MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Tips for patching Malekko's Assmaster?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Author Tips for patching Malekko's Assmaster?
theabsent
I always end up using it all controls at max. I will sell it if I can't find any other ways of using it. Any tips (for industrial / noise / hc sounds)?
loudone
it doesn't spit the nasty at you really, Not by itself, but through a plauge bearer it is nice, and also using the cv in on the middle input...forget what it is, that helps. Also i think it works better on an Fm'ed wave as opposed to a regular sine wave...
I have used mine a few times and actually only liked it this last time. I was trying to sell it actauuly but since i got not a bite i am trying to make happy with it meh
loudone
By the way, the geiger counter is really nice, by WMD, it goes from nasty to make the devil puke nasty. MY ASS IS BLEEDING
theabsent
I can get useful sounds out of Assmaster but I'm frustrated that I can't do any fiddling with it. There is no variation what so ever, it's always all or nothing. Those knobs are totally useless for me.

What I'm trying now is to get some tips how to get more out of it.
theabsent
loudone wrote:
By the way, the geiger counter is really nice, by WMD, it goes from nasty to make the devil puke nasty. MY ASS IS BLEEDING

I'm not a big fan of Doepfer's A-189-1 Bit Modifier which I do have. I use it quite rarely. Still I'm not selling it...

Is Geiger much different than Doepfer (soundwise)?
anselmi
as any dynamic processor the assmaster is sensitive to the imput amplitude and somewhat sensitive to the level of certain frequencies on the input signal (read "eq" hehe)...

so just try a not so extreme setting, keep it in taht position for a while and start to change the dynamics of the input signal...you can vay the absolute level but you can nchange dynamics over time to get different results when the signal enter and leave the action range of the assmaster...as a germanium transistor fuzz the transfering curve isn´t linear...it even stable at all, so there is some interestong points of interaction between the "movement" of the input signal and some regions of the non-linear response of the transistors

and remember: all those process are very easy to genearte ear tolerance, so you start to rise more and more all the parameters to make the same effect, going into a muffled and static sound with no variation that´s is always the same...

hope this helps
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Page 1 of 1