MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms Of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioWiggler Radio   SearchSearch   Muff Wiggler Blog & NewsBlog & News   Muff Wiggler StoreMW Store 
 RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 

New ADDAC210 Open Heart Surgery
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Author New ADDAC210 Open Heart Surgery

anselmi

truly insane! eurorack and Arduino development board! coming soon!

mkndr

This is amazing. Any word on when it'll be available?

ben_hex

Crazy!

djthopa

yes! hope we get more info soon!

phase ghost

Aside from some pre-wired switches and jacks, how is this different from breadboarding some shit with an Arduino and interfacing with your rack directly?

ADDAC System

Hello,

a brief feature list to follow up on the image, still writing the texts down, soon i'll put it up on the website!

Frontpanel Layout

ADDAC210 OPEN HEART SURGERY features

.On/Off Power switch
.Current consumption 3 led display with short circuit protection shutdown via electro-mechanical relays triggered when above 700mA:
150mA, 400mA, 700mA/OFF
.Arduino shield headers in the back, usb cable comes out from the side, all arduino pins in the front panel!

.Main power connections:
-12V, GND, +12V

.Secondary power connections (variable voltage regulators) adjustable via the front panel small trimpots:
-3/10V, +3/10V

.Frontpanel parts:
1x breadboard

2x 10K Pots
1x 50k Pot
2x 100k Pots
1x 1M Pot

4x Leds
1x Photocell

2x SPST (normally open) push switches
1x DPDT (on/on) toggle switch
1x SPDT (on/on) toggle switch
2x SPDT (on/off/on) toggle switches

1x 3.5mm stereo jack
5x 3.5mm mono jack
1x 1/4'' stereo jack

.Comes with 1M Long power cable to have it outside any frame.

An optional parts kit will also be available.

Estimated Price: 270-320€

Early bird price: 250€
if 5 users commit to this we'll push it into production and plan of having these ready in 3-5 weeks!

As always drop us an email or PM.

all the very best
andre

djthopa

Id like to know how are the connections between the breadboard and the controls.

This shit looks great!!!!

ADDAC System

Hello,

Hope this helps clarifying connections, all front panel parts: pots, switches, jacks... are available at one point in the top female headers, for ex: Pot 1&2 are available at the top left 2nd connector printed "POT 1/2" pot legs are then identified by LCR, or Left Lug, Center Lug, Right Lug.
switches are marked UCD: up pin, center pin, down pin.
Jacks are marked: LR, left, rigth for stereo jack & T,SW for tip and tip switch, jack sleeves are internally connected to ground.
This way all points are available directly from the top.
The use of up, down, left, right, is meant to be more immediate while recalling which pins are which.

A jumper wires pack will also be provided.

all the very best
andre

djthopa

Hey Andre, thanks for the info.

Im up for one thumbs up

botstein

PM sent - I definitely want one.

Paranormal Patroler

Andre you provide the Eurorack word with the most amazing modules. we're not worthy

malnatim

this looks very exciting. i'm not sure exactly what i'd do with it yet, but i think that's part of the appeal. i only got into eurorack in october last year. imo being exposed to the guts of the equipment and the reminder that it's all made of roughly the same basic elements has quickly led me to trying some diy modules. this felt good, and electronics kits are something i hadn't worked on since i was about 15 (24 years ago). now i'm about to start making my own enclosure. again, fine woodworking is something i used to love but haven't really done since i was a teen.

what i'm trying to say is eurorack has enriched my life way beyond just the music making! this module looks like it might be great for my brain and my music.

also, i've got to say the addac modules i have are fantastic! complex random, fixed filter bank, wav player and quantizer are all amazing.
andre and sandra have been very helpful and friendly. A+ after-sales support!

cannonball swandive

PM sent, I will also take one.

Tombola

So brilliant - this obviously isn't any different to putting together a bunch of circuits yourself, but it's quicker, easier, safer and hopefully will get a load of people into DIY.

malnatim

i'd love to know what some of the "early bird" takers intend to do with this. excuse my ignorance, but it could be interesting and helpful to know.

if addac / thonk offered some designs / kits to compliment this module it would really become attractive to people who are interested but complete diy novices.

