MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

VERBOS ELECTRONICS
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 122, 123, 124  Next [all]
Author VERBOS ELECTRONICS
Tumulishroomaroom
I've put Verbos modules in Intellijel 7u/4u and in MDLR Case with the MDLR power supply and never had any problem.
mritenburg
I've always used Doepfer PSU2 supplies with my Verbos modules. No issues at all.
modul8tr
Excellent to hear!! I will look into both. Thank you both!

And Monsieur Marchal I was JUST liking a bunch of your Instagram vids last night. You have a very good ear applause
Tumulishroomaroom
Thank you modul8tr smile
I'm trying to finish some tracks at the moment.
scuto
modul8tr wrote:
Any longtime Verbos System users have thoughts on which power supply has worked best for them? ... Can’t really search the thread at the moment so any info is appreciated.

My understanding is the earlier iterations of some of the modules played well with linear supplies. My story is I bought a CO used, Version 2 2013, and it was wiggling on its own in my Mantis case. Through emails and sending it to the US tech (Patchworks NYC, I think), it now sits happily in my Mantis, purring away alongside an ATC which never had issues in the case.
modul8tr
Interesting, thank you for sharing!

I can confirm the same with the CO, ATC, D4P (all acquired new 2016-2018) and in the last month the HO. All are happy with Tiptop power in the Mantis case, so as of now I’m considering TipTop or the Doepfer PSU 2/3. Though I noticed the scary (all bold) “needs qualified electrician to install” warnings attached to the Doepfer PSUs eek!. I know nothing, so hopefully whoever builds the case can also install power for me.

I thought all repairs were done in Berlin, but that’s awesome if there’s still a US tech as well!

Bark Filter, Multi Delay, Multi Envelope, VMS were special ordered yesterday. I’ll likely never leave home again.
stephentrask
modul8tr wrote:
^
Haha! Sounds like my last few weeks. Need more hooky time. I’d love to hear your demo as well. The cv processor is the only Verbos module NOT on my list and I’m about to buy them all this week. My research left me with the impression that I could buy another Maths (and slap red Rogan knobs on it).

I still don't quite get the Maths as a replacement for the VCP. I get that there's no specific function the VSP does that Maths can't do but the Voltage Control Processor is two four channel mixers and a slew. Two Triatts or two Frap Tools 321 and a Doepfer A-171 seem like a more apt comparison.
mritenburg
stephentrask wrote:
modul8tr wrote:
^
Haha! Sounds like my last few weeks. Need more hooky time. I’d love to hear your demo as well. The cv processor is the only Verbos module NOT on my list and I’m about to buy them all this week. My research left me with the impression that I could buy another Maths (and slap red Rogan knobs on it).

I still don't quite get the Maths as a replacement for the VCP. I get that there's no specific function the VSP does that Maths can't do but the Voltage Control Processor is two four channel mixers and a slew. Two Triatts or two Frap Tools 321 and a Doepfer A-171 seem like a more apt comparison.

Maths is based on the same previous technology as the VCP, but with a different proportion of ingredients. The Maths envelope generators are also looping slew processors. The center 4 ch mixer, processor, offset, etc is based on the Buchla 256 and 257 like the 4 processors on the VCP. I can't say that either is a 1:1 replacement for the other, rather they are both modules that implement similar functionality in different combinations.
stephentrask
mritenburg wrote:

Maths is based on the same previous technology as the VCP, but with a different proportion of ingredients. The Maths envelope generators are also looping skew processors. The center 4 ch mixer, processor, offset, etc is based on the Buchla 256 and 257 like the 4 processors on the VCP. I can't say that either is a 1:1 replacement for the other, rather they are both modules that implement similar functionality in different combinations.

I did understand those similarities. And I get people's aversion to the VCP because it's really expensive for a slew plus two utility mixers. It's the 1:1 replacement that I don't get. The CVP is like two of that center four-channel mixer.

Question: Can you use the mixer on Maths while using it as a slew generator?
mritenburg
stephentrask wrote:
mritenburg wrote:

Maths is based on the same previous technology as the VCP, but with a different proportion of ingredients. The Maths envelope generators are also looping skew processors. The center 4 ch mixer, processor, offset, etc is based on the Buchla 256 and 257 like the 4 processors on the VCP. I can't say that either is a 1:1 replacement for the other, rather they are both modules that implement similar functionality in different combinations.

I did understand those similarities. And I get people's aversion to the VCP because it's really expensive for a slew plus two utility mixers. It's the 1:1 replacement that I don't get. The CVP is like two of that center four-channel mixer.

Yes, the center channel voltage processors operate independently of the slew processors. At $99, I'm surprised no one has mentioned the Tiptop Miso as a serious alternative to the Verbos CVP.
modul8tr
Is the Miso a new module?? Surprised I’ve never heard of it as I’ve been looking at lots of voltage processors.

Regarding Maths as a 1:1 replacement, I wasn’t looking at it that way. More as similar functionality for a lower price that gets me going with a dedicated cv processor (that I already know and love) for the system and leaves me with cash for things like the expensive Sequential Poly Evolver potentiometer conversion kit smile

Since Maths is nearly half the cost of CVP, I may put that money toward the Verbos module at a later date. The Miso looks very useful, thanks for mentioning it Mritenberg!
stephentrask
mritenburg wrote:
stephentrask wrote:
mritenburg wrote:

Yes, the center channel voltage processors operate independently of the slew processors. At $99, I'm surprised no one has mentioned the Tiptop Miso as a serious alternative to the Verbos CVP.

