VERBOS ELECTRONICS

Cwejman, Livewire, TipTop Audio, Doepfer etc... Get your euro on!

Moderators: Kent, luketeaford, lisa, Joe.

Post Reply
User avatar
Godphaser
Common Wiggler
Posts: 248
Joined: Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:13 pm

Post by Godphaser » Sun May 12, 2019 7:31 pm

I have it, brilliant module.

stephentrask
Veteran Wiggler
Posts: 513
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2015 4:13 pm

Post by stephentrask » Sun May 12, 2019 7:41 pm

Godphaser wrote:I have it, brilliant module.
Awesome! Thank you!
i don't know what I'm doing but I sure like doing it.

stephentrask
Veteran Wiggler
Posts: 513
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2015 4:13 pm

Post by stephentrask » Sun May 12, 2019 7:49 pm

Godphaser wrote:I have it, brilliant module.
Got it at Analogue Haven just now. It was 10% off, too.
i don't know what I'm doing but I sure like doing it.

User avatar
TemplarK
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 1184
Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2016 4:31 pm
Location: Outer Space

Post by TemplarK » Sun May 12, 2019 8:18 pm

Interesting the ATC gets a whole redesign for just the vactrol becoming rare. I would have thought any similar vactrol do a great job its only doing the decay of the filter cutoff in my naivety would say i wouldnt think different one would make much difference to the sonics of it? Or does the vactrol play a larger role than that?

User avatar
The Junglechrist
Ultra Wiggler
Posts: 944
Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2016 7:10 am
Location: Alpes de Haute Provence
Contact:

Post by The Junglechrist » Mon May 13, 2019 12:33 am

TemplarK wrote:Interesting the ATC gets a whole redesign for just the vactrol becoming rare. I would have thought any similar vactrol do a great job its only doing the decay of the filter cutoff in my naivety would say i wouldnt think different one would make much difference to the sonics of it? Or does the vactrol play a larger role than that?
I don't know anything about how electronic circuit design work but I felt that the Dual Borg, the QMMQ and the ATC have some common behaviours, being all vactrol based (I did had the three together at some point).

Very interrested to try this new ATC, I like that it should be way more snappy now without the vactrol slew, the form factor is nice as well even tho it look "sexy" than the first version.


Stazma The Junglechrist / Repeat Eater: http://stazmathejunglechrist.com/

Electric Voyage Studio [Mastering / Mixing] : http://electricvoyage-studio.com

My label Concrete Collage : https://concretecollage.bandcamp.com/

Wired Brain Video Channel : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCh4pym ... vkKp6ofzVA

User avatar
Illwiggle
Wiggling with Experience
Posts: 291
Joined: Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:56 pm
Location: SF, CA

Post by Illwiggle » Mon May 13, 2019 4:13 am

Got the Muton too...super flexible, gets more useful by the day. Read thru the short manual; lots of possibilities

User avatar
mritenburg
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 1990
Joined: Tue Jul 16, 2013 2:17 pm
Location: Boston

Post by mritenburg » Mon May 13, 2019 6:58 am

TemplarK wrote:Interesting the ATC gets a whole redesign for just the vactrol becoming rare. I would have thought any similar vactrol do a great job its only doing the decay of the filter cutoff in my naivety would say i wouldnt think different one would make much difference to the sonics of it? Or does the vactrol play a larger role than that?
There are wide variations in performance from vactrol to vactrol and I've read that those variations are even greater in some of the clone vactrols. This presents challenges to builders who want to sell modules that have consistent performance across the production run. If every module has wide decay performance variations from the others, people are going to notice (check out some of the optomix discussions). The time and effort spent matching clone vactrols for consistent performance is now too great.

