MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

I Dream Of Wires (theatrical) to premiere at Moogfest 2014!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> I Dream Of Wires  
Author I Dream Of Wires (theatrical) to premiere at Moogfest 2014!
s o l v e n t
We're pleased to announce that "I Dream Of Wires" (the as-yet-unseen 90min theatrical cut) will see it's international premiere at Moogfest 2014!

Director Robert Fantinatto will be there to introduce the film and for a Q&A afterwards.

We have many more theatrical screenings are in the works, too... stay tuned!
rezzn8r
congrats! w00t

Enjoy the show!
ZenMusic
when is the showing ?
s o l v e n t
ZenMusic wrote:
when is the showing ?

So far:

Moogfest (Asheville NC):
- 1st screening: Sat April 26
- 2nd screening: Sun April 27

CIMMfest (Chicago):
- Fri May 2

Together Fest (Boston):
- Sun May 18

.... more to be announced soon.
Adamalthus
s o l v e n t wrote:
ZenMusic wrote:
when is the showing ?
Moogfest (Asheville NC):

Can't wait w00t do you need to register separately for the showings or are they open to all MoogFest attendees?
emdot_ambient
thumbs up That makes total sense, but it's also a pretty big honor. Moogfest is getting a lot of good press this year. I even had someone mention it to me here at work (in Frederick, MD) when they saw me wearing my Moog style IDOW t-shirt.

Congrats!
s o l v e n t
Adamalthus wrote:
s o l v e n t wrote:
ZenMusic wrote:
when is the showing ?
Moogfest (Asheville NC):

Can't wait w00t do you need to register separately for the showings or are they open to all MoogFest attendees?

They're open to all Moogfest attendees!

Robert (IDOW's director) will be doing an intro + Q&A at the Saturday Moogfest screening. I'll be there too selling merch in the lobby... Hope to meet some of you there!

Same deal at the Chicago screening - we'll both be there too.
rezzn8r
Any news of a Toronto showing?
s o l v e n t
rezzn8r wrote:
Any news of a Toronto showing?

No date set but it'll probably/hopefully be at the Bloor Hot Docs cinema...
rezzn8r
How was the premiere?
s o l v e n t
rezzn8r wrote:
How was the premiere?

It's peanut butter jelly time!
rezzn8r
I'm dying to see it.
Who else has seen it? How does it compare to the hardcore edition?
Enjoy the show!
s o l v e n t
rezzn8r wrote:
I'm dying to see it.
Who else has seen it? How does it compare to the hardcore edition?
Enjoy the show!

Soon enough you'll have a chance to see it!:

August 23 - Bloor Hot Docs Cinema - w/Solvent DJ set + Keith Fullerton Whitman live set! - Toronto ON, Canada

I don't know how many people remember, but initially we thought that the theatrical cut would be entirely based on the part2 resurgence stuff from Hardcore Edition. But based on a lot of feedback and some other versions we put together based on that, it became clear that the historical stuff from part1 of Hardcore Edition was what most people were responding to. So basically it turned out to be a condensation of the entire content of the Hardcore Edition, but with an emphasis on the historical part. There's a few minor new bits added. Based on what I've described, it might sound like it would be a "lite" version of the Hardcore Edition, but actually I think it benefits a lot from the streamlining. People who have seen both have commented that the theatrical version does feel different. I've come to prefer it, myself, despite some killer scenes from HE that I miss seeing.

Also - being from Canada you'll appreciate this - Patti Schmidt narrates! We've got Navs narration too and have screened both versions, but lately been showing the Patti Schmidt version, and that's the 1 we'll show in Toronto. For those outside of Canada, Patti was the host of CBC's Brave New Waves radio program, which had a John Peel show status here. She's also now 1 of the head programmers for MUTEK, so it's a great match!
rezzn8r
w00t cool
I'll definitely try and make it out for that!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> I Dream Of Wires  
Page 1 of 1