MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Future Music - Dubka Stage Tour
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Author Future Music - Dubka Stage Tour
Dubka
For anyone interested, and as a neat way of introducing myself - here's my Future Music "Stage Tour" video..

Also, just wanted to add that NONE of the diy modules would have been possible without the incredible help of my fellow wigglers..

It's an amazing, amazing community we're all a part of here.
Long live Muffs!! SlayerBadger!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6E-9EN1u6EY

Quite a lot's changed in the 5 months since they shot the video, as you can see…

ps - my mam and dad built the new case to fit in hand luggage !!! we're not worthy

pps - you can listen to the "ADE" gig I refer to in the video here - https://soundcloud.com/martindubka/live-ade-13
phutureboy
great video & excellent module choices.
Where did you get those Electro Harmonix into modules ? thumbs up
Dubka
Just took an EHX pedal apart, put it behind a blank eurorack panel and tagged this little CGS circuit on the back.. Works great..

ben_hex
Going to watch the video later smile

EHX pedals in euro ... well sort of w00t w00t
phutureboy
I see. Then it's original EHX there, nice !
Abraxis
Very cool. Nice sounds in the video too. thumbs up

AND, that improv gig on your sound cloud is awesome. On my second listen, heroic stuff. MY ASS IS BLEEDING
shootingtigers
Great video, that's a really creative live setup, thanks for sharing!

I like how you used the precision adder to transpose and combine sequences it's a module I have never seen before!

When you played the two sequences, one fast from the moskwa and another slower one, where was the other slower one coming from, I couldn't work it out? hmmm.....
mha
Cool video and setup - love all the DIY modules Mr. Green
Dubka
shootingtigers wrote:

When you played the two sequences, one fast from the moskwa and another slower one, where was the other slower one coming from, I couldn't work it out? hmmm.....

If the Moskwa was the fast sequence, it must have been the Flight 128 (DIY Baby 8 sequencer) clocked with a single trigger per bar from Pam. Often I use very slow triggers for transposing and only 3 or 4 steps of the sequencer. I think of it kind of like 4 slow chord changes.

Shoutout to Gavin from London Modular for hipping me to the precision adder.. great module thumbs up
nearly ghost
Enjoyed watching this! Very inspirational! thumbs up
frank diego
oh wow! great setup! Realy thought out choice of modules to do a live performance, nothing obsolete, everything has its place in the mix and very compact love

And I also have the Doepfer Precission adder and I can't play without it anymore in liveshows, it's so useful!

Seriously, I'm very impressed what you are getting out of your self set limitations!

When I had the doepfer spring reverb, I always thought about getting a second bigger spring and make a module to switch between the two. Did you ever think about it?

w00t w00t w00t
Dubka
I have a bigger spring tank I can plug in at home but "bigger" isn't really something you want when it comes to planes, trains and hand luggage restrictions.. wink
Count Edlington
Great and informative video Dubka, I love seeing how other people are using this stuff. Nice sequence too, loving the bit with the precision adder and the XAOC sequencer. How are you finding the new additions to the rig?
megamaeng
Really enjoyed this and the studio vid, thanks for sharing your setup! I'm generally turned off by the future music videos but this is def one of the best.

How long are your sets generally? I guess I'm wondering how much variation you can do with one sequence, or do you dial in different sequences on the fly?
shootingtigers
Dubka That explains it, I'll have to get a precision adder, cheers! thumbs up
101010oxo
Great video! Really enjoyed watching it.

applause
Dubka
Count Edlington wrote:
How are you finding the new additions to the rig?

They're great! But (unfortunately) my set doesn't get "better" the more modules I add.. it's just variety.

I played in Barcelona with 6U and it was great fun.. I really believe it's just about wringing everything out of whatever you have in front of you.
Dubka
megamaeng wrote:
How long are your sets generally? I guess I'm wondering how much variation you can do with one sequence, or do you dial in different sequences on the fly?

Well, so far all my bookings have been in nightclubs so 40-45min.. https://soundcloud.com/martindubka/live-ade-13

As you can hear - I just keep tweaking the sequences and searching for something new.. When I land on something I like, I develop it for a while and see where that leads me.. It's very "hit-and-miss" but not knowing what's going to happen is half the fun.. thumbs up
cane creek
Great video Dubka and how refreshing to see a rack without all the usual suspects.
You've just sold me a Stoicheia thumbs up

Dubka
cane creek wrote:
Great video Dubka and how refreshing to see a rack without all the usual suspects.

Yeah, I still don't understand what a Maths does… wink
Liddlepud
Great video and it's good to see more people playing out with their modular.

I'm glad to see you're using the precision adder, it's a really useful module for playing live.
Dubka
A-ha! There you are mate.. didn't know your name on here.

Basically, everyone go and buy a precision adder from London Modular immediately.. You won't regret it… thumbs up
flocked
I don't quite get the precision adder. What can I do with it? When is it useful?
frank diego
flocked wrote:
I don't quite get the precision adder. What can I do with it? When is it useful?

let me chime in. the basic function it can perform is a bufferd multiple.
It got three normal outs and one inverted. The inverted one is very useful if you like to shorten higher notes, put that to a cv-able envelope, to the decay for example.

The great fun starts with the inputs. you can add or subtract diffrent inputs, so if you got more than one sequencer you can add and subtract them. additionally, every unused input acts as a octave switch. With the attenuated input, you can for example input a LFO and get the wobbles to all your oscs equally distributed. With the switches, you can really jam out and kick in and out diffrent modulations and sequences

great module, I don't get why it gets so ignored all the time...
Dubka
frank diego wrote:
flocked wrote:

The inverted one is very useful if you like to shorten higher notes, put that to a cv-able envelope, to the decay for example.

Great idea!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Page 1 of 2