MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Malekko Noise Ring - sync'd random clock - help?!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Author Malekko Noise Ring - sync'd random clock - help?!
Exuviae
Hello-

I'm wondering if it is possible to achieve random, but sync'd clocks/triggers etc. from the Noisering based on giving it an external clock/gate etc. to sync to.

Can anyone help shed some light here. I had problems in the past trying to get it to sync to external sources and still be able to CV control the Chance and things to get constantly evolving, but random stuff to stay in sync with the rest of the family.

Can anyone help with this?

I have read many of the other posts about this module, but didn't see this specific topic addressed.

Thanks!
Brooks
Yohda
Quote:
I had problems in the past trying to get it to sync to external sources and still be able to CV control the Chance and things to get constantly evolving, but random stuff to stay in sync with the rest of the family.

Just use the external input for the clock, set the swith to "Clock In", it shouldn't be a problem with the others controls, they are independants.

If you want a random clock synced to your other stuff, use an external random clock synced to the rest of your system.

For a random clock, you can use a S/H, send your clock to the "clock in" and use the S/H output as a trigger, if the output is high enough , it can be used as a trigger, so it will not trigger at every clock.
mono-poly
Or patch one off the noisering outputs to a slope detector for random gates.
Exuviae
Thanks guys!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Page 1 of 1