MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index

FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Quantimator firmware update!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next [all]
Author Quantimator firmware update!

toppobrillo

this has been discussed in another thread some, but I thought it could use it's own. 2 updates:

-faster, note acquisition to output latency is now reduced to around 1.5mS

-selectable Trigger-On-Quantize mode: when in SCALE mode *without* external triggering, Out 3 now outputs a ~1.5mS 5V pulse each time a new value is quantized. Still operates ASR like when using the trigger input. This functionality is selectable on power-up (new units will ship without this enabled to avoid confusion)

see video for example:

upgrading/ swapping: most users without access to an AVR programmer or buddies with one will swap out an IC. (I'll make a video on how to pop out your old chip safely and pop the new one in, and how to access TOQ mode) I'll begin to provide these via USPS and through distributors very soon and update that here.

If you want to get on the mailing list for an updated chip, please email me: info AT toppobrillo.com

Bambou

Thanks for this update thumbs up

mxmxmx

nice.

should one email for the hex file (i assume), too?

chvad

awesome! emailed!

Fastus

Emailed - Thanks for doing this!

jtmmorrow

Thanks! emailed

hpsounds

Thanks Josh for the update ! we're not worthy love
Email sent too ! hyper

Hédi K.

Gripp

hpsounds wrote:
Thanks Josh for the update ! we're not worthy love
Email sent too ! hyper

Yep, this is what I should have written yesterday. Was so excited and tired at the same time so I just sent the Email. Again, thanks Josh!

yghartsyrt

THANKS, Josh!

en.

wow!
i have this.. would i be able to update?

should i send an email too?
thank you!

Konrad Seifert

Yes!

toppobrillo

Quote:
wow!

yes, but since I did not add facility for ICSP to the board you'll also need an arduino uno board or the like. I will make the .hex file available shortly!

Nuuj

When do you think AH will have stock of the new chip?
I plan to make an order soon...

en.

toppobrillo wrote:
Quote:
wow!

yes, but since I did not add facility for ICSP to the board you'll also need an arduino uno board or the like. I will make the .hex file available shortly!

cool, my bro has one! can't wait
thank you josh

toppobrillo

Ok so a few chips have been sent to Control NYC and I'll be doing the same soon enough for Schneider's.. in the mean time if you've sent me an email at my info @ address- I'll be replying to those with a methods of getting you set up with the update.

Junk Rhythm will be in LA in a couple of weeks, and has kindly offered to update peeps' chips there, you can reach him at the info -AT- toppobrillo.com address too

I'll be adding some info on updating/ enabling/ using soon including a video ciao It's motherfucking bacon yo

malnatim

have any chips been sent to postmodular, uk yet?

DanPacific

Joined the mailing list w00t
From what I hear in the video, it really is a huge improvement - cheers for doing this!

Vcoadsr

malnatim wrote:

I second this question.

narwhal

Vcoadsr wrote:
malnatim wrote:

I second this question.

and i third it thumbs up

toppobrillo

No, no chips have been sent to Europe. I've replied to everyone who has emailed me with upgrade infos etc etc . please let me know if I've missed you...

Gripp

Great! Just ordered my chip directly about 20 min ago 8_)

coyotedad23

Also ordered my directly. Will a video be posted on how to replace chip?
Is it similiar to replacing mod eproms in the PM Timetable or Piston Honda?
Thanks.

en.

sorry, total noob re: AVR and arduino...
i tried yesterday to upgrade my chip but didnt succeed :(
i used my atavrisp2 to upgrade 4ms modules last year with no significant troubles...
any simple instruction or link on how to do it? (i'm on mac) thanks!!

edit: flawless victory using Terminal, yo!

WaveRider

coyotedad23 wrote:

+1

DanPacific

WaveRider wrote:
coyotedad23 wrote:

+1

+2

MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next [all]
Page 1 of 6