MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Macro Machines Storage Strip: Shipping Now
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 [all]
Author Macro Machines Storage Strip: Shipping Now
listentoaheartbeat
My Storage Strip went up in flames. Not sure what happened, might have produced a short in my case. Swapped the burnt regulator but that didn’t fix it.

So I desperately need a new one. Does anyone know what’s up? If Macro Machines won’t make them any more, maybe someone else should come up with a similar module. I think it’s fairly straightforward.
Southfork
listentoaheartbeat wrote:
My Storage Strip went up in flames. Not sure what happened, might have produced a short in my case. Swapped the burnt regulator but that didn’t fix it.

So I desperately need a new one. Does anyone know what’s up? If Macro Machines won’t make them any more, maybe someone else should come up with a similar module. I think it’s fairly straightforward.

If you're really desperate. Varigate 8+ and varigate 4+ Will save and recall select bus presets.
jameswalk
Wish they’d go back into production. I’d gladly buy one.
listentoaheartbeat
Southfork wrote:

If you're really desperate. Varigate 8+ and varigate 4+ Will save and recall select bus presets.

Thanks, needs to be 4 hp though. Also the integrated zoom switch is handy, I much prefer the momentary buttons over the regular toggle switch.
Southfork
There is a document online with the select bus spec. I’m not sure if I have it anymore it’s done via midi so actually wouldn’t be that hard to make a version of it, saying that the protocol never really took off with little to no interest, so I’m guessing your out of luck unless you want to make one yourself, good luck!
listentoaheartbeat
Southfork wrote:
There is a document online with the select bus spec. I’m not sure if I have it anymore it’s done via midi so actually wouldn’t be that hard to make a version of it, saying that the protocol never really took off with little to no interest, so I’m guessing your out of luck unless you want to make one yourself, good luck!

Yeah, this sums up the situation. However, I think you could easily sell 200 modules with this functionality, maybe more. It makes any Mungo module much more controllable and there are a number of compatible modules including the Disting.

The module is super simple, it's essentially just an ATmega328P. If I had the code, I could probably fix mine easily by replacing the chip. Will try to read it out later on and see where that takes me.
gotascii
Just wanted to bump this thread with something I came across in Superbooth 2018 coverage: http://www.expert-sleepers.co.uk/selectbusbreakout.html It looks like Expert Sleepers is releasing a 4hp MIDI-based preset controller that uses the Storage Strip protocol. No Mungo zoom, but still looks hella useful.
Southfork
Excellent news, about time someone else did something with the select bus nanners
Dogma
Yeah there's quite a few modules using the select bus - all the new malekko modules that have a preset/save function....expert sleepers, mungo, macro ....maybe make noise too - I may have that one wrong....

I'd LOVE the harvestman mkiii modules to adopt it..
Southfork
Ok so I found this select bus document while rummaging through some old docs.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1YhPvAI6oliwLYSHhDholdAUym-TfBDGlxS T-zDCP-qw/edit?usp=sharing

Seeing the storage strips are as good as out of production now. It could be useful if someone fancies cramming so midi cc information on an AVR or something.
Chartreuse-J
Dogma wrote:
Yeah there's quite a few modules using the select bus - all the new malekko modules that have a preset/save function....expert sleepers, mungo, macro ....maybe make noise too - I may have that one wrong....

I'd LOVE the harvestman mkiii modules to adopt it..

You can switch and save states on the Tempi with MM SS.

From the Tempi Make Noise Manual

Quote:

"The Select Bus and Tempo Bus utilize the often-inactive CV and GATE Busses in the Eurorack system in order to allow remote (i.e.
patch-less) control of State Selection and Tempo for TEMPI and other modules designed with this standard in mind. Any number
of TEMPI on the same Bus Board can be controlled simultaneously by these signals, simplifying the process of macro-control over
complex changes in a patch."

"It is worth noting, TEMPI only receives messages over the Select/Tempo Busses. It does not transmit. To engage Bus Control,
enter the Bank Edit page and press Button-3. When the Select and Tempo Busses are enabled, the Tempo LED will ash Green
instead of Blue. Now, the TEMPI will be controllable by Clock and State Select signals coming through these Busses.
"
Paranormal Patroler

Ouch! That's good to know as I am looking for one. Not anymore.
listentoaheartbeat
Paranormal Patroler wrote:

Ouch! That's good to know as I am looking for one. Not anymore.

My post was not clear. I might have caused a short in my case, not the Storage Strip.

I have been able to fix it in the meantime, it was just the regulator after all. What do you want to use it for?
Paranormal Patroler
I want to see how useful it is with an Omnimod. It doesn't seem to be able to use all 64 (?) presets, so I'm considering other options. The Malekko modules are overkill if you just want to access save/load functions.

Similarly the ES is just MIDI input. I'd have to have an external programmer for this. Can the Disting work as a controller?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 [all]
Page 4 of 4