MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

KORG to Remake ARP Odyssey
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 29, 30, 31  Next [all]
Author KORG to Remake ARP Odyssey
dubnspace
Quote:
Tokyo, Japan - February 17, 2014 - KORG INC. is proud to announce that a faithful recreation of the legendary 1970s analog synthesiser, the ARP Odyssey, is being developed by Korg for release later in 2014.

http://www.korg.com/us/news/2014/0217/#sthash.35nEWPrP.dpuf
dubnspace
lol, 3 threads pop up at once!
Kaput
Korg are on fire right now. Great idea. thumbs up

I wonder if this is down to the young guy at Korg who was partly responsible for the recent analog stuff? He seems to have some good ideas.
dude
i may be alone in this but holy shit i hope they use the ppc pad interface. i found that to be the most expressive of any synth i have ever played.
Test2
man they are sure stepping it up!! where´s this gonna end?! a new EMS synthi 100?! Om
frequencycentral
KORG:ARP:WTF!
moogboy
Dead Banana Dead Banana Dead Banana Dead Banana Dead Banana Dead Banana Dead Banana Dead Banana Dead Banana Dead Banana MY ASS IS BLEEDING MY ASS IS BLEEDING MY ASS IS BLEEDING MY ASS IS BLEEDING MY ASS IS BLEEDING MY ASS IS BLEEDING MY ASS IS BLEEDING MY ASS IS BLEEDING MY ASS IS BLEEDING MY ASS IS BLEEDING

I WANT IT.
jmcecil
dude wrote:
i may be alone in this but holy shit i hope they use the ppc pad interface.

lol, I think you are alone ... I've had 3 chances to re-acquire an Odyssey at a reasonable price. I decided against it every time because of the pad. eek!
a100user
Why the Oddy when they could make me a PS3200 waah
_seph
hyper MY ASS IS BLEEDING BOOM! Dead Banana

dude wrote:
i may be alone in this but holy shit i hope they use the ppc pad interface. i found that to be the most expressive of any synth i have ever played.

nope, I totally second this. I loved my mkIII, those pads were great.

I doubt I'll repurchase an Odyssey but this is amazing news! that is easily one of the greatest synths that I've ever used ...but now I'm wondering if they'll reissue the 2600 also... there seems to be a lot of interest in the Two Thousand Six Hundred kit.

just wow... I prefer to see tech advance and develop but because a thing is old does not mean it is obsolete. the Odyssey is a brilliant instrument that definitely deserves more life.
abstraktor
Could this lead to Korg re-issuing the 2500 and 2600 somewhere down the line? Probably not, but Korg are going for it on many fronts (witnessing their new iPad Gadgets thing as well as their Ms20 and LittleBits) whereas Roland are........well, we all know from that Aira thread..
A PS3200 would be nice, but maybe too complex to replicate the original circuits and hook up without very intensive labour. There's a YT video that shows the open panels and boards.... eek!
dubnspace
the pic of the prototype shows it has ppc pads
exper
IMO, korg just completely stole Roland's limelite. Not that I was interested in the aira line anyway. But this just highlights their disconnect.

This is beautiful, and frankly, I might be down for one. I had an oddy and an axxe back in the day. Loved them. Great sound, and both offered interesting features beyond your average mono synth.
flo
Sweet! SlayerBadger!

What rev. will it likely be though...?

And what's CBS saying about this, I thought they own the right to the name...?
chamomileshark
looks interesting.

having (sort of) understood the rationale for having a reduced size MS20 I wonder if this will be full size, looks from the pic it will be.

So I wonder if they will now do a full sized MS20 (rather than a kit)
dubnspace
Quote:
Korg is also proud to welcome Mr David Friend as our chief advisor on the Odyssey. David Friend established ARP Instruments, Inc. along with Alan Robert Pearlman and is a past president of ARP Instruments, Inc. He was also the lead designer of the original Odyssey in addition to designing or co-designing many other products. - See more at: http://www.korg.com/us/news/2014/0217/#sthash.35nEWPrP.6kshmT7l.dpuf

Wonder if this just the start of a the Korg/Arp line of products..
jmcecil
chamomileshark wrote:
So I wonder if they will now do a full sized MS20 (rather than a kit)

Am I the only one that thinks the pseudo-kit was nothing more than a way to ship smaller boxes?
waves_of_awesome
WOW woah

On the other hand, I'm becoming overwhelmed.
studio1dk
Double post
studio1dk
Will it be a mini - like the ms-20 mini?

Keld
Stereotactixxx
INCREDIBLY interesting and surprising move.
Bravo, KORG!
Luap
Korg has become an almost constant stream of unexpected surprises!
infradead
exper wrote:
IMO, korg just completely stole Roland's limelite. Not that I was interested in the aira line anyway. But this just highlights their disconnect.

This is beautiful, and frankly, I might be down for one. I had an oddy and an axxe back in the day. Loved them. Great sound, and both offered interesting features beyond your average mono synth.

korg just did more with one announcement than rolands whole release teasing strategy

xclark
infradead wrote:

korg just did more with one announcement than rolands whole release teasing strategy

so true! is it bad that this makes me smile? hihi
chamomileshark
so when are Yamaha going to bring out the analogue revival version of the DX7?

(I'll get me coat...)
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 29, 30, 31  Next [all]
Page 1 of 31