MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

VERBOS ELECTRONICS
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 121, 122, 123 ... 126, 127, 128  Next [all]
Author VERBOS ELECTRONICS
vytis
Anybody with info when the new ATC will be out?
I've got exactly 10HP free in my Verbos case.
yellowecho
Anyone have any info on specs and price of the new case?
stephentrask
yellowecho wrote:
Anyone have any info on specs and price of the new case?

In the past they have only made enough cases to supply complete system sales. I am going to write to them to see about getting one of the new cases to put my old power supply in. 84hp just isn’t cutting it.
lilypadears
here's a soundcloud page for tom holroyd of verbos electronics:
https://soundcloud.com/torvvo
he hasn't put anything new up in a while, but would probably reply to direct messages there. i can connect you to him via email as well if needed.
BrokenBo
[s]https://soundcloud.com/bo-deep/steps[/s]

some early morning recording of a very simple sequence. harmonic oscillator saw and square outs into the two bark filter inputs and the HO mix out into optomix. the bark filter macro inputs + some individual inputs receive envelopes/ lfo from the multi envelope and MI stages.
Some assistance by the rossum evolution as a sine wave oscillator. Sequencing is done by the VMS in tandem with rene.Everything into the mighty multi delay processor which is under audio rate modulation by one of the HO sine outs. some additional delay from ableton filter delay.

the audio bleed at the very beginning is intentional btw....the bark is totally quiet if you need it to be.
thetwlo
BrokenBo wrote:

the audio bleed at the very beginning is intentional btw....the bark is totally quiet if you need it to be.

very nice! thumbs up
Neither
A question about Verbos Scan&Pan mixer
...is it suitable to be fed line level signals (without distortion)?

I'm aware that when you turn the gain knob beyond 9'o clock
you get a nicely distorted signal
But if the signal is very weak
does the Scan&Pan mixer's gain-pot add crystal clear volume?
Like MI Ears does
yellowecho
BrokenBo wrote:

some early morning recording of a very simple sequence. harmonic oscillator saw and square outs into the two bark filter inputs and the HO mix out into optomix. the bark filter macro inputs + some individual inputs receive envelopes/ lfo from the multi envelope and MI stages.
Some assistance by the rossum evolution as a sine wave oscillator. Sequencing is done by the VMS in tandem with rene.Everything into the mighty multi delay processor which is under audio rate modulation by one of the HO sine outs. some additional delay from ableton filter delay.

Very cool. Thanks for sharing!
Voggg
BrokenBo wrote:

some early morning recording of a very simple sequence. harmonic oscillator saw and square outs into the two bark filter inputs and the HO mix out into optomix.

This is great. Very slinky
shanebroderick
Just received the HO today and had a question because this doesn't seem right.

If I turn the "width" knob past 11 to the right it cuts all sound out of the mix output no matter where everything else is at. So essentially my width knob is serving as a harsh mute whenever turned past 11 and the attenuverter doesnt have any effect really at all. Its like its tries to widen past 3-4 harmonics and clicks sharply off. I swear it wasnt doing this an hour ago.

Is this normal?
The Junglechrist
shanebroderick wrote:

If I turn the "width" knob past 11 to the right it cuts all sound out of the mix output no matter where everything else is at. So essentially my width knob is serving as a harsh mute whenever turned past 11 and the attenuverter doesnt have any effect really at all. Its like its tries to widen past 3-4 harmonics and clicks sharply off. I swear it wasnt doing this an hour ago.

Is this normal?

Clearly not an expected behaviour.
shanebroderick
The Junglechrist wrote:
shanebroderick wrote:

Is this normal?

Sending this back for a refund.
stephentrask
shanebroderick wrote:
The Junglechrist wrote:
shanebroderick wrote:

Is this normal?

If it's new I'm sure they will swap it out for a working model.

Sending this back for a refund.
modul8tr
Mr. Junglechrist! I LOVE your videos.

Filling out my Verbos System and wondered which module(s) you’d add next if you really wanted to start getting the FEEL of the full Verbos instrument under your fingers.

I’m crazy for the Bark Filter and plan to add it in the middle of the top row. Will likely be able to get it with one or two more modules. Could also do VMS + Random + Multi-Envelope and push Bark until later.

Much of the system layout Mark uses in the Red Bull Academy vid (which ironically is filled with students that look like they need Red Bull haha!) really appeals to me. I also love the layout of the system he performs on and would keep the HO in the lower right with CO in upper left. Final case will be two rows 104hp.

My modulargrid links should be attached.

EDIT (modgrid links)
http://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/926953
http://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/926972
http://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/925350
advrsry
modul8tr wrote:
Filling out my Verbos System and wondered which module(s) you’d add next if you really wanted to start getting the FEEL of the full Verbos instrument under your fingers.

