MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

New Ardcore sketch - Faster max/msp and PD communication
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> SNAZZY FX  
Author New Ardcore sketch - Faster max/msp and PD communication
AsceticUnderground
So I wanted a way to interface the ardcore with max a bit more easily than the current solutions as it always annoyed me having to do lots of collection of the serial into messages, processing those messages etc... when i actually wanted to get started on the creative part of my max patch. So to make this easier for myself I came up with this sketch and set of externs which makes them really integrated. In my tests its consistently faster at sending and receiving data than firmata based solutions and though im a max/msp user i've also built and tested externs for PD for both OSX and Windows so hopefully its useful to some of you out there. Full source is also included for those that want it.

I've tried to make it easy to understand and there are example Max/Msp and PD patches to demonstrate its operation. I've also attached a screenshot of this patch as I think it explains it a lot better than I can

So i present ASCTard012 - BetaMax
https://bitbucket.org/twhiston/asct-ardcore
CJ Miller
Interesting, I will check it out this spring when I do more Ardcore work. Thank you for working on this!
sync24
oooh, this is great, cheers!
really quick communication both ways - i can send a signal to my modular via the DAC in the Ardcore whilst taking two signals from the modular into MAX as the same time thumbs up
even though i don't want to use my computer for doing music, i'm still thinking i need to do more with my Ardcore and even buy an expander...
Thanks!!!
AsceticUnderground
Glad its working well for you grin If you have any issues at all please do get in touch as i'd be happy to help with them, improve the patch etc.....

The ardcore expander is great and i can recommend it totally, you really can do a lot with it (check out my pattern sequencer patch 'Tapped Out') . I got into modular to get away from the computer, but the ardcore is the module i've had the most fun with, who'd have thought!
sync24
cheers, yeah i will keep poking about with this and see if i can get it to do stuff i want...
i really want to see how controlling parameters in Jitter will work for some synchronised visual mess, so i will let you know how i get on.
I should have a look at your other patches too!
Thanks again!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> SNAZZY FX  
Page 1 of 1