MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

VERBOS ELECTRONICS
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 126, 127, 128  Next [all]
Author VERBOS ELECTRONICS
abendrot
Ah Eurorack, a module a day keeps the doctor away.
Now this will be a new hype again, for lets say two
weeks and than there will be something new on the
horizon. hihi
microfauna
abendrot wrote:
Ah Eurorack, a module a day keeps the doctor away.
Now this will be a new hype again, for lets say two
weeks and than there will be something new on the
horizon. hihi


There are elements of some of the modules which we already have In Euro, but a couple of them bring something completely new (ie harmonic VCO and the multistage) so I think excitement is justified in some respects.
pulse_divider
These seem really cool. The higher-end mega-module caste is getting to be a crowded market in the euro world these days. They all seem really useful and interesting.
The OCD critical dick in me bristles at the hex nuts on the black or red background, they look really funny all askew.
ws9848
Kent wrote:
xart wrote:
toothless_wonder wrote:
but you know they rock !



I hope he is using a professional building company. Verbos BUCHLA FORMAT modules are all over the place with sloppy build quality...

I do have to say you euro guys are in for a real treat when your hear the Verbos Harmonic Oscillator thumbs up


Fuck me running… the Harmonic Oscillator comes it at approximately 1/3rd the price of the Buchla 200 format one. I understand the economics, but grr…

Nice lookin' modules though.


NO KIDDING!!!!
radiokoala
anselmi wrote:
I´d love to see his 258v in euro...amazing deep sound...full of character

I like it more than a 259-ish oscillator

There are a few, look into J3RK 258J. I'm not sure what revision of 258 it is based on, but in my opinion it's sonically 95% the same thing as my Sputnik 258v.*

[/size=9]* too euro module, officially Sputnik Dual Waveform Generator... (remark for people who've not heard of it. thumbs up)[/size]
CJ Miller
pulse_divider wrote:
The OCD critical dick in me bristles at the hex nuts on the black or red background, they look really funny all askew.


Feel free to pressure the makers of Euro hardware to manufacture things to tighter tolerances!
CF3
radiokoala wrote:
anselmi wrote:
I´d love to see his 258v in euro...amazing deep sound...full of character

I like it more than a 259-ish oscillator

There are a few, look into J3RK 258J. I'm not sure what revision of 258 it is based on, but in my opinion it's sonically 95% the same thing as my Sputnik 258v.*

[/size=9]* too euro module, officially Sputnik Dual Waveform Generator... (remark for people who've not heard of it. thumbs up)[/size]


Plan B/SubCon M15 x2
consumed
the euro black hole just got bigger and blacker.
joey
well I took the plunge on the harmonic oscillator...
echoplex
First Buchla-madness goin' on
http://modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/71055 Dead Banana nanners d'oh!
negativspace
CJ Miller wrote:
pulse_divider wrote:
The OCD critical dick in me bristles at the hex nuts on the black or red background, they look really funny all askew.


Feel free to pressure the makers of Euro hardware to manufacture things to tighter tolerances!


Not much can be done about that, to a certain extent the hex nuts bottom out at whatever angle they bottom out at. You can fiddle with them if you want, and it helps a bit, but you'll never get a whole module's worth to line up perfectly.

(That's why I refuse to use hex nuts, ever. I also hate the haphazard look.)

* This is a general statement about hex nuts, has nothing to do with Mark's modules. They look fantastic!
johnchantler
these look incredible. bravo.

applause
RyanDais
can't wait to try these out...need a 2nd case first!
eXode
mateo wrote:
phutureboy wrote:
Would any Buchla specialist care to tell us to which Buchla module each of these correspond to ? And ideally with which added or substracted features ?


The osc looks like a simplified 259 (no PLL), the rest seem more buchla inspired than direct copies of modules


Can we please put the PLL mythos to bed once and for all?

There is NO PLL in the Buchla 259!!! This is a common misconception. There is just Phase Lock, which is another word for SYNC, nothing more and nothing less.

See this high res image of original 259 panel for reference.
lightworks
wow, this look beautiful applause
ritchiedrums
A complete Buchla-ish Voice for under $3k!!!! woah

Now let's see what BEMI has planned lol

NICE!!! Guinness ftw!
transistor logic
pure class
CJ Miller
negativspace wrote:
Not much can be done about that, to a certain extent the hex nuts bottom out at whatever angle they bottom out at. You can fiddle with them if you want, and it helps a bit, but you'll never get a whole module's worth to line up perfectly.


But this is true of round nuts also! Their roundness only masks the problem instead if fixing it. hihi

eXode wrote:
Can we please put the PLL mythos to bed once and for all?

There is NO PLL in the Buchla 259!!! This is a common misconception. There is just Phase Lock, which is another word for SYNC, nothing more and nothing less.


So this is why? I had wondered for years why people said there was a PLL when I'd never seen one in the schematics. I didn't even think of studying the panel! One could use a 232, if it was handy.
opsysbug
joey wrote:
well I took the plunge on the harmonic oscillator...


Yes yes. Me too thumbs up
NS4W
These look fabulous!
Nelson Baboon
sigh - ordered the harmonic oscillator and that stage sequencer thing with the last of my bonus money. Should arrive in 2-3 days.
thesnow
anyone if that slick black case is also available?
renzo
thesnow wrote:
anyone if that slick black case is also available?


why don't you ask Mark?

or ask Shawn over @ analoguehaven
qu.one
i think those cases are https://www.memeantenna.com/store/mll6c84k:-6u-84hp-black-eurorack-cas e/dp/21343
Funky40
i´m interested in the 4pole filter, is there any Verbos/buchla equivalent ? demos ?
my blind surch was fruitless
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 126, 127, 128  Next [all]
Page 3 of 128
Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group