MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Moog guitar
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Guitars, Basses, Amps & FX  
Author Moog guitar
thermionicjunky
http://www.moogmusic.com/

Check out the new Moog guitar. There was some skepticism about this, but it seems amazing ... and over 6 thousand dollars. I would kill for this and the Fucking Fucker!
futuresoundsystems
Holy holy holy holy holy holy holy holy crap.
I wonder what Bob would think about this...
Kwote
hmm. pretty fuckin interesting man.
plord
Sounds great. Amazing technology.

Looks like the worst of the 80's hair metal shredfest wanker pointy guitars, and no amount of AAAAA grade flames maple is going to hide that.
Kwote
plord wrote:
Looks like the worst of the 80's hair metal shredfest wanker pointy guitars, and no amount of AAAAA grade flames maple is going to hide that.

hihi
Moog$FooL$
LOL! to Plords comment. i'll 3rd that. lol

That guitar is maximum FUGLY!!! not sure why they chose that design???
Maybe Alain Holdsworth had something to do w/ it?

The price seems just as crazy too.
plord
Moog$FooL$ wrote:
The price seems just as crazy too.
Eh, the price is for the "special Paul Vo edition". I bet the "stage" or "performer" or whatever they call it version will street for $3K or less. Considering what people will pay for a "relic'ed" strat copy, that's a perfectly acceptable price.
J.w.M.
Good point about the 'street' price, Plord... I'm not crazy about the looks of this current offering, but I really do think I could find a place for the sound on a lot of my songs. Now if I only I played guitar...
plord
J.w.M. wrote:
Good point about the 'street' price, Plord... I'm not crazy about the looks of this current offering, but I really do think I could find a place for the sound on a lot of my songs. Now if I only I played guitar...

I'll bet anyone $100 that Steve Hillage will own one. The kind of sounds this guitar can do are ALL OVER his new release with Evan Marc (the Bluetech guy), _Dreamtime Submersible_, but he had to do it the hard way.

I'd seriously lust for one too, but I think I've already spent my one chance at an expensive guitar and I'm not 10% into exploring/exploiting it.
felix
The technology is really cool and I bet it would be really fun to play, at least for a little bit, but I don't think I could even shell out for whatever the street price for the stage/performer will be.

While it's not exactly the same thing, there is very little that compares to manipulating the feedback from a big loud amplifier. It's been a long time since I've had the opportunity to take my big amp and really turn it up, but the feeling is outstanding. Shove the headstock against the cab, grab a note, and hold on tight! SlayerBadger!

Sure, the argument there is that most (if not all) of us lack the luxury of being able to do that in our home studios...but even if it means going out into the garage for 15 minutes or so on saturday before neighbors call the cops...it's worth it.

What I would really have loved to have Moog make (and what I thought they did when first seeing the teaser for this thing months back) was a guitar with CV outs; one v/Oct out per string. I would shell out $3k for that, even if it did look like an Australian's nightmare.

For now, I'm going to try and get better at using my Ebow. Guinness ftw!
Chrome Dinette
I'll agree that the guitar is not the most attractive, but I think it is a very cool idea. Stick the guts in a Scott French guitar and you would really have something cool.
Chrome Dinette
Also, I once had a Fernandes guitar with a sustainer and it was either underwhelming or out of control, depending on amp gain. If the hype is to be believed, this might be way more useful.
Moog$FooL$
"it was either underwhelming or out of control, depending on amp gain."

This is a good point Chrome. We'll have to see down the road just how this guitar reacts with different amps & in various settings.... only time will tell.

I still can't stomach 'the cut of it's jib'.... hopefully they'll offer up the p-ups & electronics as a conversion package, but i somehow doubt it.

PS. I'm useless with computers, I can't seem to master the 'quote' tab??? Hence the reason it took me so long to join this forum after viewing it for so long.... I'm a scaredy cat! help
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Guitars, Basses, Amps & FX  
Page 1 of 1