MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Good guitar modules
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Author Good guitar modules
sgnhh
I've been waiting on getting a Doepfer Ext. Input for my modular before hooking my POS guitar up to it to see what effects I can draw, but then I realized that I can just do the same thing by running the guitar through my TM-7 and then to the modular. Quite an easy way to bring it up to the right levels, can't believe I didn't think of it before.

Anyway, does anyone have any suggestions for modules that can really scum a guitar's sound? I want something that sounds extremely fat and deep. I've tried routing it into various ins on my VCO--and while that sounds cool--it isn't really what I'm looking for. Right now I've been running something like this, which I really like

guitar>tm-7>multi
multi1>mixer
multi2>harvestman polivoks w/pink noise into the freq. cuttoff>mixer

So I guess what I'm looking for is a module that isn't necessarily a filter that can do some low-end audio processing. I was thinking about the Tyme Sefari, but I think there might be others that suit my needs better. Does anyone here have a Malgorithm? I'd like to stick to the low-end and that module just seems like it's gonna pull me way too high.

If anyone has or can make guitar demos with the Tyme Sefari or Malgorithm, that'd be awesome. Or feel free to make suggestions as to what else I should consider.
Kwote
try a wave folder. either CGS, Bananalogue, STG

the pulse out stays in the low end. not sure about guitar but i'd bet it'd be cool. also a ringmod could be good if it has frequency control as long as you keep it in the lower range.

also the mini-wave is great for distortion.
sgnhh
Thanks for the suggestions, but I'm looking for Euro only stuff. Or stomp boxes that don't kill volume.
Cat-A-Tonic
If you are going into a mixing board then it doesn't matter as much if your pedal sucks volume. Just balance it with your louder channels of other effects and clean.
Look for effects that have an expression pedal input so that you can CV them!

Banalogue WVX, and Doepfer Wave Multiplier are in Euro, and the Mini-wave will apparently be available in Euro as a Plan B mod kit.
The CGS Wave Multiplier or Tube VCA are things you could DIY in Euro.

I LOVE using the Metasonix TS-21 Hellfire on guitar. SlayerBadger!
AMAZING sustain + stereo tremolo.

I drool over the Cwejman Parametric Resonator although I'm not sure how much it differs from their Parametric EQ.
Kwote
Cat-A-Tonic wrote:
If you are going into a mixing board then it doesn't matter as much if your pedal sucks volume. Just balance it with your louder channels of other effects and clean.
Look for effects that have an expression pedal input so that you can CV them!

Banalogue WVX, and Doepfer Wave Multiplier are in Euro, and the Mini-wave will apparently be available in Euro as a Plan B mod kit.
The CGS Wave Multiplier or Tube VCA are things you could DIY in Euro.

I LOVE using the Metasonix TS-21 Hellfire on guitar. SlayerBadger!
AMAZING sustain + stereo tremolo.

I drool over the Cwejman Parametric Resonator although I'm not sure how much it differs from their Parametric EQ.


exactly. that's why i suggested the things i did. definately Euro.
zerosum
Cat-A-Tonic wrote:


I LOVE using the Metasonix TS-21 Hellfire on guitar. SlayerBadger!
AMAZING sustain + stereo tremolo.


I love the TM-1 with guitars, waveshapers in general are a good time with guitars, so is the miniwave.

The TM-1 needs an EG ran into the VCA CV in to really get the best out of it and open the amp up all the way.
felix
Big up on the Malgorithm. I don't have one (yet) but bit crushers are way fun on guitars, and quite destructive.

I'm having a hard time deciding on getting the Malgo module, or waiting for the Empty Quiver guitar pedal version...it's likely I'll just get both.
Kwote
felix wrote:
Big up on the Malgorithm. I don't have one (yet) but bit crushers are way fun on guitars, and quite destructive.

I'm having a hard time deciding on getting the Malgo module, or waiting for the Empty Quiver guitar pedal version...it's likely I'll just get both.


i'm kind of curious for you guys who mess with modules and pedals, what is the appeal to going with pedals if a module can do the same or similar things? is it just the stomping aspect?
zerosum
Quote:

i'm kind of curious for you guys who mess with modules and pedals, what is the appeal to going with pedals if a module can do the same or similar things? is it just the stomping aspect?


There really isn't much need for guitar pedals with all the modular options out there.
The things to consider is that sometimes powering and housing all these modules can cost way more than the pedal, but it can also do way more, like be used for synthesis and is complete with CV ins.
Pedals are portable, that is a big factor, its a lot easier to carry a fuzzbox in my backback then a 4 space rack of modules.
Plus they are a lot sturdier and replaceable than a module, pedals can be kicked around and still function, whereas a module is much more precious Mr. Green

In terms of sound, I would rather have modules than stompers.
But some of pedals I got before I had a modular,and some i got for a lot cheaper than a module would cost when i did get a modular start.

Its fun to have both
futuresoundsystems
Not trying to really plug here, just thought I'd let you know:
The FSS Decade Counter DC1 totally rips up a guitar as you can hear here
D/A A/D
futuresoundsystems wrote:
Not trying to really plug here, just thought I'd let you know:
The FSS Decade Counter DC1 totally rips up a guitar as you can hear here


you need a user name and password to get on that site man.
felix
zerosum wrote:
Pedals are portable, that is a big factor, its a lot easier to carry a fuzzbox in my backback then a 4 space rack of modules.
Plus they are a lot sturdier and replaceable than a module, pedals can be kicked around and still function, whereas a module is much more precious Mr. Green

Yeah, those are the only appeals of a pedal for me.
futuresoundsystems
D/A A/D wrote:
futuresoundsystems wrote:
Not trying to really plug here, just thought I'd let you know:
The FSS Decade Counter DC1 totally rips up a guitar as you can hear here


you need a user name and password to get on that site man.

Gah it's in my private files.
Public link
REwire
Another + for the Malgorithm. Not just the Bit Crushing ability but all the distortion modes are beyond what most pedals do.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Page 1 of 1
Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group