MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

model 11 evil twin?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Author model 11 evil twin?
Mr White
...I could have a good deal on this filter, but I'm really dubious about its sound...
it seems somewhat underrated but maybe it can be a "different" filter in my setup.

I have:

a STG lpf (sharp and creamy gooddes)
a model 12 (coolest PB in euro I think!)
a qmmg (no needs to say more)
a MMF1 (sweet all arounder)
and an A122. (steep as a wall but can be good!)

anyone that can came up with a good description or even a demo that can pull me a little more to drop my money on it?

thanks!
REwire
My M11 Demos are on the Ear site:

http://www.ear-group.net/model_11.html

I've had PG's breadboard prototype since it's inception. It's not a filter I use regularly but when it's used, it's the nastiest sounding BP filter I've ever heard. The way those vactrols rattle when you turn up the resonance and narrow the width is a sound unto itself, and quite evil.

Dan
A Dingleberry Monstrosity
I like mine!!!
chinard
i have a love/hate relationship with my evil twin.

it is a very nasty filter. great when you want noise that screams and FM's really well.
I would actually consider it more of a FSU module than a filter.
Its actually a very sloppy filter, but sometimes thats just what you need.

Also when the resonance is used the gain goes way way WAY up.
It helps if you have something that can act as a limiter. (actually for me the qmmg did a nice job of capping the gain)

One of the things it does a rather interesting job at is if you pass a noise source to it on a narrow bandpass setting and use it for percussive rhythms.
It kinda slews in an interesting way so it makes for some rather 'watery' sounding percussion.
sandyb
it's certainly a character filter. it's the only dedicated filter i have in my euro setup. i'm not much of a filter person but i like the model 11 for it's quirkiness.

sandy
Mr White
many thanks for your thoughts, I was thinking something similar about it,
I think I'll give it a try...
I like vactrol filters, cranking up M12 volume makes them scream but on the M11 they can even cry!

I like rewire's demo so much, there are moments of total mayhem, but I'm so curious to use it more my way to see if it can excel M12 in BP mode, the 6db out could be very cool...
Sound
Shame on you.
Sound
DO NOT SUPPORT PLAN B WITH PURCHASES CUSTOMERS RIPPED OFF
Yohda
I have the Model 12 and 11, they are very differents.

Yes, the Model 11 can cry, it sound very good for me.
Can be soft with some care.

Lots of low end.

Quote:
Shame on you.

NV
Sound wrote:

He said he could get a good deal on it. It stands to reason that he is purchasing it used, which would be supporting another modular user and not Plan B.

Aside from that, people should be able to discuss the nature of a module without being demeaned for it, regardless of who built it. Talking about the character of a module and buying it brand new don't always go hand in hand.
Mr White
Sound wrote:

what shame!? NV catched perfectly the situation, but I fucking waited too much coz the fucking flu so i missed the deal,
oh shiet... d'oh!

NV wrote:

He said he could get a good deal on it. It stands to reason that he is purchasing it used, which would be supporting another modular user and not Plan B.

Aside from that, people should be able to discuss the nature of a module without being demeaned for it, regardless of who built it. Talking about the character of a module and buying it brand new don't always go hand in hand.

holy words,
searching for another M11 around there... anyone!? cry
A Dingleberry Monstrosity
Sound wrote:

this is why I will only buy used. Even if he some how came around and sprinkled magic fairy dust all over himself and planB, I will only buy used.
chinard
you know this plan b trolling is starting to really piss me off.

any time anybody starts trying to have a real conversation involving plan b modules someone has to start in with this shit and ruin the thread.
REwire
And I took so much heat from Muff and others for attacking Sound.

-----Ignore-----
dkcg
chinard wrote:
you know this plan b trolling is starting to really piss me off.

any time anybody starts trying to have a real conversation involving plan b modules someone has to start in with this shit and ruin the thread.

I agree!

You know...just in case someone can't read the bold faced print already on top of the forums and may actually want to think for themselves, gotta have thought police passing out the judgement to everyone.

The forums are poisoned with self righteousness and passing judgement, and I'm ready to leave and never come back if the trend is to force people to do the "right thing". What was once fun, is slowly turning stressful and no fun.

Let's see what drool has to say about this... Wait for it....wait for it....
dkcg
REwire wrote:
And I took so much heat from Muff and others for attacking Sound.

-----Ignore-----

Well you know PlanB fanboys... lol
REwire
dkcg wrote:
Let's see what drool has to say about this... Wait for it....wait for it....

He mostly comes out at night.....mostly.
Sound
Yes this morning not was appropriate my post. Sorry for that Mr White.

I will try so, be on topic on this thread:

PlanB is not only bad built modules, it is also poor electronic design so I dont recommend go for the M11.

They are not able to design a simple mixer:
https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7722&highlight=model

And according the manufacturer's answers in that thread I do not believe that there is any good circuit from Plan_B.

Regards.
Yohda
Quote:
PlanB is not only bad built modules, it is also poor electronic design so I dont recommend go for the M11.

I'm pretty sure that you don't even have any experience with this module.

Quote:
And according the manufacturer's answers in that thread I do not believe that there is any good circuit from Plan_B.

Lot's of people are very happy with their Plan B Modules and I have 15 differents manufacturers in my system, so I can compare.
Mr White
guys,
I had my very frustrating with Plan B too, that was the reason why I discovered this forum!
Peter owed me more than 400€ that I was able to get back only through my credit card, after months.
I can say that build quality it's low compared to other manufacturers (I have modules from almost all euro builders) I admit than I dont had any problems with them, and I own many PlanB modules, I dont want to blame a project or a design because the person behind is a lier or a thief, we are musicians.....
...and I dont have any problem buying or selling PlanB stuff, but I'll only buy used just because I dont want to allow Petr to use my money to keep its shame going on, I prefer, as NV said, to support a modular user who is selling its PlanB modules, to keep his bug going on! smile

but fuck, there is a thread long as my balls for all this...! so back on topic

@Sound

no worries at all man! smile

so, I fuckin' missed my M11 and all this I heard pumped my curiosity even more to get one...
richard
whatever PGs business or personal problems and however strangely designed and badly built many/all of the modules appear to be I am struggling to think of one of them (I own nearly all) that doesn't sound quite excellent.... so to say its all shit just doesn't do justice to them

the M11 is no different. Its like PG: bad tempered, agressive, weird, illogical - probably mad, but somehow very creative. Its worth a try if see an M11 used because it just doesn't sound like anything else.

I was all set to give up my modular when i came across Plan B so whatever I think about him, I can never be a hater of the tools themselves. Of course, I agree not to buy new, for both political and practical reasons.

Its a real shame what he did to his business and his customers. But others have arrived to fill the void so in the end we are lucky....

unfortunately others have arrived who appear to be following his business practices too

Richard
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Page 1 of 1