MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Pedals for XMAS?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Guitars, Basses, Amps & FX Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next [all]
Author Pedals for XMAS?
tragedybysyntax
So... any of you guys getting/buying/asking for pedals for XMAS?
My ass is! I had a sudden urge to get more pedals for guitar/feedback loops. So, I've got a EHX Tube Zipper on the way, Arion SFL Stereo Flange, and HOPEFULLY!!!!!! an old Russian Sovtek military green Big Muff! smile

What's abouts you's?
CursedFrogurt
I'm starting a new job on Monday, and thinking about splurging on a new pedal or two. Can't decide what I'd want, the Dwarfcraft Great Destroyer is tempting, especially with how reasonable his prices are. I've also thought about a freq box for a while, and DBA's Supersonic Fuzz gun has been on my list for some time . . . GAH . . . AND Flanger Hoax AND EH HOG.

Too many pedals to buy!
Babaluma
i've had a custom fromel lush/seraph deluxe chorus on order for a while and john knows it's a xmas present for me (from my wife), so fingers crossed it gets here before then!

screaming goo yo screaming goo yo screaming goo yo
tragedybysyntax
AWESOME!!! smile
Tronman
If you're by chance looking for the sound of the olde Shine-ei or Univox Super Fuzz, you could buy an old, beat up one on eBay for $300 - $500 or go for the Wattson Classic Fuzz, originally named Super Fuzz until another company made claim to the name. I've owned one of each and have spent a couple of years trying clones that never lived up to the hype, but the Wattson sounds identical to the originals and is built better.
tragedybysyntax
I dunno... i'm loving the tone of the original sovtek big muff russian. I have a fuzz factory.... but I'm looking for that big wall of fuzz for chords. Ala, Neil Young and Janis Joplin. I'm hoping to snag that big green ugly motherfucker and then get a re-issue swollen pickle for my needs. smile
dkcg
I should have a DBA Octave Clang next week. Rockin' Banana!

Also got some parts on order to make my own feedback pedal. SlayerBadger!
dkcg
tragedybysyntax wrote:
I dunno... i'm loving the tone of the original sovtek big muff russian. I have a fuzz factory.... but I'm looking for that big wall of fuzz for chords. Ala, Neil Young and Janis Joplin. I'm hoping to snag that big green ugly motherfucker and then get a re-issue swollen pickle for my needs. smile

They're expensive, but I really really like my DirtyBoy Octa '59. The octave sounds great, and turn on the fuzz with the gretsch through it and I can start to hear some of Neil Young type dirtiness. The Strat on neck with tone all the way down sounds even nastier through it and realy gets the octaves singing. love
tragedybysyntax
wow that dirty boy sounds incredible!
dkcg
tragedybysyntax wrote:
wow that dirty boy sounds incredible!

nanners

I've seen two used ones on sleezebay after I bought mine. They were around $350 and might still be there if you're really interested. I blame the Octa'59 for my current round of pedal lust. The Octave Clang should end my lust for a while.

You should see it inside, PTP, no board as far as I can remember and parts that look older than me (in a good way).
MrDys
I'm thinking I want an Electro-Harmonix HOG... Not sure how well it will work with synths though; all of the demos I see are guitar-driven.
loudone
I kind of want the moog ring modulator pedal.
Also the expander module to play with my rogue.
Also would love a nice fuzz pedal for my bass! Any suggestions for fuzz or distortion pedals for bass?
I just bought the memory boy and nano verb, very fun.
dkcg
loudone wrote:
Also would love a nice fuzz pedal for my bass! Any suggestions for fuzz or distortion pedals for bass?

Malekko B:Assmaster maybe?
I think octave pedals sound great on basses too, haven't tried any of mine on a Bass yet. I only have a fretless G&L with flatwounds, and haven't tried any of my pedals on it yet (other than compression and the malekko B:assmaster. which sounds great on bass).
loudone
dkcg wrote:
loudone wrote:

Malekko B:Assmaster maybe?
I think octave pedals sound great on basses too, haven't tried any of mine on a Bass yet. I only have a fretless G&L with flatwounds, and haven't tried any of my pedals on it yet (other than compression and the malekko B:assmaster. which sounds great on bass).

