MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

FoH POWER and 1-6-13 Bus Board
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Flight of Harmony  
Author FoH POWER and 1-6-13 Bus Board
johnnylonz
Hi,

I've got a small system powered by the FoH Power and 1-6-13 bus board combo. I think both of these are discontinued, but am wondering if someone could help me out:

I'm trying to gain a little HP in my system, and the FoH Power module is a 10HP so I'm hoping I can swap it out with a thinner module but keep the bus board. Would I have any problems if I swapped it out with something like a TipTop Zeus Access and just connect the terminals on the access to the 1-6-13 bus board? It seems like it would work but I don't want to accidentally blow something up.

Any help would be much appreciated we're not worthy
HeWhoWantsJeans
I see absolutely no reason why the board wouldn't be compatible with another power source. It was intended as a drop-in upgrade for Doepfer cases, for instance.
johnnylonz
Thanks, that's what I was hoping. Of course in looking at the Zeus access again, it appears to be designed for boards with power built in. Anyone have a suggestion for a thinner power module?
HeWhoWantsJeans
Edit: duplicate post. Removed the original. The clone lives on!
HeWhoWantsJeans
johnnylonz wrote:
Thanks, that's what I was hoping. Of course in looking at the Zeus access again, it appears to be designed for boards with power built in. Anyone have a suggestion for a thinner power module?

Ah. The Zeus Access requires a Zeus Studio Bus to be the first board it is connected to, as the unit itself runs on a 15VDC external power supply, which the Studio Bus then converts into bipolor 12VDC.

You could convert a uZeus into a supply for any passive board (such as the 1-6-13), though. I would wager that, as long as you converted the male headers into female headers and had the pins lined up correctly, it could power, as the uZeus has an additional circuit board that does the DC conversion.

Caveat: I have no experience with the uZeus product so you may want to ask Gur at TipTop about that idea.

Also a thought - if you're not adverse to DIYing, I've seen people mount POWER modules on the inside of the case just fine. As someone who loves to build using what they have already on-hand, that's what I would probably do. If it'd help you measure out where to drill the holes, I'll contact flight about getting a mechanical drawing of the panel.
johnnylonz
Thanks for all the info. I think I might try mounting it in my case, I'm not very handy but after hearing your suggestion and looking at it I think it's do-able.

Thanks again!
HeWhoWantsJeans
johnnylonz wrote:
Thanks for all the info. I think I might try mounting it in my case, I'm not very handy but after hearing your suggestion and looking at it I think it's do-able.

Thanks again!

Excellent. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask. I'll answer them to the best of my ability and I'll do my best to gain the attention of the floating gun-spitting head of Flight of need be. thumbs up
causticlogic
HeWhoWantsJeans wrote:

I'll do my best to gain the attention of the floating gun-spitting head of Flight if need be.

I hear he's partial to grain. maybe offer him some.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Flight of Harmony  
Page 1 of 1