any opinions on this set up ?

Cwejman, Livewire, TipTop Audio, Doepfer etc... Get your euro on!

Moderators: luketeaford, Joe., lisa, Kent

Steevio
Ultra Wiggler

any opinions on this set up ?

Post by Steevio » Fri Nov 27, 2009 1:11 pm

this is the set up i'm aiming towards for my first foray into modular,
i'm starting with 6 U and hope to expand to 9 U next year.

i've already bought almost the first two rows, but i'm still flexible on the last few modules for the 6U. ( i havent bought the quantizer and sequential switch yet )

i decided on a combination of old school and esoteric, rather than going for a rack full of weird modules to start with, for various reasons;

1 / i'd like to ease into it with modules i understand from my experience with analogue synths, but sprinkled with interesting modules like the QMMG and Maths.
2/ i make quite soulful techno which is experimental from a mathematical point of view, ( polyrhythms etc.) rather than full blown experimental stuff, but i want to get more experimental i as go along.

i already have a sherman filterbank 2, 2 x SH101s, Moog Voyager, Prophet 08, TB303, TR 909, Kenton Pro2, to intergrate with the modular (i'm making a patchbay for this) and i'm using cubase as a midi sequencer.

the modules in the planner are not in any particular order, except that the 3rd row is what i aim to buy next year.Image

anyone got any opinions ?
thanks in advance

wetterberg
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by wetterberg » Fri Nov 27, 2009 1:51 pm

I like this layout.

Steevio
Ultra Wiggler

Post by Steevio » Sat Nov 28, 2009 8:10 am

wetterberg wrote:I like this layout.
thanks for responding, i needed to know that i'm not completely loosing the plot.
i guess the lack of hertz donut will not impress some folk, but it was a choice between that and the AFG for the same sort of money, and i think the AFG is more my thing to be honest.
i suppose i need to be shaken out of my old school ways. give me time.

now its time to start putting it all together :hyper:

Babaluma

Post by Babaluma » Sat Nov 28, 2009 9:57 am

mixing seems to be be pretty sorted, but i think you will definitely need more multiples and passive attenuators!

Steevio
Ultra Wiggler

Post by Steevio » Sat Nov 28, 2009 10:12 am

Babaluma wrote:mixing seems to be be pretty sorted, but i think you will definitely need more multiples and passive attenuators!
yeah i was thinking that, ouch what am i going to lose ? :bang:

how many do you think i'll need for the 6U ?

Babaluma

Post by Babaluma » Sat Nov 28, 2009 10:22 am

well i reckon that 9u could do with at least 4 multiples, 1 more mixer, and some passive attenuators for those module function inputs or outputs which don't already have them.

i have 16u of frac rack and that includes 5 mixers, 8 multiples, 12 or more modules capable of acting as VCAs and 12 passive attenuators. and i still run out of mixers from time to time!

Return to “Eurorack Modules”