MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Macro Machines Storage Strip: Shipping Now
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next [all]
Author Macro Machines Storage Strip: Shipping Now
Dstone
I can't wait!!
bendedavis
Faceplates are here smile

We're doing a bit more testing and should start shipping next week

https://www.facebook.com/MacroMachinesModular/photos/a.650102135029675 .1073741829.644086908964531/725642274142327/?type=1&stream_ref=10
gotascii
bendedavis wrote:
Faceplates are here smile

We're doing a bit more testing and should start shipping next week

https://www.facebook.com/MacroMachinesModular/photos/a.650102135029675 .1073741829.644086908964531/725642274142327/?type=1&stream_ref=10

hyper
bendedavis
First batch ship out on Saturday. The rest of them should be shipped next week.

Thanks to everyone who preordered for you patience. We'll be including a coupon for our upcoming modules along with every Storage Strip. We've got alot of cool stuff in the works which we will announce very soon.
bendedavis
All modules shipped. Send me a PM if you didn't receive a tracking #.
bendedavis
All preorders should be arriving today for US customers. You can download the manual here - http://macromachines.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/StorageStripManual _v1.pdf

Let me know if you have any other questions
Noha
are there any of these left in stock? are any getting shipped to stores like CONTROL?
ether
So I finally ordered and received mine, and, after some head scratching, saw this line on the website:

"Only Mungo modules without the MIDI add-on installed are compatible with the Storage Strip"

Damn. I'm 99% sure my g0 has the MIDI add-on.

It's probably a question for John, but is that a software feature that can be removed from the g0 by reprogramming or what?
dinesh23
uurggh! Thats whats going on!! very frustrating

It works with one of my g0s and not the other (with the midi add on I suppose)
I thought it was a bus board issue and was waiting for a 5v adapter for my other power supply to test them together

... glad you pointed this out ether

lets hope dr John can help
ether
I'll shoot him an email tomorrow on it.

I've got other questions as I've got a g0, d0 and p0 all chained together and none of them respond. Maybe the MIDI enabled g0 is "eating" all the bus signals???

Zoom buttons work OK btw.

Will report back here with findings.
dinesh23
... same here it's not passing it down the chain to my w0, d0 or p0 either.

In an attempt not to side track my music making completely! I haven't swapped each module around to test them individually with the storage strip.

... I thought the zoom was working too at first, but in retrospect I don't think it was, as it always stayed within audible range - unlike with the regular zoom and the macro strip when used on the midi free g0. hmmm.....
dinesh23
Aside from this hurdle with the midi mod on some modules.

I just wanted to add that the storage strip works great and definitely brings a whole new dimension to patching.

... really looking forward to trying some preset beat boxing with the p0
ether
Just took my g0 out and now my p0 responds w00t

Very cool.
bendedavis
ether wrote:
I'll shoot him an email tomorrow on it.

I've got other questions as I've got a g0, d0 and p0 all chained together and none of them respond. Maybe the MIDI enabled g0 is "eating" all the bus signals???

Zoom buttons work OK btw.

Will report back here with findings.

Yes, we found out that any Mungo modules with the MIDI board added onto the back will take over the CV bus so that only signals passed in from a MIDI jack (from the MIDI zoom panel) will affect any connected modules. Unfortunately that board will need to be desoldered to work with the Storage Strip.
digidandy
Question: already have a g0, and a d0 is on the way - so thinking about buying the storage strip.

--- if I connect both the g0 and d0 to the storage strip, will it automatically store settings for BOTH the g0 and d0 no matter what? In other words, do I *have* to store settings for both units? What if I want to exclude one module from the storage strip setup?

--- if I store some presets for, say, the g0, what happens if I run a CV into depth or width modulation? Can I modulate these parameters "externally" (through the front), while at the same time switching between presets from the storage strip?
bendedavis
All modules on the same busboard will receive storage/recall messages from the Storage Strip. The only way to separate them is to put them on different rows.
meatbeatz
I guess you could snip the CV/Gate wires on the ribbon cable for modules you don't want linked, or make a 10 wire cable? Looking forward to pairing this with my G0.
ether
Doepfer bus boards have some jumpers that can help with this. See the end of this page:

http://www.doepfer.de/a100_man/a100t_e.htm

BTW, John @ Mungo says its tricky but possible to desolder the g0 MIDI adapter to prevent it intercepting the Storage Strip signals. I have more questions before I do this though.
digidandy
Ok, so split control seems a bit hard, but how about sending CV signals to depth and width modulation, for example? While presets are being used from the storage strip?
bendedavis
digidandy wrote:
Ok, so split control seems a bit hard, but how about sending CV signals to depth and width modulation, for example? While presets are being used from the storage strip?

Values are saved and recalled for all knob positions including CV amount so if a preset has a different CV setting then modulation will be affected.
ether
Because I didn't want to fry my g0 with my lame desoldering skills, I shipped it back to John who kindly desoldered the MIDI board for me, AND tweaked the Storage Strip a bit as well, so it can drive my three chained modules (g0, d0, p0), AND he updated the DAC on the g0... all for nix.

thumbs up thumbs up

(Read back through this thread for background.)

If you have a Mungo module, get a Storage Strip immediately. Totally killer combo.
f33d
hi there,

I have finally a g0 and a storage strip and burning to use them properly.
I was wondering:
the zoom stettings go through the one pin zoom wire - correct?
& the storage-data goes through the bus board? I mean that sounds odd. I don't have to connect nothing from strip to g0? really? it just works like that through the board?
I was planning on getting a sequential switch matrix, but I don't want it to get influenced by the strip, because that sounds more like a loss of control...
I have just a monorocket with a make noise bus board (originally it was a shared system) - does that mean that the strip will control the switch matrix no matter where I place it & if I want it or not or?

thanks
ether
Yep - zoom goes through the 1 pin wire, and everything else goes through the CV bus.

Not sure how the make noise bus board is setup, but if the g0 and the SS are connected by the same CV line on the bus you'll be golden. Just make sure there aren't any other modules using the CV line or you'll get "unpredictable results" wink
gotascii
I have an SSM, d0, g0, storage strip, and MN power board and it works as I expect, meaning that presets on the d0 and g0 are stored and recalled predictably. However, I too have been a little curious as to why my SSM doesn't seem to be affected by saving and recalling presets. Maybe it _is_ and I just haven't noticed seriously, i just don't get it Has anyone else used the strip to control their SSM?
bendedavis
gotascii wrote:
I have an SSM, d0, g0, storage strip, and MN power board and it works as I expect, meaning that presets on the d0 and g0 are stored and recalled predictably. However, I too have been a little curious as to why my SSM doesn't seem to be affected by saving and recalling presets. Maybe it _is_ and I just haven't noticed seriously, i just don't get it Has anyone else used the strip to control their SSM?

WMD only made the SSM to pick up on the recall command from the Storage Strip. Saves can only be done locally with it.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next [all]
Page 2 of 4