MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

a-156 quantizer question
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Author a-156 quantizer question
Johnisfaster
I'm curious, if I run the cv out of my sequencer into the quantizer does that mean I won't get any use out of the sequencers glide? I was thinking maybe when the quantizers trigger was high it would pass glides and when it was low it would lock to notes. Maybe?
dude
any voltage smooth or otherwise passed through a quantizer will come out stepped. you can patch glide back in afterwards with a slew limiter.
DGTom
glide before a quantizer can be pretty usefull for getting all kinds of trills runs of notes, this is one of the cool things about the 156, if you have a seperate trigger sequencer, use that to sequence when the quantization occurs & turn the glide on the CV sequencer right up, switching patterns, 8ths, 16ths etc. will get you differant sets of notes from the same basic CV sequence grin
deastman
If you have a VC slew limiter, you could use another sequencer row to control the amount of slew post-quantizer.
Johnisfaster
deastman wrote:
If you have a VC slew limiter, you could use another sequencer row to control the amount of slew post-quantizer.

that sounds perfect, I don't have another sequencer row though as it's a diy mfos sequencer but I'm sure I could work something out.

who might make a vc slew limiter?
dougcl
Johnisfaster wrote:

Bananalogue smile
Karl Jeffers
Johnisfaster wrote:

I have the A-171.
But RS350 is also an option.
wetterberg
dougcl wrote:
Johnisfaster wrote:

Bananalogue smile
smile yep, and Doepfer and MakeNoise (maths)
wetterberg
also, what about just using a VC switch and switching in the glide every now and then? From what I read it sounds like you just want "on/off" functionality, like the old timey sequencers, yeah? Then a normal slew and a voltage controlled switch should work, I guess.
Johnisfaster
wetterberg wrote:
also, what about just using a VC switch and switching in the glide every now and then? From what I read it sounds like you just want "on/off" functionality, like the old timey sequencers, yeah? Then a normal slew and a voltage controlled switch should work, I guess.

sounds perfect to me, and yes thats what I'm after.
Cat-A-Tonic
wetterberg wrote:

I think the 6HP A. Sys. slew has a built in, gate controlled on/off jack.
wetterberg
Cat-A-Tonic wrote:
wetterberg wrote:

I think the 6HP A. Sys. slew has a built in, gate controlled on/off jack.
ooh, yes, and it buffers the input and sends it right back out as well! Awesome unit! RS-350.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Page 1 of 1