MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Tiptop Audio - Circadian Rhythm
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 34, 35, 36  Next [all]
Author Tiptop Audio - Circadian Rhythm
Junk Rhythm
This module looks like a lot of fun:

jc3music
Replacement for the Trigger Riot?

Their z8000 isn't even plugged in!
Junk Rhythm
I wouldn't think of it as a replacement for the trigger Riot. Just another option for triggering drums, envelopes, etc. One for more straight forward sequencing and one for more experimental sequences.
jc3music
Trigger riot is my next piece, so you can see my concern.
Junk Rhythm
I'm keeping the Trigger Riot and then adding this one when it's available.
Paranormal Patroler
No, no. Just sell me your Trigger Riot, you don't have enough space for both. hihi
djthopa
This is the module im most looking forward from ALL the NAAM anouncements by far.....will it do Euclidian? Rockin' Banana!
Junk Rhythm
djthopa wrote:
This is the module im most looking forward from ALL the NAAM anouncements by far.....will it do Euclidian? Rockin' Banana!

No clue but it wouldn't be too hard to program that in via the buttons.
Junk Rhythm
Paranormal Patroler wrote:
No, no. Just sell me your Trigger Riot, you don't have enough space for both. hihi

The stack of extra frames lying in the floor tells me that I just might have room. hihi
EternalTurtle
I spotted a TT Quantizer next to the module. Looks like it has a lot of options, wonder if it can be connected to the circadian rhythm or any of their other modules. Either way it looks awesome.
Jimmersound
EternalTurtle wrote:
I spotted a TT Quantizer next to the module. Looks like it has a lot of options, wonder if it can be connected to the circadian rhythm or any of their other modules. Either way it looks awesome.

They had them connected when I was there. Here's a pic of the quantizer:

A Dingleberry Monstrosity
I hope each row or track or what have you have independent clocks!!! hyper

mmmmm..... independent clocks Homer Simpson
jc3music
So is the sequencer to replace the z8000? It is second on my list...
Junk Rhythm
jc3music wrote:
So is the sequencer to replace the z8000? It is second on my list...

I would doubt that as well. Both the Trigger Riot and Circadian Rhythm are aimed at triggers/gates. The Z8000 is for control voltages. They will pair nicely with a fine beer and a night in the studio.
Hirsbro
It is not to replace anything.. and that's the point, it is something different, another way to do things. its the kinda thing to use when you have an exact idea of what you want, where the trigger riot gives you things (patterns) you never would have thought of creating.. so the answer as always GET BOTH.
hpsounds

... from Andreas Schneider ! w00t

H.
ignatius
thanks for that video. pretty awesome you can sequence through presets to make longer patterns/songs and also zoom in/out to sequence steps at finer resolution.

tiptop is on the ball w/all that stuff. better and better modules!
LJX
I might get this instead of the trigger riot for now. The visual aspect of music making is really important to me and this looks right up my alley.

I do like the features of the TR but the setup makes me go ????

Better to start out w/ something easy to learn that still has the functionality I need.

(plus I'm a sucker for monome-style sequencing Mr. Green )
ignatius
LJX wrote:

(plus I'm a sucker for monome-style sequencing Mr. Green )

it's more like x0x box sequencing though isn't it? just on steroids.. healthy healthy steroids. Mr. Green
CJ Miller
Circadas are too noisy, they keep me up at nights during the summer!
LeFreq
I got a demo from Gur at NAMM and he said that (eventually?) the Circadian Rhythm will connect to the Trigger Riot so that when you change the preset or something, it will change it on the Trigger Riot too.

The CR is super deep and they are definitely moving towards a very unified system with all forthcoming modules, not just the Poly system (which I wish had been there). So, it definitely will not replace the TR. It's a different beast and it does a lot more than it looks like it does.

I filmed the demo and will get the video edited and posted on Monday. It seems like I got a bit more info than Schneider did, too.

thumbs up
Fleggy
LeFreq wrote:

I filmed the demo and will get the video edited and posted on Monday. It seems like I got a bit more info than Schneider did, too.

thumbs up

Looking forward to the demo video applause
ignatius
LeFreq wrote:
I got a demo from Gur at NAMM and he said that (eventually?) the Circadian Rhythm will connect to the Trigger Riot so that when you change the preset or something, it will change it on the Trigger Riot too.

The CR is super deep and they are definitely moving towards a very unified system with all forthcoming modules, not just the Poly system (which I wish had been there). So, it definitely will not replace the TR. It's a different beast and it does a lot more than it looks like it does.

thumbs up

awesome. looking forward to it. i'm sure there's a lot under the hood.
exmd
I need a bigger rack.
ActionMaxVA
Looks like something I would buy. I still want a trigger riot as well. So many modules so little time. Was there a showing of the A157? That also looks inspiring depending on its expansions. Im a sucker for grid/step sequencers. The Circadian looks to be so much more.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 34, 35, 36  Next [all]
Page 1 of 36