MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Information
FINALLY! I believe I have gotten to the bottom of the invalid session and logout issues. Please continue to report your own experience in the appropriate threads in the "Forum Discussion and Requests" subforum. Thank you all for your patience and support! <3

Introducing 5 New ADDAC 300 Series Expressive Controls
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> ADDAC System  
Author Introducing 5 New ADDAC 300 Series Expressive Controls
ADDAC System
Hi!

We’ve been silently working on a few solutions for new/diferent expression aproaches, from a whole range of ideas we came out with 5, compact, straight forward modules that we’re very happy with!

Here’s the newcomers to our ADDAC300 Expressive Controls Series,
From left to right: ADDAC300 Power Starvation, ADDAC301 Floor Control, ADDAC301B Dual Expression Attenuator, ADDAC301C Dual Sustain Switcher, ADDAC303 Muscle Sensing

http://addacsystem.com/products/ADDAC300%20Series

---------------------------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------

ADDAC300 Power Starvation

http://www.addacsystem.com/product/addac300-series/addac300

Power starvation is the first hack that any "DIY'er" learn, it's also one of the hacks that can generate some of the most interesting sonic effects in circuit bending.
We thought of bringing this principle to the modular world, plug any module of your choice through it and independently tune it's ± power.
This will have most interesting effects in analog modules: filters, delays, mixers... They can either go silent or start screaming at your ears, going berserk with the lack of current to behave normally, making them cough, choke, go spastic... Something like a safelly induced heart attack...

Two IDC connectors on the back allow for independently plug 2 modules of your choice.
Bypass switches for easy operation.
The trimmers allow for setting a minimum voltage plateau, most modules will shut down from 3 to 10v these trimmers allow to set them at the right sweet spot and enjoy the full range of the pot for the power starving.

Specs: Width: 4 HP, Depth: 4 cm, Max current: 5mA
, Bus Board Cable: 8 × 2 IDC (Doepfer style) connector
Price: 70,00 € (ETA 1 Month)

---------------------------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------

ADDAC301 Floor Control

http://www.addacsystem.com/product/addac300-series/addac301

While we were working on our new VC Stompboxes we tested several expression pedals and it became clear to us that most often, while playing a modular system, our hands are busy, cables around our neck, some between our teeth and still our feet are normally free.
It's also kinda normal to have an expression pedal lying around somewhere so we thought of bringing these back, clean up the dust and put them to good use.

This module allows the connection of any standard expression and sustain pedal.

The expression pedal action can be fine tunned with Range and Offset knobs.
Range defines the voltage range (-10v, +10v).
Offset transposes the range by (-5v, +5v).
Two leds, plus and minus, monitor the CV Output
Positive and inverted output jacks.

The sustain pedal action will generate a gate signal on the gate output.
One led monitors this output.

Also features a bus board +5v Adaptor, this will be able to provide +5v to any bus board.
This feature can be removed through a jumper on the back of the module.

Specs: Width: 4 HP, Depth: 4 cm, Max current: 20mA
Price: 70,00 € (already available)

ADDAC301B Dual Expression Attenuator

http://www.addacsystem.com/product/addac300-series/addac301b

Passive dual expression pedal attenuator.
Plug any CV or audio source through it and control it's amplitude through any standard expression pedal.

Invert switch for inverting the expression pedal action.

Specs: Passive Module, Width: 4 HP, Depth: 3 cm
Price: 65,00 € (already available)

ADDAC301C Dual Sustain Switcher

http://www.addacsystem.com/product/addac300-series/addac301c

Passive dual sustain pedal switcher.
Plug any CV or audio source through it and control it's state (on / off) through any standard sustain pedal.

Specs: Passive Module, Width: 4 HP, Depth: 3 cm
Price: 60,00 € (already available)

ADDAC303 Muscle Sensing

http://www.addacsystem.com/product/addac300-series/addac303

This module introduces a totally new interaction principle, using electrodes to sense body muscles tension.
You can stick them to your arm and clench your fist, to your leg and tap your tempo, to your band bass player or drummer... you name it.

Features:
Gain knob adjusts the output's voltage range (±10V)
Offset adjusts initial range position (±10V)
Smooth switch allows hard and soft smoothing of the raw sensor output.
Positive and inverted CV Outputs
Comparator Gate out with Threshold knob

Module ships with electrodes.

Specs: Width: 4 HP, Depth: 4 cm, Max current: 60mA
Price:180,00 € (ETA 1 Month)

All the best,
ADDAC Team
Nantonos
ADDAC301 Floor Control looks very handy, says above that it is available now but I don't see it listed at any UK or European modular shop. Are they all just out of stock or has this not quite shipped yet?
sandyb
addac sell a lot of their modules direct. they're good people to deal with.

http://www.addacsystem.com/order
Nantonos
Thanks sandyb will give that a go.
Nantonos
Well, contacting ADDAC directly (right after my previous post) does not seem to have produced any response. Nor have they responded in their own section of the forum - odd.

Time to look for alternatives from other manufacturers, or DIY, perhaps?
Nantonos
A week later and still nothing either here or via email. So much for contacting them directly. Are they still in business?
__ag
Dear nantonos,
I cant find any email from you on our inbox, could you send us a new one?
Best
Andre
m5n
nice stuff.
Nantonos
__ag wrote:
Dear nantonos,
I cant find any email from you on our inbox, could you send us a new one?

Hi Andre,

It was sent using your contact form. If that is broken, please pm or post your contact email address.
__ag
Hello!

Glad to tell that all these modules (besides Power Starvation) are now in stock and shipping including the ADDAC303 Muscle Sensing!
Drop us an email if interested!

all the very best
andre

scottmoon
Mmmm, muscle sensing. Wire me up. screaming goo yo
__ag
New Videos for ADDAC303 Muscle Sensing

These are now in stock and shipping!

scottmoon
dan_k
Thanks for the update, those muscle sensors look cool.

Any timeline on when the power starve will be available?
Hari Seldon
Thinking about getting the muscle sensing. Anybody using it?
DickMarker
Hari Seldon wrote:
Thinking about getting the muscle sensing. Anybody using it?

Likewise - would love to see another demo (not that the ADDAC one is bad in any way).
mafouka
Can anyone confirm if the 301 Floor Control outputs a constant gate signal for as long as the Sustain pedal is pressed inward (like Latch mode)?

Also, is the Roland EV-5 expression pedal and Boss FS-5U / 5L compatible with the 301?
MatrixModulator
I'm i the only one that really loves theses modules and concepts but hesitate to buy them because of the red color ? :S
mafouka
mafouka wrote:
Can anyone confirm if the 301 Floor Control outputs a constant gate signal for as long as the Sustain pedal is pressed inward (like Latch mode)?

Also, is the Roland EV-5 expression pedal and Boss FS-5U / 5L compatible with the 301?

If anyone else was wondering, all of the above is confirmed by yours truly.

Floor control = so underrated

MatrixModulator wrote:
I'm i the only one that really loves theses modules and concepts but hesitate to buy them because of the red color ? :S

yes
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> ADDAC System  
Page 1 of 1