MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

[Available] Voltage Controled Timer PCBs
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Author [Available] Voltage Controled Timer PCBs
CLee
EDIT 10/5/16

See page 2 of this thread for some component changes that will extend the timing range. Longest setting for TRIGGER duration (without CV) will be 1min 40sec. Giving a range without adding CV of .35ms to 100 seconds in 3 ranges.

-----------------------------------------------------------

EDIT: It was pointed out to me that the post here and my web site don't have the same price for these. The boards are $15 each. If you've already paid, no worries though.

Boards are available

Boards are in.

Preliminary info can be downloaded here... my VC TIMER page

the info may change, I haven't double checked the BOM and the hookup diagram is out of date because it was for the prototype. I just want to get it up there so you can see what's involved.

PCBs are $15usd each. Shipping is $2 in the US/order and $8 international/ order. I need to raise international shipping, I have been charging less that it costs me now.

If you're interested you can contact me by PM or paypal to crash49 [AT] sbcglobal [DOT] net

If you paypal make sure your user name and address are included in the text of the email.

Thanks

-------------------------------------------------------------------

After a long break, I've finished my build of the VC TIMER module.

Info about the module can be found HERE

If there is enough interest in building these I can do a PCB run. Boards would be about $15USD depending on interest.

(I know I asked in early 2013 about a run, but it was a long time ago so I'm starting a new thread and asking again. Work on this was kind of derailed by some design challenges with other modules I'm working on.)

The module is basically a gate to trigger converter which I designed to send variable length triggers to LPGs. It also works as a GATE DELAY, a VCO, or an SR FLIP FLOP. TRIGGER length or GATE DELAY is voltage controlable. It's a bit of an odd-ball module, but I find it interesting...

Here is a quick video demo (made before adding FINE TUNE and 1V/OCT)

windspirit
That looks awesome! Can we see/hear a demo?
CLee
windspirit wrote:
That looks awesome! Can we see/hear a demo?

There's a quick one on my web site at the link above.
sduck
Whats the range of the trigger length? Seconds? Minutes?
CLee
Still testing with various transistors for the matched pair but the trigger length is variable from about 0.5ms to 30 seconds in 3 ranges
Dego
One for me pls
keninverse
This is pretty cool and versatile. I'll take at least one, possibly two.
recompas
Super cool, I'd be interested in at least one pcb, probably 2! Your panel looks really nice as well.
the bad producer
Great stuff, been waiting for this!

I'll be in for two please
CLee
So I had a chance yesterday to measure the timings on my 2 builds. One uses an LM394 and the other a random grab of 2 BC547s.

These are the ranges for Trigger length (which would also be the Delay length)

NARROW - 0.1ms to 0.8 seconds
MEDIUM - 6ms to 1.6 seconds
WIDE - 10ms to 30 seconds
monstrinho
Imagining lots of possibilities for this! I'd be interested in two boards.
Paradigm X
sounds great, 2 for me please!

Thanks
CLee
Between emails and posts there seems to be enough interest to order a batch of PCBs. Should have them in a little over a week.
monstrinho
CLee wrote:
Between emails and posts there seems to be enough interest to order a batch of PCBs. Should have them in a little over a week.

screaming goo yo screaming goo yo screaming goo yo

applause applause applause

excellent news!!
lintfresh
Very useful. I'm in for 1!
CLee
I've updated the OP to include this info but... boards are available for those interested,

Boards are available

Boards are in.

Preliminary info can be downloaded here... my VC TIMER page

the info may change, I haven't double checked the BOM and the hookup diagram is out of date because it was for the prototype. I just want to get it up there so you can see what's involved.

PCBs are $15usd each. Shipping is $2 in the US/order and $8 international/ order. I need to raise international shipping, I have been charging less that it costs me now.

If you're interested you can contact me by PM or paypal to crash49 [AT] sbcglobal [DOT] net

If you paypal make sure your user name and address are included in the text of the email.

Craig
CJ Miller
I don't have any money to buy these now, but since I have been busy with panel graphics, I did some for this circuit. I had been meaning to do this for months so I could wire up the prototype. These are mid and late era Serge style, I'll probably do a 3" wide early version also now that I've gotten a few obstacles out of the way.

CLee
Nice CJ, I like them.

A few points...

There are drivers for only 2 LEDs on the board. If you want 4 you'll have to build a small driver PCB, maybe use Kens. My reason for the switch was that depending on what you're using the module for, Trigger/Delay or LFO, either one set or the other of outputs would be what you want to monitor. Also, I'm personally not a blinkin' lights fan, I use a center off switch for my LEDs so I can turn them off when I don't need them.

The RANGE switch is now 3 position (center off). Up is narrow, down is medium range and center off is wide.

The pot connected to the VC RATE input is an Attenuverter. You need that function so you can decide if increasing CV would make for longer pulses and longer delays, which would be lower frequencies as a VCO. Or increasing CV makes higher frequencies, which would be shorter pulses and shorter delays.

Then as one last nit-pick, it looks like the FINE pot is controlling the 1v/oct input on the 80's layout. There is a line connecting them.
Paradigm X
Aggh, nearly forgot about this, just paid for two pcbs please!

Cheers
Ben
CLee
thumbs up
Paradigm X
Phew!

thanks man!

applause thumbs up
lintfresh
Hey Craig, will these boards work on 15v without changes?
CLee
They should work with no changes, though I never tested them at 15v.

You could change resistors R17 and R27 from 22K to 16K. That will keep the voltage dividers at the same level.

Craig
lintfresh
Thank you!
batchas
Paid for 1 x board the 10th of Oct.
Thanx thumbs up

And already received it SlayerBadger!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Page 1 of 2