MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

VERBOS ELECTRONICS
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128  Next [all]
Author VERBOS ELECTRONICS
Tumulishroomaroom
Since I'm there... just did a second one, with the LIP into the Bark Filter, as usual. Such a perfect pairing for those strange little noise I'm particularly fond of.

https://www.instagram.com/p/By7u9YwBBcy/
Hansi026
Tumulishroomaroom wrote:
Since I'm there... just did a second one, with the LIP into the Bark Filter, as usual. Such a perfect pairing for those strange little noise I'm particularly fond of.

wow excellent proper techno sound thumbs up
damase
finally got a multistage... wow. maybe the most fun module ive ever had. every thing i do on it turns a sweet spot in some new way. never had a sequencer that felt so free, feeling very good about it.
advrsry
Anybody know the ETA for the new ATC?
Akita
Love My HO... but wondering which filter I should add, not going for the Dual 4 Pole...
Tumulishroomaroom
damase wrote:
finally got a multistage... wow. maybe the most fun module ive ever had. every thing i do on it turns a sweet spot in some new way. never had a sequencer that felt so free, feeling very good about it.

Exactly my experience when I had a quick play with it. Still haven't got it, but probably will after the summer.

Hansi026 wrote:
Tumulishroomaroom wrote:

wow excellent proper techno sound thumbs up

Thanks !
Hansi026
advrsry wrote:

News would also interest me !
bayrumblues
Any reviews for the Control Voltage Processor? Worth the price?
modul8tr
Hansi026 wrote:
advrsry wrote:

News would also interest me !

A little birdie told me the second half of August.
advrsry
Nice, thank you.
organon
A basic question about the HO: are the individual harmonics in-phase with each other and somehow derived from the same core, or are they 8 completely independent oscillators that are controlled by certain internally pre-configured CV-ratios?
ndkent
organon wrote:
A basic question about the HO: are the individual harmonics in-phase with each other and somehow derived from the same core, or are they 8 completely independent oscillators that are controlled by certain internally pre-configured CV-ratios?

In phase

Yes, the technique is the single triangle core is full rectified and or wavefolded so the frequency is increased by a multiple. Then the each new triangle gets sine shaped.

The 1960s built Buchla 148 simply gave you 10 harmonic individual outs, you had to figure out how to mix them in a dynamic way to get the most out of it. That might mean a lot of modules vs not much timbral modulation.

To Mark's credit, he builds in quite a few modules worth of tools to VC mix multiple outs. I think of it like a VC variable width bandpass filter though it's not at all filtering or resonant. Why I use that as a concept is that you have VC of a center point and then a VC width value with a sort of bell curve, so you can scan and narrow or widen a group of harmonics. The Scan & Pan is a non-dedicated version of the mixing technology, though has fewer channels and more features like stereo panning
organon
ndkent wrote:
organon wrote:

In phase

Yes, the technique is the single triangle core is full rectified and or wavefolded so the frequency is increased by a multiple. Then the each new triangle gets sine shaped.

Ah, thanks for the explanation, that makes perfect sense. So that means you won't get any beating patterns or any of the perceived "fullness" of a multi oscillator sound out of it. Instead it is more like a very complex waveshaper with lots of bells and whistles and precise control over the partials. Either way, I am looking forward to get my hands on it.
ndkent
organon wrote:

Ah, thanks for the explanation, that makes perfect sense. So that means you won't get any beating patterns or any of the perceived "fullness" of a multi oscillator sound out of it. Instead it is more like a very complex waveshaper with lots of bells and whistles and precise control over the partials. Either way, I am looking forward to get my hands on it.

Yes, basically. You get the core waveshaped to the standard waves and then 7 more waveshapers each dedicated to just a sine harmonic. That just gets output all the time to a separate out. Then you get an innovative hardwired mixer with both manual and VC control of each harmonic and then some VC channel scanning tools to perform "macro" changes to a bunch of channels with one voltage
bayrumblues
damase wrote:

Agreed! So good
BrokenBo
the ATC with the HO saw out is pure magic. i could listen to this forever. highly recommended. the ATC is so simple, yet so good.
Illwiggle
bayrumblues wrote:
damase wrote:

Agreed! So good

Just wait til you add the Sequence Selector to the mix. we're not worthy
Next level!
bayrumblues
Illwiggle wrote:
bayrumblues wrote:
damase wrote:

Agreed! So good

Next level!

Haha, I am looking for a used one! Even though I honestly have no idea what they do/ how to use one. Gotta catch em all.
damase
bayrumblues wrote:
Illwiggle wrote:
bayrumblues wrote:
damase wrote:

Agreed! So good

Next level!

Haha, I am looking for a used one! Even though I honestly have no idea what they do/ how to use one. Gotta catch em all.

just added it myself. loved the vms so much it was an instant addition. also have the Random Sampling sitting right next to them!

These three modules together have so many ways to sequence and arpeggiate. I love that it can be as simple or as complex as I want to make it. It feels very right as far as modular thinking goes.

I have a lot of fun just inverting and attenuating an envelope into the quantized random input. Without triggering it, it will hit the same voltages and be a repeatable sequence you can vary up.
organon
On my Harmonic Oscillator I see a frequency spike at around 9.5kHz and at around 18kHz (less relevant up there of course - see image attached). This spike occurs only on the triangle out and on all the harmonic outs since they are derived from the triangle. The square and sawtooth probably have the same spike but it is covered up by their own harmonics. That spike on the triangle is independent of the oscillator frequency so at the moment what I do is use a notch filter at the output at fixed frequency to remove it.
Since the harmonic outputs are derived from the triangle this spike is causing a constant buzz on the mix output and it gets much worse on the higher harmonics 6, 7 and 8. I calibrated the unit, but it didn’t fix it. Is this frequency spike on the triangle normal or is my unit defective? I know that a lot of people describe the harmonic outs as “buzzy” and not very clean as a result of the folding and wave shaping techniques used, but this constant 9.5kHz spike seems like a different problem and it seems completely unnecessary.

leitner6
what does the raw triangle look like? seems like there's a spike or something when the triangle resets.
organon
leitner6 wrote:
what does the raw triangle look like? seems like there's a spike or something when the triangle resets.

The raw triangle looks fine, there's no bump or spike there anywhere. If it was a problem with the triangle shape the frequency spike would change with the oscillator frequency which it doesn't. It always stays right at 9.5kHz/18kHz.

I was also suspecting my power supply, but my other oscillators in the same rack are perfectly clean. I am sure this is a problem in the triangle core of the HO, so all I am wondering about is if this is only my HO or if other people see that too.
youkon
double post
youkon

Enjoy pure Verbos sounds from my Techno Easel!
It's not a finished nor perfect patch but worth to share because of the great Verbos sound.
Kick is the self resonating ATC filter.
A Dynamix is added for further vca duties plus a clock divider and some precision adders to make the osc's more playable.
Please listen with headphones or monitors to hear the full potential of the sound
Sanys
sick!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128  Next [all]
Page 124 of 128