MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

VERBOS ELECTRONICS
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 118, 119, 120 ... 128, 129, 130  Next [all]
Author VERBOS ELECTRONICS
Tumulishroomaroom
Hot damn, I have tried a Voltage Multistage yesterday at the shop and now I don't feel quite so confident that I don't need it... It's so fun ! The gate switches and individual outs, the analog in... might need to rearrange stuff to fit this one.
BrokenBo
yes since i have it it has become one of my fav modules. super immediate and super patch friendly module which spits out funk every time i use it.
The Junglechrist
Hahahaha yes same here, one of my favorite. The combo with the Sequence Selector makes it even more fun.
I think it is one of those module I would love to have two.
mritenburg
The Junglechrist wrote:
I would love to have two.

I would like it if Verbos made a 16 step version, or even better, a dual clock 16 step version. I know Verbos doesn't like their modules to be viewed as Buchla clones, but the Buchla 248 MARF upon which the VMS is based is an extremely powerful and flexible dual clock 16 step device. It would be super cool to have some of that in Euro.
stephentrask
mritenburg wrote:
The Junglechrist wrote:
I would love to have two.

I would like it if Verbos made a 16 step version, or even better, a dual clock 16 step version. I know Verbos doesn't like their modules to be viewed as Buchla clones, but the Buchla 248 MARF upon which the VMS is based is an extremely powerful and flexible dual clock 16 step device. It would be super cool to have some of that in Euro.

For a long while every patch I made started with two VMS modules connected by a Sequence Selector. It was a bit of a MARF attempt. The same sort of set up worked well with a Macro Machiines Dynamic Destiny. i think you probably are the one who inspired me to do this.
Voggg
Question to VHO users. Have you found any good tricks for changing the timbre of the harmonic outputs?

I find they are quite sensitive to FM and lose the fundamental pretty quickly. I've had better luck with AM applied to the mix section, and gain and filters after the output. I'd like to take it a bit further.
Illwiggle
Voggg wrote:
Question to VHO users. Have you found any good tricks for changing the timbre of the harmonic outputs?

I find they are quite sensitive to FM and lose the fundamental pretty quickly. I've had better luck with AM applied to the mix section, and gain and filters after the output. I'd like to take it a bit further.

I just got a Crossfold. Its pretty wild & nasty. Not sure how well it’ll preserve the fundamental, but it can definitely impart some ‘character’ to the HO’s timbre. Im also looking for other possibilities. Anyone use it with the Tiptop Fold??
j259
Nonlinearcircuits Timbre is a good fit
mritenburg
I like using a second Oscillator with sync inputs connected to the HO square out (I use a z3000 mk2) to FM and AM modulate the various inputs on the HO.
Voggg
mritenburg wrote:
I like using a second Oscillator with sync inputs connected to the HO square out to FM and AM modulate the various inputs on the HO.

Good idea. I mult the pitch input to the FM source but I haven't tried this. Piston Honda might work nicely for this.
mritenburg
Voggg wrote:
mritenburg wrote:
I like using a second Oscillator with sync inputs connected to the HO square out to FM and AM modulate the various inputs on the HO.

Good idea. I mult the pitch input to the FM source but I haven't tried this. Piston Honda might work nicely for this.

Yep, With sync and audio rate modulation of individual harmonics working together you can create some very interesting timbres.
The Junglechrist
Voggg wrote:

A new fun patch I discovered recently is to use the HO final out to modulate the phase of another VCO, I do it with my Richter Oscillator II from Malekko.

HO square or saw to Richter VCO sync input
HO Final to phase mod input
Tons of modulation in the HO
Wiggle the pitch and phase of the Richter for weirdness and gorgeous organic things.
BrokenBo
does the mini horse now have its own mini case? i start to find it interesting as a standalone unit.
Voggg
BrokenBo wrote:
does the mini horse now have its own mini case? i start to find it interesting as a standalone unit.

It will. Not sure yet when the case will be released or how much it will cost (depending on which, I will buy the custom case or a 4MS pod)
BrokenBo
any more opinions/ reviews on the cv processor ? does it work like it should? or isn´t anyone buying it because of the price?
stephentrask
BrokenBo wrote:
any more opinions/ reviews on the cv processor ? does it work like it should? or isn´t anyone buying it because of the price?

I'm waiting for any kind of store-wide sale and then I'll buy one.
Tumulishroomaroom
After getting the CO way too early in my modular journey d'oh! it's finally back in my rack after GAS-ing on it for a while. And DAMN does it sound good. The layout is just perfect to tweak it on the fly. As many before me have said : no bad spots. And it's really a fantastic pairing with the ATC. There's just something about all these controls that interact in a wonderful way. Throw both these modules a few synced enveloppes and you get instant techno.
Tumulishroomaroom
A quick CO snippet :

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bw7cQw7BvcD/
BrokenBo
great stuff. nice to see other people enjoying this great oscillator. i had a feeling that this is quite an overlooked module because there are other complex oscillators with "more features" and less hp.
Tumulishroomaroom
Thanks ! Yeah for me it was a no brainer. CO was my first module after the Mother 32. I didn't really get it nor did I even know what I wanted to do with my modular; so I had unfinished business with this module.

The other big reason, beside re-falling in love with Verbos since the Multi Delay Processor, is the layout. When you look at Mark Verbos live sets he just tweaks the CO live and finds something interesting along the way because those two big pitch knobs are perfect for this. Just find the sweet spot by ear. Clear and open ended layout. The new offerings may have more normalizations and functions but they do not invite to be played like the CO does. Of course the sound is amazing which doesn't hurt.
stephentrask
Tumulishroomaroom wrote:

The other big reason, beside re-falling in love with Verbos since the Multi Delay Processor, is the layout. When you look at Mark Verbos live sets he just tweaks the CO live and finds something interesting along the way because those two big pitch knobs are perfect for this. Just find the sweet spot by ear. Clear and open ended layout. The new offerings may have more normalizations and functions but they do not invite to be played like the CO does. Of course the sound is amazing which doesn't hurt.

It's the layout and the sound that did it for me. The raw sound is simply more pleasing to me than other oscillators but if the layout weren't so inviting and playable I don't know if the sound would have been enough. But it's just so much fun to play and every spot is a sweet spot, every switch does something cool.
Voggg
Impressions of the Mini Horse? Any quirks? I'd imagine it works as advertised since they've been making the touch keyboard for some time now.
Parcell
Mini Horse - Position Outputs

Mini Horse - Pressure Outputs

Some nice videos re: the Mini Horse from Verbos.
Voggg
Ok the Horse looks fantastic, it's a no brainer for me.

But whyyyy did they put the power jack on top of the case? You can even see in the video why this is a bad idea.

I'm not optimistic but I hope this is not the final design. I don't want to have to buy a 4ms pod or something.
stephentrask
Voggg wrote:
Ok the Horse looks fantastic, it's a no brainer for me.

But whyyyy did they put the power jack on top of the case? You can even see in the video why this is a bad idea.

I'm not optimistic but I hope this is not the final design. I don't want to have to buy a 4ms pod or something.

Would it be better if the barrel were at a right angle?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 118, 119, 120 ... 128, 129, 130  Next [all]
Page 119 of 130