Tombola

The Beavis Board was a great model: really well documented projects:

http://www.beavisaudio.com/bboard/

cannonball swandive

@Malnatim-this is intended for proto development and those who like to tinker in general. I've made a few if these types of boards in the past and they are great if you're into diy electronics and circuit development. For me the draw is the craftsmanship and quality of the board. Looks very nice. I'm stoked about it!

s0lo

This is like "Hey, we give up, you thinka somethin"

No. Just kidding. hihi

Igor Berlin

malnatim wrote:
this looks very exciting. i'm not sure exactly what i'd do with it yet, but i think that's part of the appeal. i only got into eurorack in october last year. imo being exposed to the guts of the equipment and the reminder that it's all made of roughly the same basic elements has quickly led me to trying some diy modules. this felt good, and electronics kits are something i hadn't worked on since i was about 15 (24 years ago). now i'm about to start making my own enclosure. again, fine woodworking is something i used to love but haven't really done since i was a teen.

what i'm trying to say is eurorack has enriched my life way beyond just the music making! this module looks like it might be great for my brain and my music.

also, i've got to say the addac modules i have are fantastic! complex random, fixed filter bank, wav player and quantizer are all amazing.
andre and sandra have been very helpful and friendly. A+ after-sales support!

That's a crazy coincidence... this text is true for me in every word, except for the last paragraph, since I don't have any ADDAC modules.

ADDAC System

There's 4 interested users already, 1 more to go!

all the very best
andre

Adamalthus

ADDAC System wrote:
There's 4 interested users already, 1 more to go!

all the very best
andre

Just PM'd you so I hope I'm either one of the four - or the fifth Guinness ftw!

Paranormal Patroler

s0lo wrote:

No. Just kidding. hihi

Actually, it's more like "Hey we're ADDAC and we just KICKED YOUR ASS" SlayerBadger!

jc3music

very cool!

s0lo

Paranormal Patroler wrote:
s0lo wrote:

No. Just kidding. hihi

Actually, it's more like "Hey we're ADDAC and we just KICKED YOUR ASS" SlayerBadger!

No argument there MY ASS IS BLEEDING

algo

This looks great! What's the HP/depth of the module?

ADDAC System

Hello,

A few more details on this module:
.Breadboards will be screwed to the front panel to allow "pre-patched" breadboards to be interchanged.
.Comes with 1M Long power cable to have it outside any frame.
.Comes with 55cm standoff Spacers for desktop operation (like shown in photo).

.Depth: 3.5cm (±1.375 inches) with or without Arduino installed, Depth increases if using arduino shields.
.Width: 36 HP

all the very best
andre

reppiks

tempting! looks great!

ADDAC System

Hello,

Just got a message for the 5th slot! smile

So i'll push this forward and have it ready as fast as possible!
Sandra will contact everybody regarding final details.

If anyone else want to jump in just drop us a message.

all the very best
andre

flo

Addac never ceases to amaze me! SlayerBadger! we're not worthy

ArcDevilz

Just sent a PM. Mattson Mini Modular

Riggar

Complete novice electronics-wise here - but willing to learn. Could I use this to experiment with different filter circuits for instance?

sauce

Yes! And then you would just have to jumper the jacks/pots to make it useful in your system.

r1n9o

0h, $#¡+ !!!
MY ASS IS BLEEDING

FSK1138

MY ASS IS BLEEDING
Dead Banana

this is perfect!!!! i am buying!!

s0lo

Regarding the programming USB port. Is it on the edge of the side or a bit deeper to the middle? I would like to leave a little hole of hp on my rack so to stick usb cable in instead of having to screw the module in/out.

I'm fairly interested but have no electronics on me. But I'm a C++ programmer, so that USB part might come handy. Or am I off?

DonKartofflo

Actually the more i think about this the more im tempted to make this my entry into diycrack...

botstein

s0lo wrote:
Regarding the programming USB port. Is it on the edge of the side or a bit deeper to the middle? I would like to leave a little hole of hp on my rack so to stick usb cable in instead of having to screw the module in/out.

I'm fairly interested but have no electronics on me. But I'm a C++ programmer, so that USB part might come handy. Or am I off?

Arduino, the prototyping platform this is designed for, uses C or C++ so that's certainly useful.

Phetus

s0lo wrote:

If you know your C++ then the VCC (ADDAC001) would also be something to look at. Fantastic module.

Adminius

@ADDACSystem:Andre

This thing looks totally rad!

Am I right in assuming that one could also use it to prototype modules using PIC Chips? I'm completely 'Old School' and prefer programming in Assembler language rather than C.

Also, how much rack space does it take up? I don't think it's mentioned anywhere in the thread. I've had a look on ModularGrid.net which lists the width as 36HP but I dunno, the picture there looks kinda "scrunched up" to me.

s0lo

Adminius wrote:
Also, how much rack space does it take up? I don't think it's mentioned anywhere in the thread. I've had a look on ModularGrid.net which lists the width as 36HP but I dunno, the picture there looks kinda "scrunched up" to me.