It's possible that I have a partly irrational disdain for all things Make Noise. I have never met a Make Noise module that i didn't hate.

Can you do two slews with Maths while using the mixer separately?
mritenburg
stephentrask wrote:

Yep, the slewing is controlled by the attack/rise and decay/fall controls of the envelope generators. So you have two independent slew circuits.
stephentrask
mritenburg wrote:
stephentrask wrote:

Yep, the slewing is controlled by the attack/rise and decay/fall controls of the envelope generators. So you have two independent slew circuits.

Then why did I hate Maths so much when i used it? It always sounds so awesome.
mritenburg
stephentrask wrote:
mritenburg wrote:
stephentrask wrote:

I can't answer that. I personally think that Maths is an essential add-on to a Verbos system. I'd love to see Verbos release their version of a Buchla 281 type envelope generator, but, until then, Maths is my go to module for that range of functionality in Euro.
stephentrask
mritenburg wrote:
stephentrask wrote:
mritenburg wrote:
stephentrask wrote:

I can't answer that. I personally think that Maths is an essential add-on to a Verbos system. I'd love to see Verbos release their version of a Buchla 281 type envelope generator, but, until then, Maths is my go to module for that range of functionality in Euro.

Well, i suppose I should give it another try. I think it's been updated since the one i hated. Up until now I have sold every MN I've bought and hated everyone I tried out but your endorsement will send me back.
mritenburg
stephentrask wrote:
Well, i suppose I should give it another try. I think it's been updated since the one i hated. Up until now I have sold every MN I've bought and hated everyone I tried out but your endorsement will send me back.

Without going too far off-topic, I will say that I have a collection of MN modules in my cabinet and find that they compliment my Verbos modules quite well. Back in 2014 when the first collection of Verbos modules was released there was no envelope generator, no mixer, no delay/reverb, no voltage processor, no random source, so I augmented my Verbos system with the MN modules that filled those gap. I'm still very happy with those MN modules even though I have added more of the newer Verbos modules.

Just for fun, I posted this a while back, but this was create way back in 2014-2015 using the initially available Verbos modules with Maths as the EG.

[s]http://soundcloud.com/labelleaurore/verbos-patches[/s]
w00dw0rth
mritenburg wrote:
stephentrask wrote:
mritenburg wrote:
stephentrask wrote:

That would be sweet!
Illwiggle
mritenburg wrote:
stephentrask wrote:

Without going too far off-topic, I will say that I have a collection of MN modules in my cabinet and find that they compliment my Verbos modules quite well. Back in 2014 when the first collection of Verbos modules was released there was no envelope generator, no mixer, no delay/reverb, no voltage processor, no random source, so I augmented my Verbos system with the MN modules that filled those gap. I'm still very happy with those MN modules even though I have added more of the newer Verbos modules.

Just for fun, I posted this a while back, but this was create way back in 2014-2015 using the initially available Verbos modules with Maths as the EG.

Very cool sound byte! Ive been using a Rampage for slew duties & oddball gates, but I dont have any attenuation modules, which Ive been sorely needing, so Im considering a Maths, possibly to replace the Rampage....dunno, will have to try em side by side
stephentrask
mritenburg wrote:
stephentrask wrote:

So, first of all, I remember that piece very well. I loved it then and love it now. Pretty sure that your demos were crucial in my decision to go down the Verbos path. And your rack was influential in my trying out so many MN modules. I'm still in awe of the range of textures you coax out of these instruments and how beautifully you sculpt them.

I started playing tonight with the Verbos VCP. I was having a blast but still in the beginning phases.
modul8tr
Quick question for any Harmonic Oscillator users, does your scan knob go silent at full ccw and full cw with with width set full ccw, tilt at 12 o’clock and all sliders down?

This definitely seems the intended behavior but just want to confirm.
Leverkusen
modul8tr wrote:
Quick question for any Harmonic Oscillator users, does your scan knob go silent at full ccw and full cw with with width set full ccw, tilt at 12 o’clock and all sliders down?

This definitely seems the intended behavior but just want to confirm.

Yes, it is intended behaviour. Like the zero points between the single harmonics. There is demo video of Mark explorimg this and I have had mine repaired because it did not behave like that. It's a great feature for rhithmic and VCA like stuff.
modul8tr
I figured but thanks for the confirmation Leverkusen. What a beautiful instrument!!
modul8tr
New vid on the Verbos Channel!

http://youtu.be/7I8hfQ-evnA

Don’t know if I have seen this one posted here. Multi-Delay presentation. http://vimeo.com/265779344

The performance def got the tush movin’ nanners
Tumulishroomaroom
I had a whole beat around this but then I realized I almost liked the beatless, ambient version better. I have been listening to the few layers of this patch for a few days, so it was nice to finally record it (both the beat and the beatless versions). Morphagene pad, Loquelic through Bark filter + H9 and CO through ATC/Kamieniec.

Here's the insta snippet :

https://www.instagram.com/p/By57L2HhuWp/
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 122, 123, 124  Next [all]
Page 123 of 124