MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

FX insert options
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Author FX insert options
loudone
i was wondering what options there are to insert FX pedals into the synth...
I have seen the stilton, and the dopefer 138d
Or do most people just send a signal straight to the pedals....would be loud as hell though...
seriously, i just don't get it
kopplog
I use the stilton adapter from theharvestman.

I remember, before I purchased it I started a thread for this.
the best module you could get (perhaps) will be that one from
cwejman. still, the stilton can give you 4 seperate inserts, and thats cool-
A Dingleberry Monstrosity
man, I was just thinking about starting a thread like this!! hmmm.....

sorry to hijack, but also dont you always have less then 100% wet singal? There will always be a bit of a dry signal in there. right?

again, sorry to hijack but starting another thread doesnt seem like a good/smart idea.
a100user
Someone (sorry can't remember who) pointed me at this link if you fancy a bit of DIY

http://www.cgs.synth.net/modules/cgs60_sba.html

Although I haven't built them yet I picked up 10 PCB's so I could build five mono in stereo out adapters.
Babaluma
i use reamps and d.i.s.
skaio
the 130d may be useful... But is always line level (low impedance) and the guitar pedals work at high impedance. A reamp (reverse D.I.) would be better...

'Cos i need to plug my guitar into my system, i'll take a simple a-119 external input (could be used as return) and the a-sol HP01 as send (it's an attenuator). I don't mind of impedances and i get more functions... This is fun!
D/A A/D
I am in love with my 138d... It was a seriously missing piece of kit in my setup!
SquidInSquidInk
Like skaio, I use an attenuator on the 1U section of my MW case for send and an A-119 for return.
loudone
i Have the MW case as well. so The a119 works well?
I also bought a 181 mult but i would have to re-amplify the signal....which is what the a119 does....
Which cwejman do people use..the ai-2?
wetterberg
loudone wrote:
I also bought a 181 mult but i would have to re-amplify the signal....which is what the a119 does....
Which cwejman do people use..the ai-2?
thing is, you need two processes:

take your synth signal and attenuate it. (otherwise everything will just be a distorted hot mess)
Take your pedal signal coming back and amplify it.(otherwise it'll be way too low)

There really are just two units for this, imo:
Stilton Adaptor and a-138d

The stilton is great if you want a big rig of pedals wired up, especially for doing feedback shit. Downsides: Rather big for something many only use once in a while, and you need Y-type cables.
The doepfer is great if you just have one pedal you need hooked up, or indeed one chain of pedals. Downsides: just has one "channel", but you can just pick up more, of course.

I use my a-138d more than I use any other module... and I really should pick up one more.
SquidInSquidInk
loudone wrote:

Sure, all you really need is something to lower the signal going from your modular to the effect(s) and something to raise the signal going back into the modular. The A-119 works fine for this, but it's primarily designed for guitar/mic/etc. input. It looks like the A-138d may be more specific to your needs since it includes a wet/dry mix.

EDIT: wetterburg explained it more fully than I did. If you have room, both the A-119 and A-138d are small and cheap and you'll probably find uses for both.
wetterberg
SquidInSquidInk wrote:
loudone wrote:

Sure, all you really need is something to lower the signal going from your modular to the effect(s) and something to raise the signal going back into the modular. The A-119 works fine for this, but it's primarily designed for guitar/mic/etc. input. It looks like the A-138d may be more specific to your needs since it includes a wet/dry mix.
also, it sounds better, to my ears at least.
GrobbingThistle
wetterberg wrote:

The stilton is great if you want a big rig of pedals wired up, especially for doing feedback shit. Downsides: Rather big for something many only use once in a while, and you need Y-type cables.
The doepfer is great if you just have one pedal you need hooked up, or indeed one chain of pedals. Downsides: just has one "channel", but you can just pick up more, of course.

I use my a-138d more than I use any other module... and I really should pick up one more.

I don't see any reason you can't throw a small behringer mixer (with an fx send of its own!) into the loop of the 138d. That would make for some truly mind-bending complexity as far as feedback patching goes.
loudone
I was thinking of using an external mixer to just insert fx on whatever channel i want...I am going to have probably three channels from my modular...
But i do really want to be able to effect the fx in the modular realm as well...that is the point.
AH is out of the 138d of course angry
I have eyed the a119 quite a bit....the stilton looks awesom, but it is a lot f stuff going on...but it opens up many possibilities as well hmmm.....
and this is in stock applause
blungo2
Does not Cwejman ins-2mx do something similar?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Page 1 of 1