MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index

FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Information
Working on fixing the 'session logged out' issue - please log out and log back in as there is a new cookie name. It MAY be worse for a while, sorry. We'll see... I'm working on it. Thanks

Marble Physics...huh?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> ADDAC System  
Author Marble Physics...huh?

ether^ra

Can anyone gives me some insights into the functions/patching of the Marble Physics, and perhaps some possible uses?
Thanks
JHohn
http://wovertices.tumblr
http://etherra.blogspot.com

Paranormal Patroler

Apart from being one of the most interesting modules out there you mean? lol

Do you own an O'Tool?

Adamalthus

The module generates x, y and trigger CV output based on the physics of a marble rolling about on a curved surface and bumping against the edges of the surface. You get to input various parameters, x,y tilt of the surface, velocity and elasticity of marble etc.

They have a rather brilliant simulator for the product here: http://www.addacsystem.com/product/addac500-series/addac503-marble-phy sics where you can play around with a virtual version of the module.

Paranormal Patroler

Also, check Buchephalus Bouncing Ball from Aphex Twin and you're on the right track.

Adamalthus

Paranormal Patroler wrote:
Also, check Buchephalus Bouncing Ball from Aphex Twin and you're on the right track.

Mind - and track collection - suitably expanded. Thanks thumbs up

Paranormal Patroler

applause

rasseru

Is this thing the ultimate in bouncy ball/stringy modules then?

Is there an online manual ? I know there's the interactive guide but that doesnt always make total sense. Same with the lissajou curves .. interesting but a good manual would help

monads

I just picked up this module! My first ADDAC module w00t

Looking forward to playing with later this week.

Paranormal Patroler

Do you have an oscilloscope of any kind? It helps a lot.

monads

I had an O'Tool but sold it for the future pending +/enhanced version! So no for right now.

Paranormal Patroler

Well, be sure to buy the new version when you can. I'm telling you, it will make a big difference in understanding the functionality of this module if you have an O'Tool connected to it. You'll love it!

monads

I keep eying the ADDAC205 Dual Oscilloscope. Would that be a good companion as well???

Paranormal Patroler

If it accepts two inputs and can do Lissajous, then yes. What you need is that last mode on the O'Tool that made weird shapes? That's Lissajous. If you use that with the Marbles you can see the point moving on the XY grid so you understand when it bounces etc etc. It's easy to figure out what the module does if you have visual feedback! thumbs up

monads

Thanks for the input! Don't believe the ADDAC205 can do Lissajous, although has two inputs. So for now, I'll just have to wing it until the new O'Tool or similar counterpart is released.

Paranormal Patroler

Ask ADDAC to make sure if it does. But just make sure you don't give up on the Marble Physics unless you've seen it work with a visual feedback. I know people can be dissuaded by its functionality as it can be difficult to figure out.

Good luck and have fun!

monads

Maybe it can do Lissajous figures, I just had a look at the description on Schneider's website:

"ADDAC 205 - Details: You operate each oscilloscope with a menu and four buttons. Besides the oscilloscope function the ADDAC 205 also has other features like voltage metering, X/Y-oscilloscope for creating Lissajous figures and more. There´s a trigger input for synchronizong the refresh rate to external signals. Each channel has two signal inputs with commutable switches. The arbitrary waveform generator vcan create sine, triangle and sawtooth waves."

But it's not clear from ADDAC specs or other sites. I better inquire ADDAC.

Update: Looks like it has an X-Y mode! Since there's no harm in having a dedicated oscilloscope on hand anyway...I ordered w00t Still plan on picking up the O'Tool+ if ever released.

monads

monads

.....with the Marbles you can see the point moving on the XY grid so you understand when it bounces etc etc. It's easy to figure out what the module does if you have visual feedback! thumbs up

Any tips/settings for keeping the ball center of plane???

Paranormal Patroler

I can only give you guidelines for the O'Tool as I don't own an ADDAC205.

monads

would the oscilloscope make a difference??? I can visually see what the marble is doing on the ADDAC205 in X/Y mode, and bouncing. last night I experimented with adjusting the X & Y Tilt's separately, trying to center the marble when combined/triggered manually (no other CV Ins). I had more luck with settings in Bipolar mode, but more often the marble comes to a rest in one corner hihi

figured you may have some tricks on marbles with settings.

it's actually pretty fun to play with! I didn't even bother patching yet. I more/less got a kick out of watching the marble bounce around the screen and adjusting settings.

Paranormal Patroler

I thought you wanted tips about centering it on screen, 'cause it makes a difference if the O'Tool is in 5V/10V mode etc etc. I'll see what my optimal settings for the Marble are and I'll let you know.

Told you that visual feedback is much fun!

monads

I thought you wanted tips about centering it on screen, 'cause it makes a difference if the O'Tool is in 5V/10V mode etc etc. I'll see what my optimal settings for the Marble are and I'll let you know.

Told you that visual feedback is much fun!

shoot, well see what your optimal settings are anyway, and I'll see if I can duplicate playing around marbles and settings on the 205!

yes, a scope for this module seems a requirement!

jeanclaudevanlee

This in an old subject but does anybody know about any audio plugin that simulates gravity and physics? Some Max4Live patch perhaps? Besides ADDAC I would like to use it also for sounds in my computer.

MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> ADDAC System  
Page 1 of 1