MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

The Complete Ardcore Sketch Library
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> SNAZZY FX Goto page Previous  1, 2 [all]
Author The Complete Ardcore Sketch Library
FSK1138
"
The expander has the reset button which is handy so you can switch modes without turning the whole modular off and on again. .."

-------------------------------------

you don't have to turn the module off to load a new sketch.?(switch modes)

i often just leave the usb cable plugged in
but unplug the cables
since most sketches use the ports in different ways
eclectics
I was thinking more of the multi-sketch model where you have several sketches in 1 loaded and it decides which to load on power on/reset based on knob positions.

That way you don't need the computer around.
Klangtueftler
Is this list still updated ?
JoeFuture
Anyone have code examples of using PWM outputs on pins 11 and 13 of the expander?
AsceticUnderground
Quote:
Anyone have code examples of using PWM outputs on pins 11 and 13 of the expander?

There is a very brief section on writing an analog value to pin 11 in my tutorial, and bitbanging 13 for pwm

https://github.com/twhiston/as[/quote]ct-ardcore/blob/master/ASCTard00 0_tutorials/Ardcore_expander_tutorial/Ardcore_expander_tutorial.ino
flx
I just created my first Ardcore sketch by modifying 20 Objects' AC07_Sequencer.

I added CV control over step selection and pitch and a random trigger output, of which the chance can be controlled with A1 between 25% and 75%.

Should I upload this somewhere? Do I have to find a new name for the sketch? Does anybody care that I changed their code? I'm new to this open-source collaborative software thing, but I wrote comments in the code wherever I changed something.
AsceticUnderground
The best place to upload it would be to github, where you can keep a collection of your sketches and make them freely available to other people (like the main library from darwin, my sketches etc....), unless that change is a bugfix to something existing, then you would make a pull request to put it back in the original repo.

I would give it a unique id FLX01 or something, and generally no one cares about code changes, as a rule of thumb check the project itself for a licence file which should tell you what you can do and what restrictions there are, but ardcore sketches are most distributed without any strict rules and are freely modifiable.

Welcome to the world of open source software grin
flx
AsceticUnderground wrote:

Welcome to the world of open source software grin

Thanks!

I created a Github account and put the sketch here:
https://github.com/TuesdayNightMachines/Ardcore/
Matos
Cool. Thanks for the sketch.
flx
Here's what it does:

8 Step Sequencer

Knob A0: Pitch to be recorded at the current step (works as offset when used with Analog In 1)
Knob A1: Current step selection (works as offset when used with Analog In 2)

Analog In A2: CV control over the current step's pitch
Analog In A3: CV control over step selection

Digital Out D0: Trigger on step output
Digital Out D1: Random chance trigger between 25% - 75% (depending on A1 knob position)

Clock In: External clock input
Analog Out: 8-bit output

The useful thing here is that the "Analog In" knobs act as attenuators for incoming CV, so you can basically set a range of steps, e.g. 3-5, which change a certain amount depending on the CV signals (the chaotic Snazzy FX modules work great as CV sources), while the other steps remain the same. This can make a sequence sound like its repeating, while it's also changing a little here and there, keeping things interesting.

The chance-based triggers can then set accents, or play a drum sound, like in the first of those two examples (which have a lot going on):

https://www.instagram.com/p/BdhzdfHFOtI/?taken-by=tuesdaynightmachines

https://www.instagram.com/p/BdiO1v6lqk4/?taken-by=tuesdaynightmachines
flx
Added two new Sketches to my Github:
https://github.com/TuesdayNightMachines/Ardcore

Those were coded from scratch using 20 Objects' template.

Dirty Mirror:
A wavefolder and wave-combiner/mixer/multiplier for CV and audio, with a clock divider output. Check it's Analog Out on a scope.

Knob A0: Threshold above which Wave 1 will be output, below will be the inverted Wave 2
Knob A1: Clock divider value (starts off, then clockwise = higher division, i.e. slower clock)
Knob A2: Attenuator for Wave 1 input
Analog In 2: Input for Wave 1 (unipolar, scaled to 0-5V, input above 5V will fold over)
Knob A3: Attenuator for Wave 2 input
Analog In 3: Input for Wave 2 (unipolar, scaled to 0-5V, input above 5V will fold over)
Digital Out D0: Trigger on Wave 1 input above Threshold, divided Clock Divider
Digital Out D1: Trigger on Wave 2 input above Threshold, divided Clock Divider
Clock In: Cycle through modes: combiner (A2 above threshold, inverted A3 below), mixer (A2-A3), multiplier (A2*A3) and silence (patch D0 to Clock In for rhythmic fun)
Analog Out: Waveform output (unipolar, 0-5V)

Bit Beats Groovebox:
An 8-step trigger sequencer and a monophonic, lo-fi chiptune groovebox with three drum sounds and three synth waveforms.

Knob A0: Pattern selection (0-255 converted to binary, so patterns between "0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0" and "1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1")
Knob A1: Synth waveform selection (Saw, Tri, Saw+Squ, Silence)
Analog In A2: Drum waveform selection, can be CV-controlled (Kick, Snare, Percussion, Silence)
Analog In A3: Synth wave pitch, can be CV-controlled (not 1V/oct)
Digital Out D0: Pattern output (trigger on every 1 bit)
Digital Out D1: Inverted pattern output (trigger on every 0 bit)
Clock In: External clock input
Analog Out: Unipolar Audio Output

I'll post some videos soon, especially for the Dirty Mirror waveshaper, which might not be too easy to understand.
flx
flx wrote:

https://github.com/TuesdayNightMachines/Ardcore

Dirty Mirror:
A wavefolder and wave-combiner/mixer/multiplier for CV and audio, with a clock divider output. Check it's Analog Out on a scope.

Knob A0: Threshold above which Wave 1 will be output, below will be the inverted Wave 2
Knob A1: Clock divider value (starts off, then clockwise = higher division, i.e. slower clock)
Knob A2: Attenuator for Wave 1 input
Analog In 2: Input for Wave 1 (unipolar, scaled to 0-5V, input above 5V will fold over)
Knob A3: Attenuator for Wave 2 input
Analog In 3: Input for Wave 2 (unipolar, scaled to 0-5V, input above 5V will fold over)
Digital Out D0: Trigger on Wave 1 input above Threshold, divided Clock Divider
Digital Out D1: Trigger on Wave 2 input above Threshold, divided Clock Divider
Clock In: Cycle through modes: combiner (A2 above threshold, inverted A3 below), mixer (A2-A3), multiplier (A2*A3) and silence (patch D0 to Clock In for rhythmic fun)
Analog Out: Waveform output (unipolar, 0-5V)

Here's a quick video demo for the "Dirty Mirror" Ardcore Sketch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=weYYc37__aU&list=PLa9Em_H8Xs_b2zcSwXT3 ZHS4q_2oWKTOA&index=13
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> SNAZZY FX Goto page Previous  1, 2 [all]
Page 2 of 2