User avatar
Triglav
Wiggling with Experience
Posts: 352
Joined: Fri Aug 21, 2015 8:42 pm
Location: Budapest
Contact:

Post by Triglav » Mon May 13, 2019 7:07 am

mritenburg wrote:
TemplarK wrote:Interesting the ATC gets a whole redesign for just the vactrol becoming rare. I would have thought any similar vactrol do a great job its only doing the decay of the filter cutoff in my naivety would say i wouldnt think different one would make much difference to the sonics of it? Or does the vactrol play a larger role than that?
There are wide variations in performance from vactrol to vactrol and I've read that those variations are even greater in some of the clone vactrols. This presents challenges to builders who want to sell modules that have consistent performance across the production run. If every module has wide decay performance variations from the others, people are going to notice (check out some of the optomix discussions). The time and effort spent matching clone vactrols for consistent performance is now too great.
This is true, but I feel that the solution is not simply removing the vactrol. Sure, it's easier to manufacture but it's a worse LPG to use. The Natural Gate model is the way to go.

damase
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 1839
Joined: Sun Apr 19, 2015 11:33 am
Location: Texas

Post by damase » Mon May 13, 2019 8:23 am

Never got my hands on the ATC, but i played with the new version amputone or whatever its called at SB, i thought it was amazing and special to my ears. I would get the new version with smaller form factor with no second thoughts or regrets at all

Also of note, mark’s set at the afterparty was insane. He is an incredible musician and performer

User avatar
Tumulishroomaroom
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 1532
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2016 7:17 am
Location: Paris
Contact:

Post by Tumulishroomaroom » Mon May 13, 2019 8:34 am

damase wrote:Never got my hands on the ATC, but i played with the new version amputone or whatever its called at SB, i thought it was amazing and special to my ears. I would get the new version with smaller form factor with no second thoughts or regrets at all

Also of note, mark’s set at the afterparty was insane. He is an incredible musician and performer
I'm guessing they strove to keep the sound in a very similar ballpark; the ATC definitely has something special about it.

I hope that performance was recorded ! Would love to hear it.
instagram
soundcloud
dc11 - electron out on Cosmic Wave Records.

stephentrask
Veteran Wiggler
Posts: 513
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2015 4:13 pm

Post by stephentrask » Mon May 13, 2019 8:45 am

Tumulishroomaroom wrote:
damase wrote:Never got my hands on the ATC, but i played with the new version amputone or whatever its called at SB, i thought it was amazing and special to my ears. I would get the new version with smaller form factor with no second thoughts or regrets at all

Also of note, mark’s set at the afterparty was insane. He is an incredible musician and performer
I'm guessing they strove to keep the sound in a very similar ballpark; the ATC definitely has something special about it.

I hope that performance was recorded ! Would love to hear it.
Ditto. I the ATC is a great low pass gate but does so much more.

Trying to find a recording of the performance but not having much luck, sadly.
i don't know what I'm doing but I sure like doing it.

orbita
Wiggling with Experience
Posts: 281
Joined: Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:00 am
Location: London

Post by orbita » Mon May 13, 2019 10:43 am

The Verbos guys rocked in on Saturday night at Ohm. Anyone know the name of the guy that isn't Mark?

Mark, if you are reading this - I tried to get into Berghain afterwards but got told "You don't come in".

Tom

damase
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 1839
Joined: Sun Apr 19, 2015 11:33 am
Location: Texas

Post by damase » Mon May 13, 2019 12:51 pm

orbita wrote:The Verbos guys rocked in on Saturday night at Ohm. Anyone know the name of the guy that isn't Mark?

Mark, if you are reading this - I tried to get into Berghain afterwards but got told "You don't come in".

Tom
Mark played with Alessandro Cortini, for the first set. if thats what you mean?

If it was recorded... it would probably take them a few days to release it. But honestly it was so much about the room and the vibe of being there for it, they curated a special event... out of context it just wouldnt be the same. That said, id love to have the recording just to transport me back to that moment

orbita
Wiggling with Experience
Posts: 281
Joined: Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:00 am
Location: London

Post by orbita » Mon May 13, 2019 2:26 pm

I didn't catch the first set. I arrived as lady starlight was finishing.
It was around 4-5am, after marks 2nd set. He had a verbos t-shirt and a baseball cap on. He was on the verbose stall earlier in the day too.

User avatar
TemplarK
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 1184
Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2016 4:31 pm
Location: Outer Space

Post by TemplarK » Mon May 13, 2019 3:05 pm

orbita wrote:The Verbos guys rocked in on Saturday night at Ohm. Anyone know the name of the guy that isn't Mark?

