MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

RYO VC Sequencer
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next [all]
Author RYO VC Sequencer
MindSnared
Hello!

Prototypes have now sold out, we'd like to thank you buyers for your support and hope you will enjoy your modules!

We'd like to show you our latest upcoming module, the VC Sequencer, it will officially be available as assembled, kit and a pcb only option. However, due to continuing mishaps regarding front panel quality (scratches, bad silkscreening), we are set back economically to a point where we can't finance the production of this module seriously, i just don't get it . Therefore we'd like to present the opportunity for you to purchase late stage prototypes of this module for a heavily discounted price!

These prototypes have pretty much identical functionality to what the final product will have, the only difference is that the expander headers on these units will not function with the official expanders planned for the final VC Sequencer (so far a simple 8-output trigger/gate expansion has been prototyped and an expansion to pair two VCSeqs together for 16-step operation is also planned), however, with relative knowledge in electronics you can DIY your own expansions. Also the panels supplied has minor deficiencies (mainly a batch number on the front that's been painted over with black permanent marker, this can be seen in the photos below).

The VC Sequencer is an 8-step sequential voltage source with forward/backward operation (clocked), and a VC mode to allow control voltages to determine its running pattern.

This module is made up of a CMOS and op-amp circuit design, no PIC/AVR/software used - This equals a low-latency, highly stable sequencer that will stay in sync even with clockrates up to 25kHz (above audio range)!
Apart from the classic fwd/reverse clocked operation its main appeal is the voltage controlled step addressing, this means you can step through 1 to 8 in any fashion you like using a CV signal corresponding to 0 to +5V, 0V being step 1, 5V step 8, averaging ca 0.6V per step. A saw or ramp will produce a forward/backward pattern, triangle or sine gives pendulum patterns and random volt will yield a random pattern. Add S&H to the control voltage to sync steps with a clock.

The CV/Clock and Reset inputs has a ca 300mV schmitt window centered around ca 1V, for the CV mode it's ca 10mV for each step. The sequencer output is bipolar, and can be set to anything from -5 to +5V with a pot on each step.

The reset input sets the sequencer to step 1 regardless of operating mode selected, the sequencer stays on step 1 as long as the voltage going into reset is high. The module is compact at 10hp width, depth on final version will be 42mm measured with power cable attached (DIY version), assembled may be marginally shallower, these assembled prototypes measure in at 37mm depth. Current draw is +45mA / -30mA on the prototype version.

Price for these prototype units are set at 960 SEK (ca 149$/109€) excl. VAT/outside EU, or 1200 SEK (ca 185$/136€) incl. VAT/inside EU. The final production version will be at least 50% pricier in assembled form. Like the other assembled RYO modules we offer this also comes with a 1-year warranty.

Link to webshop page:
http://shop.ljunggrenaudio.com/en/items/vc-sequencer-prototype.ryo

Use this link to see high-resolution pictures of one of the prototype modules currently up for sale:

http://imgur.com/a/7b6kw

Thank you for your time and consideration It's motherfucking bacon yo
no-fi
Sell/trade forum?
MindSnared
I reckon since several other manufacturers announce their new modules and/or availability of these here it was the best place for it. Also, this is not a straight-up sell thread, it introduces this module as well as development status, technical details and photos, and with a mere 43 posts I'm not allowed to use the buy/sell part of the forum as of yet, if you're wondering why this is its mainly due to me frequenting the Muffs chatroom more than on the forum smile
stabilt
We have made a video with a simple patch with subtractive setups using Optodists as VCA/dist and VC Sequencers with trig expander for control.

Other modules involved.
Oscillators: Livewire AFG, Dalek Modulator
Modulators: Makenoise Maths envelopes, Livewire Vulcan modulator
Filters: Livewire Frequensteiner, Doepfer Wasp
Clock: Doepfer VCLFO
And mixers, both Doepfer and RYO.

ben_hex
Great offer
Autophase
I was interested in this but I need the trigger expansion as well so compatibility is an issue, And now I know that 2 sequencers can be chained for 1 steps I’m just going to wait it out for a full set with for 16 steps and trigger expansion.

Do you know roughly how long it will be until the finished kits are available with the expansions?

This is still a great offer to the right people though.

