MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

lfo in audio rate
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Author lfo in audio rate
cocco88
hi everyone. can you tell me an lfo that works in audio rate so it can be used as a dronemachine/vco?

does the vulcan or ulfo do this?

thanks
skaio
do you kow what a VCO is? hyper
then you know what a lfo in audio rate it is... This is fun!
cocco88
my question is if i can use vulcan or ulfo as a VCO in audio range. for example I patch vulcan square out into mixer what can i ear?
authorless
uLFO, yes. vulcan, only lower audio frequencies. dalek, yes. doepfer A-143-3, yes.
theglyph
The doepfer A-146 can operate at audio rate. It was my first oscillator.
Reptil
a-140 a-141 a-160+a-161+a-138. lots of modules can oscillate in the hearing range.
D/A A/D
I used to only use LFO's as my oscillators. I still have many...
DrOctave
Yes the uLFO does this very well. as for the vulcan i have no idea i do not have one.
unintentional states
Here's a BigCityMusic demo on 'alternative oscillators'. Only example of an LFO is the Plan B Elf, but you get the idea.

chinard
the vulcan does but not very far into audio rates.
the dalek picks up where the vulcan leaves off in regards to cross modulated audio rate signals. (dalek also goes low frequency, but not as slow cycling as the vulcan)
Neither are intended to pitch track properly tho. I think there have been some experements trying to calibrate it in volta. Sounds like a nightmare.

The doepfer quadrature LFO a-143-9 also goes well into audio rates but is not intended to track pitch. (this is what the planned zero-thru osc is going to do apparently)

Another worthy mention would be the plan b M-37 ELF LFO.
Its basically a stripped down version of the M-15 triangle core osc that is fully usable as a 1v/oct oscillator if you needed an extra one in a pinch.

Also i'm pretty sure the cwejman D-LFO goes into audio rates and is pitch trackable 1v/oct, and the cwejman VCO-6 has a switch for LFO rates.
dkcg
chinard wrote:
Also i'm pretty sure the cwejman D-LFO goes into audio rates and is pitch trackable 1v/oct, and the cwejman VCO-6 has a switch for LFO rates.

Yup, it takes sync for both oscillators too with a RM/AM out and adjustable sync point. Sounds great, tracks well.

I think the fine tune is usually the biggest difference between LFOs and VCOs, with the range being the second difference which is often not a big difference.
goiks
i really like the uLFO's sound when used as an fm'ed vco
wetterberg
goiks wrote:
i really like the uLFO's sound when used as an fm'ed vco
same here we're not worthy I already can't wait to pick up my second one!!!
cocco88
and 143-1 or 143-2 ?
wetterberg
cocco88 wrote:
and 143-1 or 143-2 ?
Can't be voltage controlled. But theoretically yes, the a-143-2 will go up to about G#4, and the a-143-1 will do about D1 (quite low).
The a-147 lfo will do D0 with no CV input, and F2 with 5v of positive CV in.

the uLFO, on the other hand, will do A6, or roughly 3600hertz with no CV applied.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Page 1 of 1