MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Prof. Aaron Lanterman EMS lectures
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next [all]
Author Prof. Aaron Lanterman EMS lectures
Pingaas
Prof. Aaron Lanterman from Georgia Tech had hosted on blip.tv a series of lectures on analog synth design (http://users.ece.gatech.edu/lanterma/ems11/).

I found out about this lectures a few months ago and saved the link until I had the time to study them. When I finally got around to it, all of the professor's videos were gone from blip.tv.

I have already tried to contact professor Lanterman but with no success. I am posting this in hope someone out there as the videos archived somewhere or can in any way help me get them.
recompas
I sat in on one of the first offerings of the class, super fantastic. I'll email him and see if he has the videos somewhere offline.
coopersloan
I really enjoyed watching those videos a couple of years ago. Here's hoping they end up back on the net.
Pingaas
recompas wrote:
I sat in on one of the first offerings of the class, super fantastic. I'll email him and see if he has the videos somewhere offline.

I can't believe how lucky you are! Universities in my country don't have nothing even close to something like that. Thanks for being so helpful. Hope to hear good news from you...
seanpark
Blip.tv took all the "unprofessional" videos off the site. Blip is trying to posit themselves as an original content platform a la netflix. They will probably fail because, well, netflix. Godspeed tho, blip.

Rehosting all these videos somewhere is a big PITA. I would gladly donate to Lanterman's department if they show up somewhere. There are instructions for earmarking donations to the Electronic Music department on Lanterman's site.

Personally I would prefer a torrent. I can't watch flash videos on some of my machines and would like to have copies for offline watching anyway.

Maybe we should all donate and send notes to Professor Lanterman asking him to republish the lectures.

Or maybe I'll just ask him in a decade when I'm at GA Tech hihi
Adamalthus
seanpark wrote:
Rehosting all these videos somewhere is a big PITA

Am I missing something? Why not create a dedicated Vimeo channel and host them there? How many lectures are we talking about? You can also enable folks to download the video if you choose to.

I'll sponsor his Vimeo Pro subscription if needed.

Hosting video just isn't that hard these days. hmmm.....
schmidtc
Aaron's still on the SDIY list and could be contacted there, if not thru Georgia Tech. Anyone willing to host these videos would do the community an awesome service!
petkost
Would be great to see this videos, again.
roglok
petkost wrote:
Would be great to see this videos, again.

yes. watched a few and was gutted when i found out they had disappeared...
mckenic
I'd love to just see em - they sound very interesting!
Dogue
I'm also very interested in these videos. I had them bookmarked for a few years, and then when I recently decided to dive in I was chagrinned to discover that the links were no longer active. I'd be willing to chip in some bones.
recompas
Sent him an email on Friday, hopefully we can get these back up somewhere!
tronabetes
FWIW, I heard from a faculty member at Georgia Tech that Lanterman was teaching abroad this year.

Not that that should effect internet activities or e-mail...
bookends
Those videos are great. Hope they get reposted!
elmegil
tronabetes wrote:
FWIW, I heard from a faculty member at Georgia Tech that Lanterman was teaching abroad this year.

Not that that should effect internet activities or e-mail...

I emailed him a couple of times, some months ago when I realized they were down (I had been using them as workout motivation). Never heard back.

Not wanting that to sound like sour grapes, just a statement of fact. I'm with the others, I hope they can be re-hosted somewhere that will keep them around because they are awesome.
Pingaas
recompas wrote:
Sent him an email on Friday, hopefully we can get these back up somewhere!

No news from the professor I imagine?
mOBiTh
ditto
recompas
sadly, no.
windspirit
Email the department maybe
webb
I may have some of his first lectures he posted that were in real audio format that I ripped from a streaming site. I'll see if I still have them. They are fairly old.
c1t1zen
I talked to Aaron before he went abroad. Blip took down the videos without much notice. He said he might try to get the videos up online when he gets back but has to look for the files. I think I'll forward this thread to him. If we can show a bunch of interest I'm sure that'll help.
davebr
c1t1zen wrote:
I talked to Aaron before he went abroad. Blip took down the videos without much notice. He said he might try to get the videos up online when he gets back but has to look for the files. I think I'll forward this thread to him. If we can show a bunch of interest I'm sure that'll help.

I have the 24 classes from 2006 and the 22 classes from 2008. I moved them one at a time to my phone and watched them while I was doing cardio at the gym. Besides, I never trust the internet for an archive.

I can send them to Aaron to host them if that is easier than looking for the files or to his designee to host them.

Dave
subjunctivus
I have 72 lectures of Professor Lanterman downloaded from Blip.tv. I think (but not sure) they are from both courses: “Electronics for Music Synthesis” and “Theory and Design of Music Synthesizers”.
lintfresh
These sound awesome. Let's make this happen!
plugugly
Tried contacting him months ago as well. I think I have the first 8 or so lectures backed up somewhere. Would love to see these get rehosted.

Really miffed at Blip.tv.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next [all]
Page 1 of 4