Hmm, if you really want to get the feel of the full Verbos instrument under your fingers, it might make sense to get your hands on his Mini Horse.
The Junglechrist
modul8tr wrote:
Mr. Junglechrist! I LOVE your videos.

I’m crazy for the Bark Filter and plan to add it in the middle of the top row. Will likely be able to get it with one or two more modules. Could also do VMS + Random + Multi-Envelope and push Bark until later.

Thanks ! Glad you like the stuff ;-)

To me the VMS is one of the most important module from the Verbos line so that's where i'll go next. The Multi-Delay is the second most crazy that come to my mind, this thing can do so much !
The Random Sampling and Multi-Envelope are also very fun and quite unique even if taking ideas from older synths.

I don't have the Bark Filter (yet) but it look like hell fun but it is very expensive so maybe if you have the money and occasion jump on it first.
modul8tr
Yes, his Bark Filter is hard to resist and I am totally seduced. That with the Multi-Envelope would really give me a feel for live tweaking / sound shaping.

But my primary interest in Verbos is using it as a full standalone instrument, the VMS is clearly core to everything and like a gas pedal you need it to go vroom. It’s also very immediate in a way I LOVE and will be a different experience entirely from René 3D. That with the Multi-Envelope would be the foundational approach.

Either way I learn and have loads of fun along the way. We’ll see!

Thanks for your input! It helps.
The Junglechrist
modul8tr wrote:
Yes, his Bark Filter is hard to resist and I am totally seduced. That with the Multi-Envelope would really give me a feel for live tweaking / sound shaping.

But my primary interest in Verbos is using it as a full standalone instrument, the VMS is clearly core to everything and like a gas pedal you need it to go vroom. It’s also very immediate in a way I LOVE and will be a different experience entirely from René 3D. That with the Multi-Envelope would be the foundational approach.

Either way I learn and have loads of fun along the way. We’ll see!

Thanks for your input! It helps.

You're welcome ;-)
thebends9
Search is still broken, unfortunately. Can someone please loop me in on what the voltage multistage inputs do?
mritenburg
thebends9 wrote:
Search is still broken, unfortunately. Can someone please loop me in on what the voltage multistage inputs do?

Start: pulse starts the internal clock running
Stop: pulse stops the internal clock
Advance: pulse advances the sequence 1 stage at a time
Strobe: pulse causes the VMS to sample the voltage at analog input and will jump to the stage that corresponds to the cv, if there is no input it resets to stage 1
Analog: cv input is sampled when a pulse is received at strobe, or it controls the sequencer when in analog addressing mode. Triangle lfo will create a pendulum sequence for instance.
Enable: internal clock runs when pulse is high and there is a high gate on the start input
Sustain: internal clock sustains on a stage when pulse is high at start input. Used to create sustain stages in a multi segement envelope.
Time: Controls rate of internal clock

All of this is in the PDF info card available on the Verbos website.
thebends9
Thank you
stephentrask
mritenburg wrote:
thebends9 wrote:

Start: pulse starts the internal clock running
Stop: pulse stops the internal clock
Advance: pulse advances the sequence 1 stage at a time
Strobe: pulse causes the VMS to sample the voltage at analog input and will jump to the stage that corresponds to the cv, if there is no input it resets to stage 1
Analog: cv input is sampled when a pulse is received at strobe, or it controls the sequencer when in analog addressing mode. Triangle lfo will create a pendulum sequence for instance.
Enable: internal clock runs when pulse is high and there is a high gate on the start input
Sustain: internal clock sustains on a stage when pulse is high at start input. Used to create sustain stages in a multi segement envelope.
Time: Controls rate of internal clock

All of this is in the PDF info card available on the Verbos website.

Thank you, Matthew. It's always handy to be reminded of all of this.
BrokenBo
any demos/ impressions from anyone here on the cv processor?
stephentrask
BrokenBo wrote:
any demos/ impressions from anyone here on the cv processor?

Mine arrived while I was traveling and I have yet to get it in my case. Hopefully this week. Sadly, I have to rehearse acoustic instruments this week for a show and have less time to play hooky on my synth. But I will post something.
modul8tr
^
Haha! Sounds like my last few weeks. Need more hooky time. I’d love to hear your demo as well. The cv processor is the only Verbos module NOT on my list and I’m about to buy them all this week. My research left me with the impression that I could buy another Maths (and slap red Rogan knobs on it).

Any longtime Verbos System users have thoughts on which power supply has worked best for them? My dealer is trying to contact Verbos to see if I can get one of their new cases, but they’re on holiday. I believe Mark mentioned they would start selling them separately at Superbooth but I could be wrong.

If I can’t get his case/power I believe Doepfer was mentioned as a solid supply for Verbos. Can’t really search the thread at the moment so any info is appreciated.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 121, 122, 123 ... 126, 127, 128  Next [all]
Page 122 of 128