Mark, if you are reading this - I tried to get into Berghain afterwards but got told "You don't come in".

Tom
I don't know anyone who ever actually made it in mate I think it might be empty inside xD

orbita
Wiggling with Experience
Posts: 281
Joined: Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:00 am
Location: London

Post by orbita » Mon May 13, 2019 5:26 pm

Haha, and there's no proof because conveniently no photos allowed ;-)

damase
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 1839
Joined: Sun Apr 19, 2015 11:33 am
Location: Texas

Post by damase » Tue May 14, 2019 3:41 am

orbita wrote:I didn't catch the first set. I arrived as lady starlight was finishing.
It was around 4-5am, after marks 2nd set. He had a verbos t-shirt and a baseball cap on. He was on the verbose stall earlier in the day too.
damn i must have missed that, its clear theyve got a lot of talent on board. Solidifies good trust in the artistic direction of the instruments. I also really liked the girl who opened, i thought she set the tone nicely with the drone and not being overbearing for a warm up

Voggg
Wiggling with Experience
Posts: 371
Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2014 10:53 pm
Location: Washington DC

Post by Voggg » Tue May 14, 2019 9:58 am

at least in my ATC from 2015 or so, the vactrol "slew" is almost non-existent. It's very fast. Nothing like an Optomix.

So I wouldn't expect the response of the new one would be that much different, although it may respond differently to audio rate modulation.

User avatar
Tumulishroomaroom
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 1532
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2016 7:17 am
Location: Paris
Contact:

Post by Tumulishroomaroom » Wed May 15, 2019 12:46 pm

I've just realized the new ATC will fit perfectly in a 104hp row next to the CO, Delay and Bark :deadbanana: . Will my OCD get the best of me
instagram
soundcloud
dc11 - electron out on Cosmic Wave Records.

yellowecho
Wiggling with Experience
Posts: 295
Joined: Fri May 09, 2014 1:20 pm

Post by yellowecho » Wed May 15, 2019 5:36 pm

Tumulishroomaroom wrote:I've just realized the new ATC will fit perfectly in a 104hp row next to the CO, Delay and Bark :deadbanana: . Will my OCD get the best of me
My OCD feels the exact same way :doh:

User avatar
cloudleft
Common Wiggler
Posts: 130
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:59 am
Location: NYC

Post by cloudleft » Wed May 15, 2019 7:14 pm

For those of you who use the VMS and SS combo as your main (or exclusive) sequencing source: how do you use them? And how do you like it?

User avatar
lilypadears
Common Wiggler
Posts: 74
Joined: Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:58 pm
Location: pittsburgh, penna

Post by lilypadears » Wed May 15, 2019 8:35 pm

tom holroyd played the 4am slot that night, though i left before he started. he works for verbos and wore a baseball cap that night. perhaps you saw tom perform and not mark?

confusedmachine
Common Wiggler
Posts: 129
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2014 2:47 am

Post by confusedmachine » Thu May 16, 2019 7:24 am

Tumulishroomaroom wrote:A quick CO snippet :

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bw7cQw7BvcD/
Mike Parker vibes there :)

orbita
Wiggling with Experience
Posts: 281
Joined: Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:00 am
Location: London

Post by orbita » Thu May 16, 2019 7:46 am

lilypadears wrote:tom holroyd played the 4am slot that night, though i left before he started. he works for verbos and wore a baseball cap that night. perhaps you saw tom perform and not mark?
I saw both play. Googling Tom Holroyd just returns rugby results. Anything else of his around on youtube/soundcloud etc?

User avatar
Tumulishroomaroom
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 1532
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2016 7:17 am
Location: Paris
Contact:

Post by Tumulishroomaroom » Thu May 16, 2019 7:47 am

confusedmachine wrote:
Tumulishroomaroom wrote:A quick CO snippet :

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bw7cQw7BvcD/
Mike Parker vibes there :)
Thank you ! High praise !
instagram
soundcloud
dc11 - electron out on Cosmic Wave Records.

Post Reply

Return to “Eurorack Modules”