discrete(ish) gain cells. These will be usable in many of this sort of application. (I was thinking of building something 1047ish using them.)

I think you'll find that Scott Stites' discrete OTA SVF design (that Negative Space is making boards/modules from) will sound similar.

I don't know if I will make my filter widely available since there are so many out there, but I do plan to make these OTA/VCA/Thingies available that people could design around. w00t
The Real MC
The SEM filter is a close relative of the 1047 module. Probably the only thing better about the 1047 filter is the keyboard tracking is wider than the SEM.
Piedwagtail
http://minimalist.davidleith.com/DezModSynth5.html

Illustrator file on page
There's a lot of matching to be done but apart from obtaining dual jfets....you should have made it by easter.

Robert
drip.feed
Does the 1047 sound the same as the filter in the ARP 2500? love
e-grad
drip.feed wrote:
Does the 1047 sound the same as the filter in the ARP 2500?

The 1047 is the ARP 2500's filter.
drip.feed
e-grad wrote:
drip.feed wrote:
Does the 1047 sound the same as the filter in the ARP 2500?

The 1047 is the ARP 2500's filter.

Of course it is. d'oh! I meant 2600, not 2500 very frustrating
mOBiTh
the AMSynth stuff is excellent quality!
Reality Checkpoint
Piedwagtail wrote:
http://minimalist.davidleith.com/DezModSynth5.html

Illustrator file on page
There's a lot of matching to be done but apart from obtaining dual jfets....you should have made it by easter.

Robert

This is wonderful Robert, thank you very much. It makes me think that this is actually do-able.

Now all I need to do is to find someone who could make a PCB up and design a panel!
drip.feed
Reality Checkpoint wrote:
This is wonderful Robert, thank you very much. It makes me think that this is actually do-able.

Now all I need to do is to find someone who could make a PCB up and design a panel!

And when you do, please, please, please let us know too. thumbs up
The Real MC
drip.feed wrote:
Does the 1047 sound the same as the filter in the ARP 2600? love

The 1047 is a 12dB/oct multimode filter. The 2600 has no such animal.

The 12dB/oct 4023 in early Odysseys isn't a multimode, it's a biquad architecture and lowpass only.

So no other ARP product had a multimode filter like the 1047.
syn
Hi

Anyone built a working unit from the above layout? Any info on R46-47-48?

Thanks
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY  
Page 1 of 1