MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

makenoise matrix sequencer
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next [all]
Author makenoise matrix sequencer
johnnymad
just saw this pic on makenoise's twitter. i thought it might be rosie, but after further review, it isn't. anyways it still looks cool.

matrixsequencer
apfEID
looks like the larger matrixseq to me.
johnnymad
yeah. i just saw that pic too.
coomby
I won't run to any conclusions here, but it looks a little too big to what i was hoping. I thought the whole point of these new matrix seq. was to reduce space compared to the a155.
tIB
^ looks like theres space for touch panels to me...

EDIT I should add I dont have a clue what Im talking about I just enjoy wild speculation thumbs up
MrManson
Well, there seem to be plenty of connectors over on the "empty" side of the board, so you could be right (http://twitpic.com/j9r38).

Wild indeed hyper
Mr White
wtf! it's wider than my ass! eek!

that's a bad bad thing, I was hoping something slimmer like first sketches...
Soundwave
i like it, those touch panels, maybe a concept which is similar to the srge tkb...
NV
I hope it does include touch panels or some other unique approach personally, regardless of size. TipTop is coming out with a matrix sequencer in a matter of weeks, and frankly I would much rather see two offerings that are different enough to warrant both of them existing than have two practically identical sequencers that are competing for the same space. I don't think having such close and direct competition in a market as small as ours is good for anybody, particularly with the smaller boutique manufacturers.
MrManson
NV wrote:
... frankly I would much rather see two offerings that are different enough to warrant both of them existing...

+1 - these two are going to be great - definitely room for both of them Guinness ftw!
blungo2
I think i could make space for it, especially if it had touch panels.
Nuuj
I would guess a monome like array of buttons from that pic.
coomby
I have a dilemma here. Although I agree it makes no sense to have that kind of competition,

I really want a TTA sized sequencer but would much rather have Make Noise aesthetics.

This is going to sound very controversial but I have NO interest in touch panels and I absolutely hate the TTA look (which is completely opposite to the way I visualise a synth).

Sorry to the faint hearted... BOOM!
but please remember "freedom of thought & expression" Hug
itijik
I'm not really fond of the TTA look either (except the dsp panel...hot!), but the functionality of the sequencer helps me see past the panel style.

on topic:
If there is some kind of performance element built in this mug, I would definitely be interested. But panel space is so limited for me right now waah
porfiry
I just wish there were QMMGs at AH. sad banana
Mr White
coomby wrote:

I really want a TTA sized sequencer but would much rather have Make Noise aesthetics.

fuckin holy words dude!
Glitchmachines
This does stir my plans up quite a bit.

Not to say it isn't super exciting though 8_)
Montag
hot dog! Psyched about this, especially especially if it has touch plates!

I might get the TTA matrix as well just to have the option of having a smaller size sequencer if needed.
justin3am
I want a pair of these so hard!!!1! screaming goo yo
wetterberg
the interesting bit in that pic is definitely all that space off to the side; it looks like it's going to be the aforementioned touch plates - which really makes this an ideal :companion: to the TTA one SlayerBadger!
Glitchmachines
Forgive me, but I don't see what's so hot about the touch plates...

someone please explain it to me...
wetterberg
it's a way to play your modular. That's about it, really. It could be normal buttons, too, for all I care; it's just a means to get some playability in there.
Glitchmachines
Ah, ok that's what I was thinking. Well, it is cool to have the option I suppose.

You would really have to have a certain type of slanted case for it to be convenient to play all the time though.

Well whatever, Tony always exceeds my expectations and I have no doubt I will pick this up as soon as it is released (which may well be tomorrow considering the Maths attack!)
Xiaodaner
wetterberg wrote:
it's a way to play your modular. That's about it, really. It could be normal buttons, too, for all I care; it's just a means to get some playability in there.

+1 point for touch plates: can last longer than mechanical buttons (?);

+1 point again for touch plates: you can do some geeky pcb graphics with touch plates, while it will require a nailist to add pictures on buttons.

applause
BananaPlug
When I think touchplates I think of not just getting a gate pulse but also getting a capacitance based "pressure" CV. Like on a TKB.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next [all]
Page 1 of 3