timestretch

A place to post links to your music, upload tracks and promote yourself.

Moderators: ignatius, Kent, Joe., analogdigital, infradead, lisa, parasitk, plord

sandyb

timestretch

Post by sandyb » Sun Jun 08, 2008 10:12 am

this weekend i have been playing with timestretching things

http://share.ovi.com/media/sandyb.public/sandyb.10009

not great on laptop speakers - lots of missing frequencies :(

sandy

Kwote
Voltage Controlled Crackpot

Post by Kwote » Sun Jun 08, 2008 1:13 pm

good thing i don't have a laptop. :hihi:
Self expression is as essential as breathing
kwotemusic.com
my other sites

consumed
International Filter Conspiracy

Post by consumed » Sun Jun 08, 2008 4:11 pm

very textural and metallic...i like this. interesting harmonics emerge as the sound morphs. that lowend is massive too. the stretching sounds good--what are you using? i found an outstanding program called paulstretch which excels at superduperlong stretching (up to 10000x) but this sounds very different, more defined and grainy.

sandyb

Post by sandyb » Sun Jun 08, 2008 4:29 pm

consumed wrote:very textural and metallic...i like this. interesting harmonics emerge as the sound morphs. that lowend is massive too. the stretching sounds good--what are you using? i found an outstanding program called paulstretch which excels at superduperlong stretching (up to 10000x) but this sounds very different, more defined and grainy.
thanks. i just used the timestretch feature in cubase. it started as a long modular improv which i chopped into pieces and layered. i then timestretched these pieces varying amounts, put it all into one .wav file and timestretched that a bit too. cubase maxes at x1000 but i processed some pieces more than once. there's some reverb, compression and eq in there as well - just the basic cubase ones. i'll have a look at the paulstretch program - sounds interesting.

sandyb

Post by sandyb » Mon Jun 09, 2008 4:22 pm

i tried paulstretch this evening. a great program - lots of possibilities.

Return to “Your Tunes Here”