I cant recommend the RYO kits enough, great design and features, great sound, fantastic kits with straight forward instructions, I would say this is the best route for anyone to get into DIY, Great work all round, I love my optodist, I’ll post some video of it in action this week
stabilt
As it looks now the final VC Sequencer is hopefully released in february and the expanders will be released in march or april if everything pan out, trigger expander before the chaining expander. We are trying to queezing in the Woflter as soon as possible also. If sales pick up again to the levels of november and december and we don't get any more problems with front panel manufacturing, this time schedule should be realistic.

Thank you for your kind words.
stabilt
Krisp1 told me sales probably wont be back up until late february so maybe the release plan is a little optimistic.
MindSnared
All the prototypes have been sold out, we are now moving towards a release in February, a big thanks to all of you buyers and supporters of RYO!

love
steffensen
The Chewbacca Defense

I'll probably end up getting a whole row of these bad boys!
Autophase
Mine arrived today, I'm looking forward to finishing work and getting this powered up

EDIT: I've been having some serious fun with this today, my Analogue Systems midi to CV has a midi clock syncable LFO, I've been using that to run the sequencer and its in perfect time with beats from ableton Rockin' Banana! I'm also using the RYO optodist as the VCA in the sequence, it sounds lovely.
ill post some video's later

I really can't wait to see what modules you guys come up with in the future.
MindSnared
Autophase wrote:
Mine arrived today, I'm looking forward to finishing work and getting this powered up

EDIT: I've been having some serious fun with this today, my Analogue Systems midi to CV has a midi clock syncable LFO, I've been using that to run the sequencer and its in perfect time with beats from ableton Rockin' Banana! I'm also using the RYO optodist as the VCA in the sequence, it sounds lovely.
ill post some video's later

I really can't wait to see what modules you guys come up with in the future.

Happy to hear it arrived safe and sound and even more so hear that you enjoy it and it works well for your purposes! We'd love to hear and see what you can come up with with it w00t

Also, big thanks again for your purchase and support for RYO!
stabilt
Panels and PCB's are now ordered for a pilot production run of 50 VC Sequencers.

There is one change to one of the three PCB's (one more PCB than the first prototype) between release candidate prototype and pilot production batch but to save time we skipped the last prototype run on that last PCB. If it needs to be redone we loose ca 50 USD compared to with doing a new prototype first, and if it works we save a week of time.

ETA: ca 1 week.

Preorders until the parcels arrive will be prioritized and sent out first.
Then vendors will be prioritized and after vendors our own webshop gets stocked on VC Sequencers.
ben_hex
Looking forward to these.
stabilt
OK, it became one more week late but now it's time!

Preorders are being prepared for shipment, then vendors will be taken care of. After that they will show up in stock in our own webshop.
ben_hex
stabilt wrote:
OK, it became one more week late but now it's time!

Preorders are being prepared for shipment, then vendors will be taken care of. After that they will show up in stock in our own webshop.

Great news thumbs up
matttech
no-fi wrote:
Sell/trade forum?

bit harsh isn't it?

i, for one, am pretty interested in this module, and think this thread certainly belongs here thumbs up

the Optodist was a really easy build, with excellent detailed build instructions that even I managed to follow - after having been up all night i might add - without cocking anything up! Sounds great too!
phono1337
w00t
GGW
Can anyone video demo yet? I'm interested in seeing the cv mode at work.
Sounds like it might be a good drone oscillator as well.
ben_hex
GGW wrote:

I'll have a full overview but it will be a few weeks before its all ready.
Tripadvizer
GGW wrote:

VC Sequencer in VC mode as an Oscillator:
ben_hex
Tripadvizer cheers for the video! Mines not in the case yet, will be soon though. Audio rate is one of the first things I think I'm going to do smile
JakeE
@MindSnared
When are you expecting kits to be available again on your shop?
MindSnared
JakeE wrote:
@MindSnared
When are you expecting kits to be available again on your shop?

Hello,

We won't offer anything new in our webshop, we are too busy with sorting vendors out with orders.

However, Escape From Noise and Synthcube still has kits in stock, and Thonk will have very soon as well smile
JakeE
Okay thanks, Im in the uk so will just have to wait for thonk to get kits.

cheers
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next [all]
Page 1 of 3