MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Macro Machines Storage Strip: Shipping Now
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next [all]
Author Macro Machines Storage Strip: Shipping Now
bendedavis

You can now purchase the Storage Strip on our site @ http://www.macromachines.net
Richard Devine
So rad, total game changer module!
digidandy
This may be the wrong place to ask, but won't Frames from Mutable be able to do something similar? And it will be compatible with a "any" module accepting CV?
bendedavis
This is just the first in a line of modules from Macro Machines. Our next modules will be chained to create as many channels as you need all controlled by the Storage Strip. As far as I know the Frames can't do any routing, only attenuation of signals to the respective outputs. With the Storage Strip you can control multiple WMD SSM's to route multiple signals all at once. Can the Frames be chained in any way?
dude
if there is no faceplate, aren't those leds in serious danger of getting bent and potentially causing shorts?
bendedavis
This is just a prototype. There was a small issue with this batch of PCBs that made it so the buttons I intended to put on it wouldn't fit. So I put in some small buttons I had laying around just to get the code written and tested. The new boards will be in by the end of the month and we will post an update once we have those built. We are in the process of getting faceplates made now. I'll post a render of the panel layout soon.
dude
ah good. the no faceplate craze is a really bad one imo. excited to see what the final product will show itself to look like. very cool idea regardless.
bendedavis
Updated original post with faceplate design
DonKartofflo
very nice!
ether
So no Mungo zoom switch on this now right, or did I miss something?
bendedavis
ether wrote:
So no Mungo zoom switch on this now right, or did I miss something?

The +/- on the panel are for Mungo zoom in and out
ether
Cool. Thanks. Will send later today.

I'm just catching up on these threads. Am I right in understanding there's other planned modules that will all work together using similar techniques?
bendedavis
ether wrote:
Cool. Thanks. Will send later today.

I'm just catching up on these threads. Am I right in understanding there's other planned modules that will all work together using similar techniques?

Yep, all of our upcoming modules will work with the Storage Strip. We should have a prototype of our next module very soon and it should ship shortly after the Storage Strip. It basically allows for voltage output to any of your existing modules and you will be able to chain multiple units.
ether
Nice. Thx for the update.
bendedavis
Currently working on making sure these are compatible with the Make Noise CTRLSEL series. Should have a completed module to show you guys by this weekend.
will8575
That looks very cool.
bendedavis
Here is the module with an acrylic faceplate

Still waiting on a few parts to build up this version and then I'll do a demo to show all the features this weekend.
bendedavis
New video uploaded going over the features of the Storage Strip.
bendedavis
I just added a 16 step sequence mode. Sequencing modes are recalled to their previous state on power up. Will post more video soon.
bendedavis
Storage Strip is now on Modulargrid

http://www.modulargrid.net/e/other-unknown-macro-machines-storage-stri p

PCBs for the first production run are being ordered this weekend as well as the faceplates.
bendedavis
A few units will ship this week. The next batch of PCBs should be here in a few weeks to get the rest of the pre-orders shipped.
ether
DELETED - answered my own question by reading this thread properly.
bendedavis
The acrylic plates are just for the beta version. We are still waiting on the aluminum faceplates to arrive and they will look like the ones on the Modulargrid picture.

We are also working on our website right now to allow you to order from there and we'll be putting up a manual soon.
bendedavis
The website is up now @ http://www.macromachines.net and the Storage Strip can be preordered there. We have most of the units built and they will ship out as soon as faceplates arrive.
bendedavis
Firmware update going out to beta testers this week. If all is well, units should ship by the end of the month. Faceplates should arrive this week.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next [all]
Page 1 of 4