MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

VERBOS ELECTRONICS
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 120, 121, 122 ... 126, 127, 128  Next [all]
Author VERBOS ELECTRONICS
stephentrask
Godphaser wrote:
I have it, brilliant module.

Awesome! Thank you!
stephentrask
Godphaser wrote:
I have it, brilliant module.

Got it at Analogue Haven just now. It was 10% off, too.
TemplarK
Interesting the ATC gets a whole redesign for just the vactrol becoming rare. I would have thought any similar vactrol do a great job its only doing the decay of the filter cutoff in my naivety would say i wouldnt think different one would make much difference to the sonics of it? Or does the vactrol play a larger role than that?
The Junglechrist
TemplarK wrote:
Interesting the ATC gets a whole redesign for just the vactrol becoming rare. I would have thought any similar vactrol do a great job its only doing the decay of the filter cutoff in my naivety would say i wouldnt think different one would make much difference to the sonics of it? Or does the vactrol play a larger role than that?

I don't know anything about how electronic circuit design work but I felt that the Dual Borg, the QMMQ and the ATC have some common behaviours, being all vactrol based (I did had the three together at some point).

Very interrested to try this new ATC, I like that it should be way more snappy now without the vactrol slew, the form factor is nice as well even tho it look "sexy" than the first version.
Illwiggle
Got the Muton too...super flexible, gets more useful by the day. Read thru the short manual; lots of possibilities
mritenburg
TemplarK wrote:

There are wide variations in performance from vactrol to vactrol and I've read that those variations are even greater in some of the clone vactrols. This presents challenges to builders who want to sell modules that have consistent performance across the production run. If every module has wide decay performance variations from the others, people are going to notice (check out some of the optomix discussions). The time and effort spent matching clone vactrols for consistent performance is now too great.
Triglav
mritenburg wrote:
TemplarK wrote:

There are wide variations in performance from vactrol to vactrol and I've read that those variations are even greater in some of the clone vactrols. This presents challenges to builders who want to sell modules that have consistent performance across the production run. If every module has wide decay performance variations from the others, people are going to notice (check out some of the optomix discussions). The time and effort spent matching clone vactrols for consistent performance is now too great.

This is true, but I feel that the solution is not simply removing the vactrol. Sure, it's easier to manufacture but it's a worse LPG to use. The Natural Gate model is the way to go.
damase
Never got my hands on the ATC, but i played with the new version amputone or whatever its called at SB, i thought it was amazing and special to my ears. I would get the new version with smaller form factor with no second thoughts or regrets at all

Also of note, mark’s set at the afterparty was insane. He is an incredible musician and performer
Tumulishroomaroom
damase wrote:
Never got my hands on the ATC, but i played with the new version amputone or whatever its called at SB, i thought it was amazing and special to my ears. I would get the new version with smaller form factor with no second thoughts or regrets at all

Also of note, mark’s set at the afterparty was insane. He is an incredible musician and performer

I'm guessing they strove to keep the sound in a very similar ballpark; the ATC definitely has something special about it.

I hope that performance was recorded ! Would love to hear it.
stephentrask
Tumulishroomaroom wrote:
damase wrote:

I'm guessing they strove to keep the sound in a very similar ballpark; the ATC definitely has something special about it.

I hope that performance was recorded ! Would love to hear it.

Ditto. I the ATC is a great low pass gate but does so much more.

Trying to find a recording of the performance but not having much luck, sadly.
orbita
The Verbos guys rocked in on Saturday night at Ohm. Anyone know the name of the guy that isn't Mark?

Mark, if you are reading this - I tried to get into Berghain afterwards but got told "You don't come in".

Tom
damase
orbita wrote:
The Verbos guys rocked in on Saturday night at Ohm. Anyone know the name of the guy that isn't Mark?

Mark, if you are reading this - I tried to get into Berghain afterwards but got told "You don't come in".

Tom

Mark played with Alessandro Cortini, for the first set. if thats what you mean?

If it was recorded... it would probably take them a few days to release it. But honestly it was so much about the room and the vibe of being there for it, they curated a special event... out of context it just wouldnt be the same. That said, id love to have the recording just to transport me back to that moment
orbita
I didn't catch the first set. I arrived as lady starlight was finishing.
It was around 4-5am, after marks 2nd set. He had a verbos t-shirt and a baseball cap on. He was on the verbose stall earlier in the day too.
TemplarK
orbita wrote:

Tom

I don't know anyone who ever actually made it in mate I think it might be empty inside xD
orbita
Haha, and there's no proof because conveniently no photos allowed ;-)
damase
orbita wrote:
I didn't catch the first set. I arrived as lady starlight was finishing.
It was around 4-5am, after marks 2nd set. He had a verbos t-shirt and a baseball cap on. He was on the verbose stall earlier in the day too.

damn i must have missed that, its clear theyve got a lot of talent on board. Solidifies good trust in the artistic direction of the instruments. I also really liked the girl who opened, i thought she set the tone nicely with the drone and not being overbearing for a warm up
Voggg
at least in my ATC from 2015 or so, the vactrol "slew" is almost non-existent. It's very fast. Nothing like an Optomix.

So I wouldn't expect the response of the new one would be that much different, although it may respond differently to audio rate modulation.
Tumulishroomaroom
I've just realized the new ATC will fit perfectly in a 104hp row next to the CO, Delay and Bark Dead Banana . Will my OCD get the best of me
yellowecho
Tumulishroomaroom wrote:
I've just realized the new ATC will fit perfectly in a 104hp row next to the CO, Delay and Bark Dead Banana . Will my OCD get the best of me

My OCD feels the exact same way d'oh!
cloudleft
For those of you who use the VMS and SS combo as your main (or exclusive) sequencing source: how do you use them? And how do you like it?
lilypadears
tom holroyd played the 4am slot that night, though i left before he started. he works for verbos and wore a baseball cap that night. perhaps you saw tom perform and not mark?
confusedmachine
Tumulishroomaroom wrote:
A quick CO snippet :

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bw7cQw7BvcD/

Mike Parker vibes there smile
orbita
lilypadears wrote:
tom holroyd played the 4am slot that night, though i left before he started. he works for verbos and wore a baseball cap that night. perhaps you saw tom perform and not mark?

I saw both play. Googling Tom Holroyd just returns rugby results. Anything else of his around on youtube/soundcloud etc?
Tumulishroomaroom
confusedmachine wrote:
Tumulishroomaroom wrote:
A quick CO snippet :

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bw7cQw7BvcD/

Mike Parker vibes there smile

Thank you ! High praise !
stephentrask
orbita wrote:
lilypadears wrote:

I saw both play. Googling Tom Holroyd just returns rugby results. Anything else of his around on youtube/soundcloud etc?

His instagram name is lateral_x but his account is private. Can't seem to find a youtube channel for him.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 120, 121, 122 ... 126, 127, 128  Next [all]
Page 121 of 128