Waving the white flag of surrender

Cwejman, Livewire, TipTop Audio, Doepfer etc... Get your euro on!

Moderators: luketeaford, Joe., lisa, Kent

plord
Wacky for Wiard Wiggler

Waving the white flag of surrender

Post by plord » Fri Nov 27, 2009 3:02 pm

I just purchased two Anti-oscillators. Grant and Josh have pulled me into Euroland after years of stubborn denial :sb:

I was going to get the little Doepfer PS just to run these puppies and mount them in my wooden 3U row, but come on now, that's absurd with the Anti-Envelope and who knows what else coming. So as much as it pains me, I'm going to drop for whole rack and PS. I'm thinking two Anti-Osc, two Anti-Env...that leaves 20 HP, which could be two Envelators, or and Envelator and an Spring Chicken, or...two EuroWiard Mixolators? :)

The only available Euro final mixer/VCA that seems on par with the Mixolator's features is the Cwejman VCA-2P. Right? And that puppy is $500.

So. Rock on Grant and Josh.

:wiard: :wiard: :wiard: :wiard: :wiard: :wiard: :wiard: :wiard: :wiard: :wiard:
Last edited by plord on Fri Nov 27, 2009 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

donaldm
Common Wiggler

Re: Waving the white flag of surrender

Post by donaldm » Fri Nov 27, 2009 3:21 pm

plord wrote:EuroWiard Mixolators?
I'll take two, k thanx

:wiard: :wiard:

science
Spending Spree!

Post by science » Fri Nov 27, 2009 3:34 pm

I'd take 2+ as well. The Cwejman stuff sounds good, but I still think the prices are unnecessarily high for most of it. I wish more euro manufacturers would come out with "nice" mixers, so I can get the doepfer out of my audio path.

You've made a good choice, plord ;). I'm kind of doing the same thing you are, but in reverse. I'm trimming my euro stuff down to mostly Wiard/Malekko modules and some others I can't live without, with plans to build a 6u (Wiard 300) over 9u (Euro) custom rack to house it all.

donaldm
Common Wiggler

Post by donaldm » Fri Nov 27, 2009 3:40 pm

science wrote:I wish more euro manufacturers would come out with "nice" mixers, so I can get the doepfer out of my audio path.
For real... I ordered an Oakley Classic VCA today (ring mod too) to replace my uber-shitty 131, I hope to god its a significant sonic upgrade. I've been avoiding buying a Cwejman mixer for output in hopes of seeing the mixolater come to euroland.

I'll probably dump my M10 for a Euro envelator, too. Seeing 300 series modules transmogrified to Euro makes me giddy like a school girl. :yay:

Thanks be to Grant and Josh

blungo2
wiggly wiggler

Post by blungo2 » Fri Nov 27, 2009 4:21 pm

So are euro mixolators in the works?

Cybananna
Funniest Guy

Post by Cybananna » Fri Nov 27, 2009 4:25 pm

Welcome, the water's fine!

The anti-oscillators are great! You'll love it!

It sounds like Josh and Grant have big plans for euro Wiard. Which is great for me. :hyper:

(it also appears it is a great source of income for them because it seems they sell a few. :mrgreen:

plord
Wacky for Wiard Wiggler

Post by plord » Fri Nov 27, 2009 5:02 pm

Euro Wiard Mixolators are NOT officially in the works. I am just pleading, and complaining about the lack of reasonable alternatives, publicly :)

Grant, I'm almost positive, would strongly prefer to work on new modules. I understand and support that! So the Mixolator may never happen, but hey, a guy can dream.

Right now, I'm dreaming of an affordable 3U Euro subrack with power :omg: :bang:

blungo2
wiggly wiggler

Post by blungo2 » Fri Nov 27, 2009 7:41 pm

Ok, thanks.
I won't get my hopes up then. :despair:

Adam-V
Count Modula

Post by Adam-V » Fri Nov 27, 2009 8:08 pm

Welcome to the dark side - It's not so bad!

One thing Euro has going for it is the sheer number of more "esoteric" modules that simply aren't available in other formats (PLL etc). That's what enticed me to the format although I have recently branched out into fracland.

Cheers,
Adam-V

richard
bananaphile

Post by richard » Sat Nov 28, 2009 7:44 am

I would just like to amplify the call for a EuroWiard Mixolator.

Richard

Return to “Eurorack Modules”