It's 36Hp as you said, check the 3rd page.

BTW, Nice to see some one still into assembler.

jean bender

ordering is still possible or not ?
would be interested !!
thx !

ADDAC System

Yes, all orders are welcome.
just drop us a line at [email protected] stating this thread, also send us your address, Sandra will get in touch with all the follow up details.

all the very best
andre

NetPierre/PatchPierre

" Comes with 55cm standoff Spacers for desktop operation "

That is a size of a small desk on its own ;-)

I guess its 5.5cm (a little over 2inches) , okay... so i'm only kidding...

Very interesting module, great work!

If i had the money i'd instantly buy it...
Can't wait untill the first demo-videos pop up with a SpeakJet (or other) speech-chips for example... Instant Talking Synth/ FreqTalk !?

Feel free to post more fun suggestions below

- PatchPierre

djthopa

Any news on this? I ordered on february, sent a few emails and haven't heard from you since then.

Could you please update?

Thanks

djthopa

Thanks the update thumbs up

salvatorepreciso

wow!

Riggar

and the update was?

balpirol

Seems to be interesting, but if the service is like Wav111 I won't buy it.
On April, 01st, I got the message:

Sorry for the delay in answering your email.

André is out of the office and I am not prepared to answer your questions.
As soon as he'll be back (next week), he'll get back to you.

Thanks,
Sandra

On April.14th I wrote
Hi,

until now there is no reply about my problem.Still waiting.

I am still waitin on a reply since this time.

Joke of April ?
Momentary I am no amused about ADDAC.

Riggar

Shame - I've always had good interaction. Hang in there - I'm sure things will get sorted.

sevan

that looks awesome applause

balpirol

good news and less good news,

today I got a reply from Andre about my problem with ultrawav111.
His reply:

I also can't add more than 36 files to the card, this is something i wasn't
expecting. Already got into the code and couldn't yet understand why it's
happening, but will spend some more time with it today and see if i can find
what is causing that.
So for now 36 is the biggest amount of files possible.

I can live with this limitation.

Riggar

Hi all - anyone had any news on this?? been waitin' a while - cheers

balpirol

Riggar wrote:
Hi all - anyone had any news on this?? been waitin' a while - cheers

if you're looking for news about wav111:

in the manual limitation from 72 wavs has been reduced to 36 . So I think software update to solve this problem is not planned.
Anyway.
36 samples are acceptable.

I am just testing nebulae in my studio, seems to be more interesting...

Riggar

Ah! I was refering to the Open Heart Surgery ....

__ag

Hello!

Glad to tell let everyone know that we've finished these modules and after all pre-orders shipped we still have a couple in stock!
Drop us an email if interested!

all the very best
andre

packrat

Mine just arrived. Which Arduino boards have people found well matched to the application?

B>

__ag

Hello!

Due to pin configurations, the open heart is only compatible with diecimila, duemilanove and uno type of boards, there are plenty of 3rd parties making their own versions with slight details.

If you're getting one specifically for the open heart the BEST board to get to work on this environment is the Ruggeduino!
http://www.ruggedcircuits.com/microcontroller-boards/ruggeduino

From it's specs, it's almost indestructible, it features over voltage and over current protection which will keep your computer safe at "all" times!

This together with the open heart current control makes it a particular safe environment against mistakes. But never disregards Murphy's Laws: "Nature always sides with the hidden flaw." and "If anything can go wrong -- it will."!

I'll also add some considerations,
bottom line: make "no" mistakes.
easy right? From experience most times i learned "The" lesson ( d'oh! ) was when i burnt/busted/broke/smoked something, always try to be thinking ahead preventing "catastrophes" from happening. Dead Banana Dead Banana Dead Banana Dead Banana Dead Banana Dead Banana Dead Banana

So if you're stepping into electronics for the first times, be very careful at all times, keep one hand close to the off switch! And keep an eye on the status leds, specially when making new circuit connections and at power ups!
Be aware of board and components temperature, first sign of small mistakes is heat, if something is heating up than next step is burning out, raise your nose awareness up, although things normally start to smell funny a bit too late…

If you're learning the arduino platform or working solely on the arduino side keep the open heart disconnected from the modular, you can safely work with the usb power and avoid other mistakes.

Much more could be written, we'll feature a lot more info in our users guide which is in the making!

all the very best
andre

MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Page 1 of 3