MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

VERBOS ELECTRONICS
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 119, 120, 121 ... 128, 129, 130  Next [all]
Author VERBOS ELECTRONICS
Voggg
stephentrask wrote:
Would it be better if the barrel were at a right angle?

Side mount would be much better, but I could probably live with a right-angle barrel.
stephentrask
Voggg wrote:
stephentrask wrote:
Would it be better if the barrel were at a right angle?

Side mount would be much better, but I could probably live with a right-angle barrel.

Batteries would be the best of them all.
shanebroderick
I'm looking into grabbing an CO and ATC but had a question about voltage...
All the envelopes and CV in my system is 5v. Would I be able to open the VCA on the ATC all the way etc?
mritenburg
shanebroderick wrote:
All the envelopes and CV in my system is 5v. Would I be able to open the VCA on the ATC all the way etc?

Are you sure about the voltage ranges? Even in systems where the predominant cv range is 5vpp, the envelopes output greater ranges. For instance the Doepfer A-140 outputs an +8v envelope even though most Doepfer cv's are 5vpp. +8v is enough to open the ATC (well, at least I like it).
Voggg
on the ATC it's probably not going to make a huge difference, because of the input gain and lack of drive on the output. But you can always mult an envelope to a mixer if you need to boost it.
shanebroderick
mritenburg wrote:
shanebroderick wrote:

Are you sure about the voltage ranges? Even in systems where the predominant cv range is 5vpp, the envelopes output greater ranges. For instance the Doepfer A-140 outputs an +8v envelope even though most Doepfer cv's are 5vpp. +8v is enough to open the ATC (well, at least I like it).

Yes, My system is predominantly Random Source Serge
richc90
ATC... 10HP... via instagram
Tumulishroomaroom
richc90 wrote:

Ouuh nice ! Funny how it looks "cramped" for a Verbos module.
Voggg
Tumulishroomaroom wrote:
richc90 wrote:

Aesthetically I prefer the original, but the new design is more practical. The big knob would be more useful mapped to frequency rather than volume, especially since there's no distortion on the output.
Any changes to the circuit?
richc90
ye, it's transistor rather than vactrol based. The form factor is really nice, esp. for those of us at 6U
Tumulishroomaroom
Yes the original is one of my favorite module aesthetically speaking. Is it a replacement or will the still offer both versions ? It might be tempting to rock both !
mritenburg
richc90 wrote:
ye, it's transistor rather than vactrol based. The form factor is really nice, esp. for those of us at 6U

So is it closer to a straight vca, or is it still a combo vca/VCF?
stephentrask
Tumulishroomaroom wrote:
richc90 wrote:

Where on instagram is this?
mritenburg
stephentrask wrote:
Tumulishroomaroom wrote:
richc90 wrote:

https://www.instagram.com/verboselectronics/

You have to look closely at the latest pic.
stephentrask
mritenburg wrote:
stephentrask wrote:
Tumulishroomaroom wrote:
richc90 wrote:

https://www.instagram.com/verboselectronics/

You have to look closely at the latest pic.

Thanks. Yeah, I just figured it out after my scan of the whole page. I felt like that was one product that could use to be made smaller. Sucks about the Vactrol, although I know we all have to get used to living in a post Vactrol world.
The Junglechrist
Hey there everyone ! We just uploaded that noisy jam on my Verbos System, stereo sidebands heaven :

BrokenBo
stephentrask
I just ordered the Control Voltage Processor from Analog Haven. The price is a bit lower there ($535) and they're having a storewide sale. The price was almost $100 lower than the list price at other places.
mritenburg
BrokenBo wrote:

In the video, the redesign of the ATC is partially attributed to the availability of quality vactrols.

I wonder if the other modules which have vactrols will also be redesigned? The Complex Osc and Dual Four Pole both have vactrols.
Triglav
mritenburg wrote:

In the video, the redesign of the ATC is partially attributed to the availability of quality vactrols.

I wonder if the other modules which have vactrols will also be redesigned? The Complex Osc and Dual Four Pole both have vactrols.

The DFP uses NSL-32SR3 vactrols which are still available. The CO however uses both the NSL-32 and VTL5C3 so I'm guessing that will also be redesigned.
It's a shame really. NSL has VTL5C replacements that are pretty decent.
stephentrask
Triglav wrote:
mritenburg wrote:

The DFP uses NSL-32SR3 vactrols which are still available. The CO however uses both the NSL-32 and VTL5C3 so I'm guessing that will also be redesigned.

Is the VTL5C3 the one that was used in the ATC?
Triglav
stephentrask wrote:

Yep, it's the classic Buchla 292 vactrol. (Specifically the dual VTL5C3/2)
stephentrask
Triglav wrote:
stephentrask wrote:
Triglav wrote:
mritenburg wrote:

Yep, it's the classic Buchla 292 vactrol. (Specifically the dual VTL5C3/2)

Damn, sucks to lose that. I guess Mark isn't happy with the NSL version. He mentioned that to me while repairing my ATC a few years ago before he left Brooklyn.
stephentrask
Does anyone have the SSF Muton? It seems like it would pair really nicely with the Verbos line given its eight inputs with CV control and mutes.
Godphaser
I have it, brilliant module.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 119, 120, 121 ... 128, 129, 130  Next [all]
Page 120 of 130