I just started playing bass on sunday hihi ...i did play the guitar for long time, though it is my worst instrument very frustrating
I bought a fretless squire modified jazz bass....it came with round strings...you like the flats better?
I was thinking of getting the B:assmaster. Do you have the germanium or silicon based pedal?
dkcg
loudone wrote:

I just started playing bass on sunday hihi ...i did play the guitar for long time, though it is my worst instrument very frustrating
I bought a fretless squire modified jazz bass....it came with round strings...you like the flats better?
I was thinking of getting the B:assmaster. Do you have the germanium or silicon based pedal?

I like the really dark sound the flatwounds give. Closer to a James Jamerson sound than say a typical Les Claypool or Geddy Lee sound. I suck at it since I end up trying to play it like a guitar, the flatwounds make it seem easier to play for me. I picked up a bass years ago since I was always playing rhythm and not lead, and half the time there was no bass player....so I would fill in when jamming with friends. Been playing guitar for 26 years, and you would never know....I sound more like 3 years. hihi
I got the Germanium. I love how it sounds, distorted, yet you can hear every note. thumbs up
loudone
dkcg wrote:
loudone wrote:

I like the really dark sound the flatwounds give. Closer to a James Jamerson sound than say a typical Les Claypool or Geddy Lee sound. I suck at it since I end up trying to play it like a guitar, the flatwounds make it seem easier to play for me. I picked up a bass years ago since I was always playing rhythm and not lead, and half the time there was no bass player....so I would fill in when jamming with friends. Been playing guitar for 26 years, and you would never know....I sound more like 3 years. hihi
I got the Germanium. I love how it sounds, distorted, yet you can hear every note. thumbs up

yeah same here. 20 yrs on guitar..sound like 3, i actually play base way better i think.. i love it.
zerosum
I want the Malekko 616 delay.

I still dont have a dedicated delay. eek!
tragedybysyntax
for fuzz I cant recommend enough the bass microsynth pedal from EHX. HUGE! Also for bass... Zvex wooly mamoth or B:assmaster. Prunes and Custard..... others? smile
parasitk
Prunes & Custard is love

I've really been enjoying the WMD Geiger Counter too. I bet it'd sound great on bass. I'd get one for myself, but I'm holding out for a module! w00t
parasitkbass
I really want a Chunk Systems Octavious Squeezer. Anyone have one they don't want?
tragedybysyntax
geiger counter module.... it's not coming out for frac man! lol
parasitk
tragedybysyntax wrote:
geiger counter module.... it's not coming out for frac man! lol

Who said anything about Frac? I gave up asking about that a long time ago.

Here: http://muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=142041#142041
tragedybysyntax
Ahhh! smile
loudone
i like the geiger in my euro lots, can be so crazzy, or just straight dirty, or make noise itself....
I would hate to have to carry out a 2000 dollar euro setup just to distort my bass though.......
plus fingers are busy when youa re playing hence pedal action....

Tragedy, is the EH micro synth noisy at all, is the bypass very clean sounding?
wyrtti
I told myself I'd finish my Dark Boost pedal before Xmas. smile

If I get a year's end bonus, I might consider a Truly Beautiful Disaster. But then again I'll probably use it on modules instead.

As for bass, the Groundswell from Fuzzhugger is an excellent overdrive for passive basses. It doesn't work as nicely with active electronics for some reason. But, it's just a nice overdrive, it doesn't get all wild and fuzzy etc.

The Malekko germanium B:assmaster seems interesting, but I've only seen the youtube demoes.

Many of Devi Ever's pedals and Fuzzhugger's stuff seem to work really nicely with bass.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Guitars, Basses, Amps & FX Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next [all]
Page 1 of 3